Tfw you reinstall windows and your shit is super fast again

>tfw you reinstall windows and your shit is super fast again

Attached: 5354345543.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>tfw you've been using the same Linux distro for two years and it's still super fast

>that feel when you sign away control of your computer and ownership of your data

chek'd
I do this after every semester. Literally the only way to keep Windows usable after 6 months of use.

>still spend less time reinstalling than loonix users

>t. Doesn't know how to install, set up or maintain their OS so it always turns to shit
lmao at you losers
Only plebs who can't into computers need to constantly reinstall Windows. Gtfo with your freetardation.

> what is the placebo effect

How do you install, set up, and maintain an OS so it doesn't turn to shit?

Not true. Windows gets bloated and turns to shit by design

Buy a new computer before the old one turns to shit. Don't do stupid shit like leave it on all the time or dunk it in water. Basically don't abuse it unless you have a good reason.

Even the windows IDE's are bad. I've been using vscode on my linux box for development, and every once in a while the intellisense crashes, but just rebooting the software fixes it. I don't even have to reboot, just kill the process and start a new one.

>tfw my 2 years old Windows install is still blazing fast because Windows 10 is actually quite stable and I'm not a retard

Attached: Lauren_Southern_OK.jpg (337x599, 32K)

Do you think you're a typical computer user? Or do you, like me, spend a lot more time daily on a computer/smartphone than most people? How much time do you spend on computers/smartphones and how much money do you spend? Do you buy cheap shit and expect it to last 10 years and be fast?

I spent $1600 on hardware (upper end laptop, flagship smartphone) and $1800 on network (fiber 20 MB/s download 5 MB/s upload, that's B not b, and cell phone service) over the last 3 years and I easily spend 14 hours a day on my laptop or smartphone so it ends up at $0.25/hour. Is that expensive or unfair? It's not for me.

>tfw you reinstall Windows 10 without the ethernet cable plugged in but as soon as you connect your cable Candy Crush gets installed

Attached: 1521896103112.gif (413x243, 51K)

i should not have laughed at this (but i did).

I didn't find this funny at all since I've wasted too much time (more than 15 minutes every 3 years) changing windows settings. my time is valuable

Laura Southern is so fucking beautiful that I almost start to cry

Unless you don't install any software whatsoever you'll eventually run into problems with:
* Temporary log files written to non-standard locations
* Uninstallers that don't actually remove everything
* 30 versions of the same library because every piece of software requires a different version
* Alternatively, 20 MiB executables with everything statically linked
* 9 different versions of Chromium Embedded Framework for each of your shitty Electron apps
* Binaries installed to %AppData% (this is the roaming profile and should only be used to install architecture-independent files like personal settings)
* Binaries installed to %LocalAppData% (this is better, but the standard location since Windows 7 is %LocalAppData%\Programs)
* Software installing context menu entries, thumbnail plug-ins and registering services you don't want to use
* Updates leaves useless files behind (this includes Windows Updates themselves)
* Shitty new feature updates that actually reinstall the entire OS and installs the Windows Update version of your drivers. Now any software you have installed that Windows Update didn't migrate to the new OS install is in a broken state.
* No application (including Microsoft's own applications) handle unexpected failures well. Ever had a power outage? Hope it never happens during an installation/update or you'll never rollback or resume it properly because the devs simply assumed nothing can go wrong.

and many more.

I doubt there's not a single Windows user in Jow Forums who doesn't have orphaned firewall rules, either from an application that was uninstalled or an application that was updated and changed its path.

Enjoy having all your information sent to Redmund, and anything they disagree with deleted directly off your own computer.

use linux or bsd

>run into problem
>press reset button
>everything works again
dealing with tech support is a thing of the past

`>tfw when you replace the botnet OS with a holy OS then run over a glowing nigger with your car.

Attached: terry.jpg (802x854, 203K)

i'm not going to use linux or bsd for at least the next 10 years probably and maybe never.

Just get Windows Lean! =3=

Attached: w10_lean.png (1024x768, 20K)

fuck off with the conspiracy theory/paranoia shit

hi femanon.
also setting up linux or bsd also takes time and my time is valuable, like i said.

How valuable can your time be when you spend it on this shithole?

This is neo Jow Forums. Filled with kids and edge lords, what did you expect?

as opposed to what? I like posting here for my own reasons, am I supposed to be a robot that spends all my time working?

Wake the fuck up, just because you're a loser doesn't mean everyone else who posts is a loser.

>Filled with kids and edge lords

More like LARPers.

3/3 "tips" have nothing to do with the OS. Good job, guy.

>install application
>uninstall application
>tons of shit stays in registry and on hard drive
Yeah, of course Windows never gets slow. It's the best operating system ever created