Jow Forums is filled with "IT" people who spend their days ricing their /gay/ming rigs rather than learning to code

Jow Forums is filled with "IT" people who spend their days ricing their /gay/ming rigs rather than learning to code.

I know you can't even write a fucking pong game without pissing yourself in anxiety.

Sysadmins and network engineers are the janitors of the tech industry.

Give me 1 redeeming factor about yourself.

Attached: HucN.gif (480x360, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
certification.comptia.org/certifications/4-steps-to-certification
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I could write a pong game, I just don't want to.

someones gotta do it

Proud to be a code monkey

You wouldn't need janitors if you kept your shit clean.

Amen

You’re probably some enterprise java dev who is about to lose it

I agree with you, but that doesn't excuse you from making shitposts.
Well, not like Jow Forums can get any worse by shitting on it.

I can claim nothing to redeem myself. I'm an 18-year-old le underachiever; I go to community college and somehow manage to make shit grades; I have a shitty retail job that I always show up late to; I spend all my time customizing my Arch installation and scrolling this horrible board; and every time I've ever tried to start building a program, I gave up within two days because it was too boring. I will most likely leech off my parents until they kick me out and I'm forced to find another job and live in some shithole apartment complex for the rest of my life. Thanks for reminding me, OP. What about yourself?

You are just fucking 18.
Stop blogposting like you are a 25 y.o NEET (me)

I don't plan to do anything about my situation any time soon, so I'll probably be in your position or worse by the time I muster up the initiative to do something with my life. Any tips?

My only tip is: don't fall in love. It will only lead to disappointment.

Attached: 1517711106390.jpg (1440x900, 139K)

>Give me 1 redeeming factor about yourself.
I'm pretty hot
I mean, I'd fuck me (no homo)

what a gay shitty thread OP
i actually already wrote pong in lua
but go fuck yourself

Try different classes, find something you're passionate about and could do as a career. Keep working but do the bare minimum and finish a degree or certificate or training program. If you just want money become an electrician, welder, or plumber. Also don't listen to falling in love (and losing them) is just a right of passage and will help you discover what you really value in a partner.
t. 25 y.o. NEET (a different one)

wow this makes me feel good about myself

Already been there, unfortunately. Worst part about it is that I intentionally sabotaged the whole thing after two years because I thought it would make me happier and give me more time to pursue a career, meet other people, etc. It's almost been a year since I broke up with her. spoiler: Shortly after, I realized that she was my only source of motivation and the only person I've yet encountered that had a romantic interest in me. Now she's dating some nu-male faggot that actually has some shit going for him, and I cry about it from time to time.

>code
Just by your normie terminology, you most likely don't even know how to program, yourself.

i'm attractive

>this is what animeposters actually believe

I am not a pair of floating glasses

>Jow Forums is filled with...
World* is filled with.

Attached: AllTheAnswers.png (2752x4342, 742K)

>Sysadmins and network engineers are the janitors of the tech industry.
You mean you don’t need even a high school education for those jobs?

Biggest redpill you will ever take:
There is nothing glamorous about programming. It's complete garbage. Time and effort into programming is wasted. Nobody fucking cares about 'good programming practices' (whatever that means). You could have studied something actually meaningful, instead you chose the academic equivalent to playing with your own dick. You fell for Hollywood propaganda movies created to push the idea that "programming is cool and if you can program you're in an exclusive club" with the goal to get as many worker drones in as possible. You aren't any better than any of the people you criticize and are less than human.

You are normal and a faggot. Your blog posting is below average. Please leave Jow Forums kudasai.
The only girl I ever loved rejected me and I am a gf-less virgin. I dropped out of college after around 5 to 6 years although I was nearly done.
Now I am a NEET living at his parents house.
Even if a girl would want more of me I am basically afraid of intimacy.
My hobby is drinking.

Programming is pretty fun though.

Yeah if you were bullied as a kid

So this is what non-programmers think after being unable to handle programming.

Check pic related. It is your soulmate.

Attached: FizzBuzzed.png (1848x2018, 391K)

Bahahaha, deleted this post, eh?

Original:
>Biggest redpill you will ever take:
>There is nothing glamorous about programming. It's complete garbage. Time and effort into programming is wasted. Nobody fucking cares about 'good programming practices' (whatever that means). You could have studied something actually meaningful, instead you chose the academic equivalent to playing with your own dick. You fell for Hollywood propaganda movies created to push the idea that "programming is cool and if you can program you're in an exclusive club" with the goal to get as many worker drones in as possible. You aren't any better than any of the people you criticize and are less than human.

lol okay retard

Hes right

>make shitpost
>instantly regret it
>delete it
>people still responding to it
>abandon thread and hide in shame

Attached: 1524419357909.jpg (1238x1214, 553K)

In all seriousness, you should get diagnosed for ADHD, if you haven't already.

