How did you guys know that IT/programming was for you?

How did you guys know that IT/programming was for you?

Attached: insta thot 1.jpg (1024x1024, 82K)

I discovered Linux and fell in love.

Pretty much this. I used python, but when I discovered Linux it was a paradigm shift, the idea of what a computer and a OS are, what a process is, basically how shit works, became much clearer.

Post more insta thots.

if i install gentoo will i get an instathot gf?

Attached: linux.jpg (842x575, 34K)

I have an autistic obsession with networking and I don't really know why. My main goal is to be a network engineer. Got 1 year left of my degree.

I'm a tranny, so getting a job where I sit in a cubicle unseen by the world is pretty ideal. No one knows about me. No one cares about me. Stuff magically works and at the end of the day I get to go home and watch anime and masturbate, and not give a single damn about expenses or being poor.

You got this mate. TCP/IP is nothing for you. You could rewrite SSL tonight. VPN is your middle name. Get that degree bro.

I was too poor to afford a new computer so I learned how to make use out of the garbage parts I had.

RIP Athlon Thunderbird @ 1.4

when you spend hours optimizing code and dont feel like you're wasting your life

I started out playing with adobe flash for animations when I was 13, then learned I could make games with it and progressed from there.

And now I have a comparitively low pay programming job where we have too many programmers doing amateur work.

Is IT really filled with socially retarded people? I thought you needed good communication/people skills to be in IT. I mean thats what ever job posting says

Attached: insta thot 3.jpg (1200x1600, 366K)

T-thanks.

Because I keep coming back to it

Consider these girls had parents who cared for them at some point.

Why is the skirt so high?

Actually this. Always thought I had an interest in computers but didn't get past the surface level of waiting for the newest graphics processor and bs like that, having nobody else around be who was interested in such things. Switched to Linux and after a few years of it, learned Python, although I was well into my twenties then. After that I started learning more and more and eventually switched to the IT industry.

Consider they're out having fun while you're a useless, miserable sack.

t. roastie

It's not. The pay is just good enough to keep me in it

she is DAMN fine

Thank you for confirming the useless, miserable sack part.

Well Muhammad, in the US, women are allowed to wear whatever they want.

Not in my experience. Sure, there's a lot of nerds, but I don't think nerds are inherently socially retarded, most of them just haven't learned those skills early in life being so focused on computers. Once they begin real work life they finally start to learn the ropes of normal social relations.

Also there's a lot of middle management positions and the like and those are often not even filled with very tech-savvy people.

Yeah, but it doesn't look good hitched to her belly.

Generally, antisocial people are attracted to computing. You sit in front of a screen and do work. Simple. Unfortunately, working at any business at all requires people skills of some kind, which many IT spergs lack.

It's the employers polite way of saying they don't want spergs applying anymore. If you had to deal with them, you'd understand.

That wasn't even me mate, but I don't understand why you got so upset over me saying girls had caring parents.

Yes it does.

>Anyone that asks a question regarding Thot behaviour is a mudslime
This is what I call autism

Are these women gf material? Is it possible to turn them into good church going respectable women?

>pentagram over otherwise exposed tits
>church going respectable women
user...

No

When I was a kid I wanted to make video games and in order to do that I had to program. As a result I learned about it at a relatively young age and then found myself with no other employable skills as I got older. I've never really had anything else.

I thought it was until I actually started working.

The constant pressure, stress and "just do it!!!" shit you get is not worth it. I spend 90% of my own free time worrying about work-shit and the industry is extremely volatile, finger pointing and unsafe due to offshoring.

If I could give young me one advice it would be to get into a different profession. I fucking hate IT.

