Attached: file.png (2000x1964, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9W6dk9gyoek
bloomberg.com/professional/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

R

overwatch

Libreoffice Calc werks for me

I used google docs for my entire graduation. Was pretty neat (sure, i did not had to use any advanced stuff).

I would probably name any good and expensive CAD software. Shit like Autocad and SolidWORKS...

photoshop
maya

Photoshop
AutoCAD
Reason
FL Studio
Pro Tools
Logic
Visual Studio
VMware

adobe primirere

What's wrong with Blender?

It's not in the same league as maya

It's free.

Microsoft Office Excel - LibreOffice Calc
Overwatch - Unreal Tournament
Autodesk AutoCAD/Solidworks - FreeCAD
Adobe Photoshop - GIMP
Autodesk Maya - Blender
Reason - Ardour
FL Studio - LMMS
Avid Pro Tools - Ardour
Logic Pro - LMMS
Microsoft Visual Studio - Atom
VMware - VirtualBox
Adobe Premiere Pro - Kdenlive

Stop being retarded and go FOSS

>Reason - Ardour
>FL Studio - LMMS
>Avid Pro Tools - Ardour
>Logic Pro - LMMS
>Microsoft Visual Studio - Atom
>VMware - VirtualBox
All of your ""alternatives"" are shitty

How so? What features are missing? Are you aware of the upcoming 2.8 release, it's gonna blow Maja out of the water.
youtu.be/9W6dk9gyoek

But but IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR YEAR
STOP

Attached: 1491171128072.png (627x722, 89K)

macOS
Windows

Windows

> LibreOffice Calc
Good luck with running PowerPivot queries.

BasedWorks

It really depends on how it is being used. It works great for basic spreadsheet things but, and this is from someone should uses libre office for ethical reasons, it definitely does not have as good of tools as Excel does. Word and powerpoint are totally unnecessary because of libre office, but Excel still holds firm.

then why do movie studios using maya and not blender?
>they only use blender for mock-up, never for production

Why?
MacOS - elementary OS
Windows - Linux Mint
Because business men don't understand that something can be free and good at the same time, they expect there to be some kind of catch. Also industry standards and proprietary formats are keeping things from changing. It doesn't mean Blender is perfect, for example sculpting can use a revamp.

What the fuck is a PowerPivot query?

python+pandas

>FreeCAD
I mean AutoCAD isn't good but...come on

uTorrent

They might when the new rendering comes out.

>Microsoft Office Excel - LibreOffice Calc
confirmed for never doing any work on excel besides some shitty lists

>LMMS
>daw that crashes with 90% of vst being an alternative to anything

>gimp

i bet you just googled up the names

>Why?

Because Photoshop is lightyears ahead of GIMP.
Because Ardour is for amateurs and LMMS isn't even in the competition, might as well not exist.
Because Atom is running browser emulation and can't be compared to VS in any shape, way, or form because it's just a fucking editor.
Because VirtualBox is for amateurs.

I'd say the only thing you mentioned that isn't for amateurs is Blender, and even there Maya will be the preferred choice.

The FOSS alternatives are all fine programs as long as you don't work with shit professionally. The second you do, you need way more then those offer.

>LibreOffice Calc
Good luck using Solver and getting any kind of solution.

>MacOS - elementary OS
>Windows - Linux Mint
>if we try to make it look like the OS it's trying to be, then it'll be just as good!
ok buddy

Kdb+/q

>not dropping your table into a database and using SQL

Excel is absolute trash

R is open source, nigger

>MacOS
>Windows
>Good
Choose one

How so? I don't see anyone here implying it's about price.

>i can't understand that free software is about freedom and not price: the thread

>Visual Studio
>VMware
Mate, get redpilled. Get off windows.

Bloomberg Professional

If anyone can find me a free alternative that provides those same analytics then that's $2k a month back in my bank.

bloomberg.com/professional/

Or are you all just about the obvious?

This so much. I never understood the point of Excel or FOSS variants. A database is a much better, more versatile option in nearly every use case.

the original point was that neither of them have acceptable open source alternatives

30K+ functions for 2 grand a month isn't worth it?

Welcome to the real world where users use excel, addins, collaboration... and are stupid.

Good luck getting your workforce to write SQL queries for everything they want to do.

It's the best value I can find right now but this a thread about FOSS.

coinmarketcap.com

>coin

Yea dude. It's the perfect place for whatever you need to find out when you're trading your cryptos.

it is not free software but draftsight is really good and runs natively on linux

If I needed tips on how to get poor quick on crypto I'd be over at Jow Forums

Bloomberg is for post-school investments.

Nah bro, you really should check it out. I know lot's of people who have gotten rich by trading cryptos. It's just like your stock shit, but way faster. I figure if you need those Bloomberg pro tools, it means you probably like doing things in real time, up to the minute, as fast as you can. Crypto is way better for that.

>GIMP - ass
>Unreal Tournament - turbo ass
>LMMS - ass
>Atom - ass
>VirtualBox - ass
>Blender - it works but makes sure to drag its taint across your face any chance it gets

if only there was a qualified cd ripper for linux

Attached: Exact-Audio-Copy-Icon.png (256x256, 36K)

>Because VirtualBox is for amateurs
Elaborate.

EAC - fre:ac

Office365

(Active Directory / Exchange / Skype for Business / SharePoint)

Active Directory, Exchange, QuickBooks, Minitab.

that's just a poor fork of CDex. You're better off using rubyripper

You have a fair point. Boomers and computer illiterates would get nothing done if it weren't for Excel.

Why do people always insist on using excel / access as crappy databases by means of shit languages like VB and DAX?

I do not get it.

>>FreeCAD
>I mean AutoCAD isn't good but...come on
Why?
Dad and his fellow communications engineer use them and say that 3D options are super useful.

What would you recommend instead?

I can't deny that the average user would find Excel easier, but that doesn't mean it's better.
My coworkers and I use databases all the time instead of spreadsheets and it works really well.
I won't autistically complain if I have a new job in the future where I'm forced to use Excel, but as long as I have the choice to use what I want, it's SQL queries all the way for me.

VirutalBox is fine in most professional environments, but ask yourself, if your core business depended on virtualization would you use it as opposed to VMware? I'd say probably not.

tuneup utilities
eset
minecraft

Not even good bait

An open source alternative to excel...

LMMS lol

What is it that Libreoffice can't do that MS Office does? Not trying to be a dick, just curious because as someone who hasn't used anything else but Libreoffice for years now I really don't feel limited. (That being said I don't use office software that often)

>ardour
Its "donationware" in the most Jewish way possible.

RSLogix

> access
It's not Access, it's a tool to build graphs using SQL queries to MSSQL Server. Useful for managers if they can wrap their heads around it and it's a good addition to OLAP cubes.

What's wrong with VirtualBox?

I know for certainty that emacs can do all of that if you mod it hard enough

>Adobe Photoshop - GIMP
not even a good bait

Attached: index.jpg (237x213, 7K)

Sony Vegas

>java

>emacs as a DAW
I lol'd trying to imagine that

It is written in C,C++, and Assembly though?

Beats the shit out of Ableton for sure.

Emacs the ultimate multi-tool

>Unreal Tournament - turbo ass

yeah, sure thing. I mean it's far from perfect, but I had way more fun in UT4 pre-alpha shit than in overwatch

Kirby Air Ride

>then why do movie studios using maya and not blender?
Blender is also used. Paid software and expensive hardware is usually bought just to lose less money on tax.