Google's a company that will destroy itself. Absolute mess of an operation. JEJ!

Google's a company that will destroy itself. Absolute mess of an operation. JEJ!

Attached: 0.png (513x218, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/04/25/google-ceo-omits-pixel-smartphones-in-earnings-call-heres-why/2/#1259f7e647ba
forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2018/04/25/google-abandons-another-app-to-steal-apples-glory/#5e303bc51527
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Google Pixel 2 is a flop and they quickly stopped Google Pixel 1.
forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptiste/2018/04/25/google-ceo-omits-pixel-smartphones-in-earnings-call-heres-why/2/#1259f7e647ba

I feel sorry those spending their money on stuff a company just slings out there without giving a shit.

I like Inbox. The task management/get-things-done approach to email is something that I definitely needed.

Attached: intro-product.png (1119x790, 85K)

>play music is doomed
man I use this and don't hate it, they already got rid of hangouts why get rid of this too?

As far as I've seen, they plan to merge Youtube RED and Play Music to get some ungodly abomination out.

I'm a bit sad, I like Google Play Music quite a lot, it's a very functional app which runs very well.

So it'll be cancelled. That's Google's way.

Oh, thank you for the warning. I never realized Google was such a mess till you shitposted.

>throws out android phone
>blocks YouTube
>looks for gmail alternative
>looks for google maps alternative
>looks for chrome alternative

Thank you, my life will be so much better now.

You're JUST finding out that Google likes to abandon projects? Usually after buying them from independent developers. It's kind of their whole corporate identity outside of advertisements.

I swear people have short term memory loss.
Google is NOTORIOUS for abandoning projects. But it seems they rarely get shit for it because Google is right around the corner to announce yet another redundant project.

I use inbox, and I quite like it

>

Attached: ahahahha.png (716x676, 93K)

What about Duo.

I use all three of those apps

OP here. I heard from a source that Google is going to delete all their apps.

im so sorry user

What was the point of inbox?

I hope I still can get Inbox like features in Gmail if they ever do discontinue ti.

See, the problem is, there is only a small handful of useful things any computer can do for someone. Let's list them:

>Browse the internet
>Check Emails
>Social media
>Message people
>Write a document that can be printed
>Mathematical computations
>Presentations
>Listen to music
>Watch a video
>Look at images
>Manipulate images
>Manipulate videos
>Manipulate music
>Play games
>Write programs
>Compute graphics
>Buy things
>Sell things
>Search for things
>Back stuff up
>Automate task
>Sense things beyond human ability
>Simulate things semi-accurately
>Storage of information
>Tell time

A dev must ask themselves, does this application achieve one or more of these task? If it does, is there a better alternative? If so, don't reinvent the wheel unless you can absolutely do all that program can but in a more efficient way.

honestly the expected software development lifecycle is around 4 years unless you have a continuously successful product. it's not surprising that they sunset all these endeavors. it's actually pretty healthy for them to keep doing this. what we should do as users is do what
said, even if he/she was greentexting sarcasm.
you will find a pretty good alternative out there, not always the best, but there's stuff out there. that's why we at Jow Forums tout the gospel from our prophet and savior richard matthew stallman. he's right about free software. if you really like something that google has put out, but they dump it, go out there and find the free software alternative and learn to use it. if you don't like it, and you can code, start contributing or fork it to make it your own. if you don't like it, and you can't code, start reporting bugs and logging issues in their project tracker if they have one (like GitHub). there's no reason to just sit there and take what the industry feeds you. this board is full of people who can make their own software that they like.

how the fuck did they mess that up? They have a massive advantage because they can leverage their own platforms to advertise. Though for me personally the youtube pixel ads were so bad they made me actively not want the damn thing.

oh jesus. The youtube brand name is fucking dead what are they thinking.

Why? They all work pretty well

>All that crap is the height of OP's happiness

Attached: 35_year_old_female.gif (360x360, 2.95M)

>got rid of hangouts
What? I'm using it literally right now.

:( I really enjoy play music

I like inbox, it makes managing mail so easy

Are you fucking retards forgetting that what most people consider the internet is really just googles search engine?

i haven't heard of inbox or allo

Except play music never heard of them

Google abandoned Hangouts to make Allo, but Allo was hot garbage so now they're abandoning that too. Gives you a good look into their corporate culture.

hangouts?

Don't ever try to update.

Yes. Google rolled out Allo and Duo to replace Hangouts, and killed off the Hangouts API. They actually began removing features from it last year. Allo and Duo were shit and turns out people don't want a separate app for every type of communication.

Inbox is trash, Allo is literally what and I use Play Music only because it gets rid of ads on Jewtube on my phone and ps4. If they dropped jewtube red to like $2 a month I'd drop Play for Spotify.

forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2018/04/25/google-abandons-another-app-to-steal-apples-glory/#5e303bc51527

LOL they're making ANOTHER messaging app. Hangouts -> Allo/Duo -> Chat.

Allo isn't even 2 years old and it's being killed off. WTF google

All of those would make me happy, actually. They really, really need to cut out redundancies and instead work on a solid set of mainline products.

>youtube brand name is fucking dead
1.3 billion active accounts would largely say otherwise
though sure, it's dead on Jow Forums and Jow Forums, two massively minority communities

The point was to experiment with new features without breaking the main UI that ever uses, e.g. pulling a Mozilla or Facebook.

Now they're taking the features that worked the best, like snoozing emails, and adding them to the new Gmail UI.

Google is also notorious for crazy but successful projects, like AlphaGo, Project Zero, Project Loon, Google Earth, Street View. I think of them like Shaft. Ads is the Monogatari/Madoka money printing machine, and they spend that money doing crazy stuff no one else dares to do.

Material Design
>Inbox fucks up my emails all the time by still showing me select emails from 2007 and I have to go re-sort them

the jej is on you my goyboy. google will self destruct but it will take 10 years

hangouts was great

only issue i ever had was sometimes syncing messages was a catchup game and then i get spammed with auto scrolling to the bottom as it loads

shame it's pushed towards enterprise now

>Inbox
yday google released new gmail interface
>allo
google planning to enhance core text app instead
>play music
youtube remix

Attached: Screenshot 2018-04-26 at 8.52.51 AM.png (380x449, 191K)

Google Inbox is better than Gmail. I'll just whirl that on out there. No JEJs given. I believe Google Chat will be better than Allo, so that's a great choice. But when it comes to that YouTube Remix, I think they should rethink that.