>be me, 10yr old
>Poor
>Factory my dad works at closes and moves to Chyna
>Move in with grandparents across country
>No friends
>They're pretty abusive but they have a computer they let me use
>Discover StarCraft
>Play StarCraft literally every second I can
>ask internet how do I make cool games like StarCraft
>"Learn this programming language called C"
>Spend all day programming and playing video games, no friends all through middle School and high school
>Meet qt gf on internet that goes to my high school
>Chat on msn every day while programming and playing video games (RuneScape Yee)
>Get full ride scholarship because spend all day programming and because poor
>Graduate CS/math
>Marry qt from highschool literally a week after graduate
>Multiple competing offers
>Move cross country to new job
>Save money, buy cheap, run down house from pajeets in nice neighborhood
>Odor remediate
>Spend every day programming and renovating this house
>Finally nice, move in
>Have baby
>Have another baby
>Spend all day programming, holding babies, and building furniture

9/10 life bretty gud

Attached: 4622319b2554d3155251c22a0565a61e44e774eecf71b7b74650ac7c4b40be87.png (1600x1389, 1.2M)

if you pass then please be my Jow Forums gf

I just wanted to play games, but I was poor, my pc was a mess and there was no one to help me, so I had to make stuff work, then I started triying programming, linux, etc out of curiosity and everyone considered me the "computer kid", so it became a part of me. I think I actually hate computers because everything fucking sucks, botnet is consuming everything and the internet I fell in love with is dead, but I'm well past the point of bo return.

Because it's the only thing I'm not a total failure at.

Attached: haha what a tool.png (211x199, 31K)

whoosh!

mine does not compare this this but
here goes:
> be me
> be good at nothing
> senpai eurns upper middle class money (630k)
> live middle class (dont know where money goes)
> mom isnt happy
> deiced to get in to IT cos its only thing im not terrable in
> work hard
> some how get into uni
> software enginnering
> mum proud
> now in uni
> not happy always depressed and procrasternate 60% of the time
> im a waste of time and space
> mfw i just wanted to make mum happy
> mfw im failing
> mfw when ill probs end up in a dead end job
> with no future
ok Jow Forums you guys go now

Attached: 0140 - 7K9xKP0.jpg (1067x650, 115K)

>still a teen
>at pre-university
>ultra awesome lecturer teaching us programming
>"Ok class, here is a problem, let us solve. How can answer this?"
>10 hands go up.
>Lecturer gets an answer.
>"Ok class, let us solve this exact same question again, but using a complete different algorithm."
>5 hands go up.
>"Ok, now we have the easy answers out of the way, let us get some brain work done. Let us solve this question AGAIN, but using a new algorithm."
>2 hands go up.
>"Ok, now we are getting to the difficult part. Who can solve this one more time, in a complete new way?"
>1 hand goes up.
A great lecturer brings out the best in a student. I loved that lecturer!

I noticed it came easy to me and I enjoyed it, so I instantly made up my mind never to do IT work.
Don't want to ruin what you enjoy. Having another job now that I find easy for me but don't enjoy that much, while it make a decent paycheck and isn't dull.

Probably still do, their parents probably know how to have fun also.

Seems like people Jow Forums who also do non-tech related jobs have much better life. I remember one user here quiting his IT job to be a garbage collector.

I've always been interested in it since I was a kid.

This is true, but what do you do instead?

It's a mindset thing. You either have it or you don't. If you don't, then yeah, IT is hell. If you do, it's super rewarding.

Jow Forumsf it was literally in front of you man but you messed up

Where's insta_thot_2?

Attached: puzzled cat.png (360x222, 30K)

Everyone is complaining about IT and stuff and I kind of understand but my story is different.
Got interested in Linux one day, cool stuff. Started learning about programming and such. Take advanced placement computer science in HS, kinda easy and still enjoy it. Do independent stuff. Right now in University majoring in CS, working as a CS instructor, and slowly moving with my research. My FPGA board is about to arrive and I'm excited to learn something new.

I love it, and I love the people in computer science. I'm only starting, you all are one of the reasons I'm in CS. Couldn't wish for a better crowd.

i always do this

Attached: Ptbw9yH.jpg (800x522, 47K)

females are driven by hormonal surges monthly
makes them seek out certain things like a Roomba

>get on the internet in early 90s via Unix dialin
>learn Unix and enjoy multiuser system interaction
>discover BOFH

I was literally BOFH within a couple of years after that.

