What are these sensors?

What are these sensors?

Attached: chrome_2018-04-24_22-57-29.png (1415x647, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1033_program
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ask the driver

Weird, saw this today too, but instead of the cameras being on the spoiler it was in the backseat with open windows.

Am also curious

Probably sensors to gather information about the road for self driving vehicles.

looks like light emitters of some kind, likely range finding obstacles to either side of vehicle

It's a charger so it could be some sort of police surveillance vehicle.

Thought it was the cops so I gtfo of there, but it was just some random chick driving.

Could be a few different things but most likely is it's looking for cars that need to be repossessed.

i asked a friend of mine on facebook who works for a company in town near me that does installs for radios, lights and other equipment on police cars and ambulances
he says they look like road mapping sensors, they read lines on the road where the car drives for various road mapping purposes
but hes not 100% sure

ive personally never seen anything like that

license plate scanners dumbos. what else could it be

Attached: AR-150119886[1].jpg (1140x880, 145K)

these anons got it right

The angle, positioning, and infrared LEDs suggest that thing is scooping up and tagging every license plate that goes near it. Probably belongs to a LEA, but could also be just a repo group if something. I don't think it's generally illegal to use these privately, but I also don't think anyone with enough money to buy a set would do so just for shits.

ALPR you idiot

Sometimes the government will outsource the scanning to trusted third parties who basically drive around scanning plates in exchange for getting paid an hourly rate. My city does it.

It's a bizarre means of mounting the units (and they're massive units). In the UK, ANPR cameras in police vehicles are usually mounted somewhere on the light bars, or behind the front and rear windows inside the car. Particularly in the "sleeper" interceptors. You rarely see the battenburg livery cars rolling around with the big units in plain view.

Attached: gspd-license-plate-recognition-reader-8202aa7fdbae2cae.jpg (1863x1211, 255K)

> Thought it was the cops so I gtfo of there
t. Tyrone. Give it back.

Here's a sleeper interceptor with ANPR. You can see the wee box hanging near the rear view mirror.

Attached: 24568820958_3237ed514e_k.jpg (2048x1362, 1.41M)

where do i sign up, my man?

Greater Manchester Police unmarked Audi S3 interceptor with ANPR.

Attached: 17037718078_f907331762_k.jpg (2048x1368, 940K)

I’m surprised bongistan would bother hiding them.
This

> audi
No wonder your taxes are so damn high.

We aren't allowed to buy military surplus armoured vehicles for a dollar from our government.

>People mock Britain for being a police / nanny state.
>Your local PD in the US are rolling around in military surplus tanks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1033_program

Repossession company LPR system.

They drive Fords and Dodges, not fucking Lincolns and Chryslers.

> muh militarized police

>They drive Fords and Dodges, not fucking Lincolns and Chryslers.
What's that got to do with what I said? Nothing. See

Audi $>>> armored vehicle $

XD

Attached: 1389068220023.png (778x1068, 48K)

123 AB"; DROP TABLE WHERE EXISTS *; --

If you just browse job listing sites or government websites they rarely list the jobs since they get taken so quickly.

>Imagine being so fucking stupid you think all police in America drive tanks.

But they do.

>Imagine being so fucking stupid you took the poster fucking literally.

>Implying the Panther platform and LX platform aren't fucking tank huge.

HURR DURR MUH BODY ON CHASSIS!

Faggot detectors. Now that you're behind it, I imagine it'd be going off like crazy

All plates have now RFID

I disabled mine after i got it. just poke the transmitter with a needle until it doest respond using your phone's nfc

Attached: IMG_3581.jpg (740x421, 17K)

Estrogen emitters

t. nig

Attached: 21942393_1384740998305100_1858735490_n.jpg (110x125, 3K)

Literally everything is a botnet now