>obvious bait from pretend dev to stir up shit
>some people actually take him seriously

Attached: 1524375076048.jpg (1152x2048, 199K)

Yep, I too had a problem with focus and attention, must be common with young people nowadays. I think mine was more related to brain fog. I was able to get rid of it by changing my diet and lifestyle completely. Now I eat a lot of salmon and eggs (good for brain inflamation) and vegetables, take a lot of vitamin C, B12, and Ginkgo Biloba, and work out a lot. Drink a lot of green tea too. Now focusing and programming has never been easier.

WHAT WAS IT??

I want to lick those feet

See:

who is the broad

>be me
>want to learn programming
>choose a language that seems cool
>try to read introductory text
>read until my head hurts
>book has stopped making any sense
>fuck this
>delete book
>throw the programming language interpreter/compiler/vm into the trash
>read the textbook of a """harder subject""" , Math, because it actually makes intuitive sense to calm my nerves

Why do I keep having this repeat afternoon ?

Attached: finz.png (1198x760, 921K)

Ive been programming professionally for years faggot op stop projecting. Im here to talk about computer hardware becauses it's a hobby that I like, i already wrote code for 8 hours day i dont give a fuck about talking about it anymore

Where did you find that picture of me?

Programming is fun. I can't get a job and I'm dealing with depression, still enjoy programming though, reading about a new language and learning in general

Attached: anime-computer-girl-anime-girls-1.jpg (640x399, 44K)

you are liar

Are you me?

Programming is really simple.
You just have to understand what needs to be done to accomplish things.

how do i learn to program? i want to do genetic programming / algorithms some day

can i do that in elixir? can i get a job ine lixir?

I work with FPGAs every day, much more complex and more difficult than your shitty java or whatever garbage you use to make "personal projects" or "hobby projects" that haven't landed you a job yet after 6 years of trying you fucking faggot loser

So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamically typed/interpreted programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby
-Statically typed/compiled programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamically typed programming may be a bit more flexible, convenient, and forgiving. It is more popular in academia.
-Statically typed programming is a bit more suited for making general applications. It is more popular in industries.

Cannot decide? Flip a coin.

If you choose statically typed/compiled programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and teaches many universal programming concepts. C++ is based on C, and adds new concepts. Sources:
For C:
The C Programming Language (K&R)
C Primer Plus (Prata)
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/

For C++:
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq

If you choose dynamically typed/interpreted programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [language x] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages above are considered good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE PC GAMES!
Learn patience.

Why did you chose elixir?
Just learn go. It's the best language that isn't overly complicated today.
It has great tutorials and a good community.
To learn programming, just program things.
You first mission will be to write a Turing Machine in go.
Don't look at how other people did this, but read the definition, and try to program it yourself.

Haven't riced since the early 00s. Still use Linux for everything but not autistic about it. I make good money in IT, more than the average dev in my area at-least.

stop reading start doing

I would never recommend C++ to a beginner.
If I would have learned C++ before C I don't know if I would have ever taken a look at low level programming ever again.
Remove it from your pasta.

I can talk to board members and execs without being autistic, unlike our coding department as a whole, and probably OP as well.

I make more than you.

>Go

I dont want to be one of those people, I hate Google!
i've been through this loop so many times...

Falcon is a retarded attention whoring tripfaggot. You would have to be an idiot to take anything he posts seriously.

>C++ before C
What I wrote and what you read are two different things.

Some truth in there but I still can't do anything else. I know of no other career path where it's trivial to make a decent wage and never commute.

go has nothing to do with google.
It's basically 'Plan9 the programming language'. Even the dudes who made it are from Bell Labs.
It's just that nobody gave them money anymore there, so they needed someone else who gave them money for research.

It was too long, so I didn't read.
But why learn C++ at all? The best way to write C++ is to just write C plus C++ libraries after all.

OP here

I fucking love Elixir. It's the best programming language. Unfortunately there are extremely few Elixir jobs out there, so it should only be learned as a hobby.

But yeah you can do genetic algorithms in any language.

Yep, I'm an amphetamine addict.
I've been able to get into a routine of exercise and healthy dieting a couple of times, but it never really lasts. Can confirm that it works though.
Thanks, user. The only two career fields I can see myself in at the moment are data science and writing/publishing, but the amount of time I'll spend in school before I ever get around to the meat and potatoes of a major is really off-putting. I can't bring myself to give half of a shit about any of the basic classes I'm taking right now, so I doubt I'm going to be able to transfer to any worthwhile university when I finish my associate's. So, that kind of leads me to the idea of getting IT certs, but I also feel like shit about that because everyone around me thinks I'm some sort of temporarily unmotivated jack-in-the-box genius that will wake up one day and change the world. Also, I'll immediately get booted from my house when I tell my parents I'm not going to continue my education. Everything feels pretty hopeless, and so I like to imagine that I'm happier when I'm fucking around on the Internet than I would be if I were spending my time studying or working toward a concrete goal.
Email me, user. I need more friends my age.

But Jow Forums and that other chan told me go is for basedboys, something about generics (dont know what that is)

I have some C experience
i dont know a lot but the languages i'd say I "know" the best are C & R
but jobs that use R are rare , even rarer for people who aren't statistics/ researchers, and also require SQL knowledge.

and C jobs are even more rare and basically not entry level ata ll.