>dad shows me smallBASIC at the age of 6
>shows me how to print stuff, use basic if statements
>figure out the rest of the general control flow operators on my own, fun times
>find out about MSVC++ 4-ish years later, way in over my head but it's what my dad said I'd have to learn for any "serious stuff"
>don't think I ever quite got it at the time but it was kinda fun
>discover linux 3-ish years later, install ubuntu
>everything clicks for me in terms of C/C++ that hasn't yet
>mess around with hobby operating systems development for a while
>write a guide on getting started with GRUB2 at around 14 that is still used in edited form today, good times
>discover python, immediately fall in love with programming all over again
Jump another 8-ish years forward and that brings me up to now, majoring in CS at uni. I think you'll see the "introduced-at-young-age" thread a bit, it just seemed fun at the time and no other science/trade ever really appealed to me the same way.

Attached: 1524360408114.jpg (264x292, 28K)

discovering python had the opposite effect on me
god i hate interpreted, dynamically typed languages

I disagree with interpreted languages being bad (that relegates you to C/C++/Rust/Go territory depending on whether you think JITs count as interpreted or not, and 9 times out of 10 you don't need that perf boost unless you're working on embedded hardware or on systems applications) though I could admittedly feel the lack of type checking becoming a burden as the Python codebases I worked on became larger and larger. The expressivity you get and the syntax are second to none, though; I always wished there was a statically-typed language as expressive and clean as Python.

Those kinds of women never existed.

>wife
>two kids
Doesn't sound like a happy life to me.

My mom told me to program the time on the vcr and it was pretty easy and after that the whole neighborhood had me programming theirs.

I didn't.
Got my first PC in late teens, when i had to work full-time as a tradecuck. Couldn't really bring myself to learn coding when I was still young (kind of difficult after 10 hours of exhausting tradecuckery every day).

Much later I've tried to learn programming languages via online courses (JS, PHP, Python) and had to really force myself to complete these courses. The only thing that excites me in IT is hardware.

>tfw I don't have it in me at all and IT is the only way to earn decent money in my yuropoor shithole.

JUST.png

>It's a mindset thing. You either have it or you don't. If you don't, then yeah, IT is hell. If you do, it's super rewarding.

More like,
>if your father/uncle/cousin/other senpai was in IT/science and influenced you early on so you got excited about coding shit when you were still young + had mummy+daddy feeding/clothing/housing you through student years and beyond, so you could relax and "pursue your passion" w/o the need to worry about the fucking money all the time

It's the same with scientists, doctors and so on. A lot depends on your environment when you are growing up. Almost every time i hear a success story from some smug ITfag or scientist - their story begins in their childhood and environment plays a huge role.

>take a """class""" in computer programming that falsely advertised itself as a "video game development" course at a community center when I was 12-ish
>visual basic
>wat.jpg
>this is not what I was expecting
>actually understand how to do some things
>end up hating the fuck out of it
>leave class

8 years later
>at art school for photography, need to take a class on web development for self promotion
>teacher was amazing
>end up getting sucked into HTML/CSS
>far and ahead better than any of the applel fags I went to class with
>end up deciding that I should take more classes on this
>do eventually at the same school
>still far and away better than any of my classmates
>realize I have a talent for this b/c I can actually "see" the machine working in my head
>eventually things fall out with that class and that college overall as my life was greatly changing
>long story, not going to elaborate
>switch college and major to CS
>8 weeks away from my BS in CS

So begins the saga of a fresh (way older than I originally expected) programmer who also knows how to art.

Attached: fgmlol.png (545x541, 461K)

I realized how much power IT knowledge gives me over the general population, when the old farts die, the IT crowd will be in control

I thought code lyoko was cool

Consider they'll be depressed, unloved and poor in a decade
I love my pure gf, we only party together in bed

Attached: premarital_sex.jpg (4920x4161, 2.69M)

>at art school for photography
>switch college and major to CS

How did you get past all the math shit in cs courses, while being an art fag?

I studied. Hard. Calculus sucked and I had to have some tutoring help with that (honestly still can't wrap my head around derivatives or triple integrals) but I have a real knack for Discrete Mathematics.

