Best VPNs for Linux MInt

Hello Jow Forums
What are the best VPNs to use for Linux/GNU? Specifically Linux Mint.

Attached: best-vpn-for-linux.png (1280x800, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/04/why-i-hired-mt-gox-ex-ceo-mark-karpeles-as-cto-of-london-trust-media/
torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-anonymous-review-2017-170304/
thatoneprivacysite.net/2017/10/03/mullvad-review/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

StrongSwan

Pia has an app for linux. But you can buy whatever you want, and use openvpn.

then
What is the best VPN to buy?

Myself i am using pia. Heard good about expressvpn and nord. Protonvpn looks fine for me too.

tunnelr

just FYI the ex-CEO of Mt. Gox who was arrested more than once for embezzling $3 million from his users is now CTO at PIA:

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2018/04/why-i-hired-mt-gox-ex-ceo-mark-karpeles-as-cto-of-london-trust-media/

Up to you whether or not this matters, but since you're generally putting your trust in your VPN provider you may want to consider switching.

I'm currently looking at NordVPN and ExpressVPN as alternatives, there's a pretty good detailed list here, although it's a year out of date:

torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-anonymous-review-2017-170304/

Mullvad

not a vpn you meganigger

Use it or I won't get paid. Please, friend.
-Rajeet

>not having a VPS and installing openvpn on it
everyone in this thread should fuck off back to /v/

I use Proton. I came to the choice after many hours of research. check thatoneprivacysite.net and privacytools.io if you want to dyor.

thatoneprivacysite.net/2017/10/03/mullvad-review/

PIA what a show!

Trusting a server provider is the same thing as trusting a vpn provider.

Openvpn

Reminder to sage threads like these.

Mullvad + openvpn

I use Nord.

Can you pretty much protols, openvpn and strongswan suoported easily too. Can use it on your router as well. Works good for the most part...I have issues sometimes where it's slow but I honestly think my ISP is throttling me when using vpn

Holy hell ..

Can use pretty much any protocol*

So I'm using Linux Mint, I installed OpenVPN, I have a SlickVPN account, set everything up and I can't get the damned networking tool to actually let me connect to it. Yes the OpenVPN daemon is running, yes the SlickVPN config file is where it's supposed to be, yes the command line for the daemon points to the config file, and still nothing fucking works.

I hate Linux just for stupid shit like this. On Windows and macOS, install the software, click, it's fucking done and it fucking works.

And people wonder why Linux is still so fucking far behind. And don't even get me started on documentation on how to resolve the fact that I can't get OpenVPN up and working - what fucking documentation, I mean really.

Linux sucks.

I'm using Linux Mint and use PIA, but everytime I try to connect it starts connecting and then fails. Anyone have a fix?

Just don't...

Just don't..?

Don't "Just don't...?"...

Since when VPN is OS-dependent?

I suppose he means how well is supported. Client or not.