If you listen to Jow Forums you will lose in life.

>unironic go shills
>Go
who poo'd in my C? Who Poo'd in my C++? Who poo'd in my C#? Who Poo'd in my D?
Oh! It was the Botnet!
Go is worthless. Tell me when your botnet language can handle a generic

>I know you can't even write a fucking pong game without pissing yourself in anxiety.
Yeah? I did in qbasic 4.5 when I was 10 or so.
Idea was simple enough. Graphics mode, circle, cycle, delay, keyboard processing, checking if boarders, inverting x,y speeds (or adding a lil bit if pad was moving), 'friction'.
But it is more difficult to make in today, since it requires learning third party stuff like gl.
Or making it console. I just don't remember how do I control unix console.

But I've to say, that I'm still not working, still learning.

Most retarded thing I've ever read

I think you're just telling yourself to make you feel less shitty about your own anxiety and lack of accomplishments.

Sure, the people who live shitty NEET lives post more on Jow Forums, but there are plenty of us ex-NEETs who still come back for reasons we will never understand.

Go fucking sucks dude. SJW C. C for pajeets

Sure faggot, a bouncing circle was one of the demos.

inb4 you didn't program shit and copied like 10 lines from a book.

I fuck real chicks you fucking trap loving anime faggot.

I can second this notion.
Jow Forums used to shit all over certifications back in the day (still does but worse then), and say that they were actually looked at lower than having no training or education.
I got tricked into not taking my A+ when it was a lifetime certification, which was going to be my first step to getting Network+/CCNA/CCSP and all that shit. Told me "field work is #1 and education is #2" and that certification would get you laughed out the door.
Having finally gotten a bit of experience and talking with industry professionals they all look at Certs as higher than education.
I met with a guy who was fully retired in his mid 50's that had dropped out of Computer Science and gotten his Cisco certs that detailed how useless school is by comparison.

i wish i was smart enough for A+

I hate programming, if I cant copy and paste something from SO or elsewhere I die a little inside

There were cool example thing called qbasic gorillas. I still don't quite understand how it works.
>inb4 you didn't program shit and copied like 10 lines from a book.
I've copied only the snake game. But I've made pong after looking on balls demo or how it was called.
And as I remember I was probing all point around circle (cos i *r +x, sin i * r +y stuff probably), and then I did some magic (because I didn't really understood what do sin and cos do.).

I can write a pong game on a TI calculator. Computers people use now have a lot of bullshit that makes it difficult for people to learn.

>I didn't read
I see.

Apply yourself you dumb cunt. A+ is easy shit.

I got an A+ but I hate the idea of ever having a job so I'm like a NEET. Also, I'm officially disabled.

I dont know how gettin certs works

why is go bad? is it unemployable?

Sometimes I want to care, to be interested, motivated, etc. At least that's something. Probably won't redeem me tho

Attached: 367f75d367c0b264bc08e189fcd14e07_XL.jpg (900x1280, 439K)

Here's a link to start, although I doubt you'll have the motivation to even try...
certification.comptia.org/certifications/4-steps-to-certification

What are you trying to say? Just because I'm stupid or something?

>The DevOps Meme

Been doing this for 2 years now. It's amazing how these sysadmins with 10+ years experience are on my team and I learned their job in about 6 months. Now I run circles around them because scripting is fucking easy when you were a software dev for over 5 years previous to the DevOps meme. Takes them 2 or 3 days to write something while it takes me 1 hour tops. Manager wanted to force IT down my throat, so I drunk studied for the CCNA and Security+ exams and passed them with about a weeks notice... I see IT types on this board fretting over these easy certs.

good for you but i will never be able to pass those exams

brainlet

this is dumb

Attached: 1597274213286.gif (300x225, 1.47M)

I'm a repair technician, you cuck. I wouldn't be caught dead around you, fucking skiddy.

>The only two career fields I can see myself in at the moment are data science and writing/publishing, but the amount of time I'll spend in school before I ever get around to the meat and potatoes of a major is really off-putting.
Talk to an academic advisor, I'm pretty sure you could find some shortcuts. If all else fails, apply to a university and claim autism, they might take pity and help.

I would recommend Unity for game development. It allows for multi-platform deployment so you don't need to learn a tone of different languages and port everything constantly.

Unity (unless I am mistaken) is mostly C# or Javascript. No?

C#, java script is on the way out(thank god)

Yeah, I'm a sysadmin and clean up after the worthless things some call their "apps", why anyone would want work in the shitshow called the software industry is beyond me, though the treehuggers with a keyboard would probably suck any number of cocks if they pay enough to buy a caramel machiato.

I program, study, rice and shitpost just fine. Day is long enough for all of these.
If you think you can only get good by not doing fun things you are fucking retarded.

How? Who do you set up an appointment?

Am I the only one who's bothered by "IT" being referred to sysadmins and technicians. Every time I say that I work in IT, I have to explain that I'm actually a software developer, not sysadmin.
Their tasks have nothing to do with neither information nor technology. They're janitor and maintenance people.

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

if you have an IQ over 80 - probably not.