IT and programming is just a monkey's job. Anyone can learn and using for whatever they need.
What should be asking is how did you find that you needed to learn this kind of stuff and which background you come from.

lol fag

Brainlet detected.

How much XRB for those

This

i didn't, i had no other option and needed money. and pretty much this

God I fucking hate women

>beta collegeboy detected
enjoy your breakup

Adapt to technology at a slow pace, adapt to social norms at a slow pace. Jow Forums never disappoints when your goal is to get left in the dust. Haha I love Java and C++.

i like learning random stuff and since my parents bought a laptop for me when i was a kid i would fuck around with it mostly out of boredom. i hate my dad a little because that laptop came with linux out of the box and he changed it to xp. i would be way ahead of anyone my age if i had had linux but oh well.

Attached: 1524083640544.jpg (236x236, 15K)

Hello,Mudasir

>Adapt to technology at a slow pace, adapt to social norms at a slow pace.
If you don't enjoy stability then obviously this is not the way for you.

>A lot depends on your environment when you are growing up. Almost every time i hear a success story from some smug ITfag or scientist - their story begins in their childhood and environment plays a huge role.
My dad's a drunk and mom is jobless and there were times in my childhood that I had nothing to eat but here I am studying CS.

Get lost degenerate windows user
This is a board of freedom and prosperity

>tfw half-assed my way into a JNCIA certification (through a partnership with my unviversity) by cramming with the provided labs 3-days before the exam
I think after I graduate I'm gonna sit down and actually study properly for my CCNA.

sauce

>he doesn't use unix, lin*x, and w#s

Stability is for people too insecure about their own ability. They get stuck in pathetic jobs, happy to type away as code monkey or salaryman #4139 for mister manager. They get stuck working with outdated technologies and languages like C++ and Java. Worst of all, they get stuck idealizing outdated means of socialization, cutting themselves off from the rest of humanity.

Then they turn to shitposting and the internet to validate their life, thinking the world outside is insane when its their own person who is purposefully refusing change for no reason other than they are too poorly equipped to deal with it.

Don't you have everything figured out, mr. Succesfulstein

What kind of zimbabwe currency are you using that 630k is middle upper class? You know less than half of that in usd puts you in the top 1% in the US.

By finding out I neither like or have talent for other forms of paperwork and "honest work" (slave labor in any form).

someone told me I should look at working with computer since I was always on it
Learnt to program in C, then in TI basic and I never stopped programming

Fuck you, Asif

Mmmmmmm damn shes 10/10 thot

I was en route to be a very successful studio drummer, but unironically couldn't tolerate the level of (((God's Chosen People))) in the industry and the perverse nature they bring with them.

So I went with programming. comfy, make good money, still play my drums in my free time as a fun hobby.

Idk I think I might have deleted it a long time ago by accident.

>How did you guys know that IT/programming was for you?
Because sitting on my arse and fucking around with a computer literally never feels like work and I'm extremely lazy.
I'd hate to do anything else for a living but I can fuck around cutting code for eight hours straight and never feel like I actually did any work.

filled with autists so it will be easier to get a job based off my practical skills rather than my social skills

>I mean thats what ever job posting says
job postings are filled with buzzwords and other rhetorical sewage

Eh, I don't think shitposters are the ones seeking stability since most of them are reliant of government support. Also, seems like you are strongly against outdated technologies like C++ and Java which is odd because there's no point in using something else for what they are made for. Well, I suppose you could replace C++ with C# and Mac equivalent but there are no better options for embedded applications other than C and businesses use Java for a good reason - reliability. Don't need to invent new languages where there is no need for them.

I took a couple of programming courses and aced them.

IDK but I wish it never happened.

With python 3, you can in 20 minutes modify the language to enforce types.

Google: David Beazley metaprogramming

are you me

Those are the type of girls to sit on the priest's lap, butt naked, with the priest's dick up their ass.
Their only purpose in life is to be a hole for you to stick your dick in when you're horny.