Will the famous 1.1.1.1 remove the need for a VPN?

Hey guys, recently saw Linus' video about this dns and apparently it "doesn't let your isp see what sites you visit", is that really true?

Attached: Cloudflare-announces-1.1.1.1-DNS-service.png (728x400, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>trusting jewish tech tips

ISPs still see IPs.

Are you fucking retarded?

lol no
also it does nothing to change/hide your IP, so niggers will still complain to your ISP about what you download forcing them to inform you of something on your network allegedly doing things

a transparent proxy will still let them see http traffic.

you would be surprised how much still goes through http.

Without a VPN, your ISP (or anyone listening, really) will always be able to see what HTTPS sites you're visiting because the HTTPS protocol includes sending the plaintext domain name in the Client Hello SNI extension.

Attached: Xf5d6IT.png (1120x631, 119K)

2/2 the chances of Linus having this level of knowledge is zero. He's literally a salesman who only has minimal tech knowledge needed to push a product. It's very possible he was paid by Cloudflare or whoever owns 1.1.1.1 to create that video.

He should try working at an ISP before he starts claiming what they can and cannot see

It doesn't let your ISP see DNS traffic

To prevent your ISP from seeing more...

you need HTTPS EVERYWHERE(select block all unencrypted requests in Options), Ublock Origin( select prevent WEBRTC & block CSP reports in options), and Betternet (free VPN)

>free VPN
If you aren't paying for the product, you are the product. They will mine your data just as hard as an ISP would, and then sell it to a 3rd party without regulation or oversight. They aren't running a charity

Why are there so many newfags that dont understand basic networking?

lmao soibois will believe anything a video faggot tells them to

>trusting cloudflare
>trusting a company that openly blocked websites because it hurt the CEO's feelings one day
>trusting a company that is no doubt data mining everything that goes through them like every other major tech company

How does cloudflare make profit with all of this ? What's the catch ?

They'll only know what the site was. They don't know what anything past it so if you were on >> your ISP would only know you're on boards.Jow Forums.org but not Jow Forums

Right, that's why I said they're able to see what sites you're visiting aka the DNS entry.

Jow Forums is the same "site" as /b/ and any other Jow Forums board.

As their website says...

"Betternet is Totally Free, Forever! Betternet works across all devices for free without showing irritating ads or keeping any data logs from users."

How do they offer it for free?

They offer free sponsoring apps & videos inside of their app/extension that you can watch to help them with the cost.

Yeah but will they know about the furry pics I upload to /b/?

I'm pretty sure that 1.1.1.1 is just a DNS server that cloudflare set up, and unless I'm missing something, your DNS requests are still being sent over unencrypted UDP? So yeah, you can use cloudflare to resolve your DNS requests, but at the end of the day your ISP still handles the packets as they go between you and cloudflare, and they could know what you're requesting if they really wanted.

The problem is that people think they're so important that the gubbermint is gonna watch them. Who cares? Just create a tool to blast so many fake requests for shit out that nobody knows what you're really looking at.

this is the literal state of Jow Forums

STOP SHILLING THIS GARBAGE
dns.watch

Obviously.

Waaaaah I can't be a racist shitbag on the internet! Muh freeze peaches!

It's unencrypted by default. You have to set up DNS to resolve via TLS yourself.

Attached: pfSense.png (1528x553, 73K)

the mods are fucking asswipes for letting this happen
hiroshimoot should hang
two fucking shill threads at the same time

Attached: DCQ-QtSWsAA2Q3C.jpg (960x540, 62K)

Your ISP can see but not through the DNS requests.

that's literally not what he said, but w/e.
use DNSSEC

No

kill yourself nigger

Just use dnscrypt-proxy

behold, the absolute state of ni/g/g/ers

>It doesn’t let your ISP see DNS traffic
Take a deep breath, reread what you just wrote and realize how retarded it is

It's not April 1st anymore user.

I hope you fucking die, you imbecile. You not only don't know how shit works but you go out of your way to make a stupid thread spreading your stupidity.
Fuck you. Retard.

Attached: GET OUT.gif (500x281, 2.55M)

tell your jewsish overlords that advertizing is this way
Jow Forums.org/advertise?selfserve
HIROSHIMOOT YOU FUCKING NIGGER WHYA RE YOU LETTING THIS HAPPEN
THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO SHILLING THREADS FOR THIS SHIT AT ANY GIVEN TIME

I've been using it all day and it does seem faster. Plus my ISP sometimes has DNS server outages.

remember to add mint & sage to posting recipe.
then hide thread. help save Jow Forums

Attached: S A G E.png (460x288, 144K)

HAHAHHAHAHA
Just fucking kill yourself for believing that shilling cuck about this shit, you dumb nigger.

Attached: Hasta La Vista, Baby.png (500x501, 252K)