Which 18.04 Ubanto distro will you be using?

Which 18.04 Ubanto distro will you be using?

Attached: which-ubuntu-should-i-use-featured-1-800x450.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fossbytes.com/ubuntu-data-collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use vanilla and installed KDE. That way I get the support of official but the nice looking-ness of KDE.

They aren't distros, they are desktop environments. If I was going to use Ubuntu, which I am not, I would use i3 as my window manager.

this unironically, kubunutu is ugly

>They aren't distros, they are desktop environments.

They're a bit more than that.

In what way?

Mint

Attached: 1450659832892s.jpg (250x221, 10K)

KDE Neon

Stallman only approves of totally freedom respecting distros, not Mint.

lubuntu

None since Ubuntu is back into the botnet business: fossbytes.com/ubuntu-data-collection
> Ubuntu shat on and painted green

Different selection of preinstalled software and default settings regarding stuff like power consumption and display server. Pretty much they're tailored to the typical usecase and philosophy of their DE.
To be fair, "flavors" is a more appropriate way to refer to them.

I used to but I switched to Manjaro for the same ease of use and the AUR. I miss how Ubuntu just werked™ more though

Neon if it will even upgrade to 18.04 base any time soon.

FFS there is a difference between statistics and being spied on. Are you so afraid of anybody finding out you run some ancient shitter laptop, you tinfoil headed autist?

>Different selection of preinstalled software
So releases like Debian-XFCE are distros now?
>default settings regarding stuff like power consumption and display
Like any DE on any other distro.

I enjoyed majaro and I also enjoyed arch (but when it broke I couldn't fix it) but ubuntu has deb files which I love.

they are
>A Linux distribution (often abbreviated as distro) is an operating system made from a software collection, which is based upon the Linux kernel and, often, a package management system.

i really dont get the arch linux thing. yes its cli installed and you can customize but if you dont read their shit your system can and will break. why use something you have to fiddle with all the fucking time? you wind up doing nothing productive.

Arch

Debian; because while I may be retarded, my parents didn't drop me headfirst as a child.

Attached: 1388514267508.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

Use a man's distro. OpenSUSE.

Time is always your enemy and most people don't like to be productive so they sabotage themselves to give them stuff to do

I would consider it but I really like how arch doesn't split binaries so if I need something I can just download all the bloat and then not go looking around afterwards

All those distros
All those flavours
And yet none are for actual desktop use and all are for laptop faggots and muh minimalism

> So releases like Debian-XFCE are distros now?
I'm not arguing for that, I actually said I consider "flavor" more like it than distro.
> Like any DE on any other distro.
Not exactly. In fact I can tell you that installing multitple DEs manually in Ubuntu results on them shitting on each other and trying to step into each other unless you know how to get it right.

>Plebuntu 18.04
Into the trash it goes!

Attached: 1a5.jpg (680x680, 42K)

if you used arch you'd have mentioned it.

for me it was a time sync but it was super light and I had a shitty laptop at the time. Really good at getting what you want if you know what you want, which I didn't really, so I ended up bloating it.

Now I got lots of ram so I don't mind bloat.

OpenSUSE, fuck your broken by design APT

as soon as I figure out how to hide this dock I'll be good to go.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-25 19-49-35.png (1920x1080, 341K)

Debian is better.

I remember there being settings but dock to dash can autohide it.

Look into gnome tweak tool.

why not kde neon then?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-25 19-56-57.png (1368x771, 447K)

I'm thinking about going from Manjaro to Kubuntu or Neon.
But rolling is too good goys, don't know what to do.

And maybe I should wait for 18.04.1. The first release is always a fucking mess.

Attached: GNUdalf.jpg (358x326, 25K)

stop fiddling and ricing. neon basically rolling kde and stable everything else. you can upgrade anything at anytime.

>Before you read anything further, it’s important to note that users will have the option to opt-out of this data collection. The company plans to add a checkbox to the installer

wow it's fucking nothing

>stop fiddling and ricing
What does that even have to do with ricing?
I even unriced my Manjaro Plasma to the default Breeze theme.

Rolling is good because I like having the latest version of some software, and I'm not sure on the idea of adding a lot of PPA's.

Also, why not Kubuntu + the KDE PPA's, or even Kubuntu minimal + KDE PPA instead of Neon?

there is an opt-out already.

elementary OS. It's looking promising.

So Debian-XFCE is a distro?

None, because Ubuntu is horrible. Install Devuan.

Attached: 1516470254435.jpg (900x1200, 83K)

a fundamental differing of opinion
try systemd you might like it.

what is kde neon?

It should be opt-in. Jesus Christ this isn't a police state yet. Either way if running systemd you don't have privacy

true, we love windows

xubuntu

Devuan is unmaintained garbage. Just net install debian and gut shitsysd right away.

I have and it actively gets in my way more than it helps, and even if it didn't the developer is still a toxic cunt and I refuse to support any of his retarded, monolithic grey-goo projects.

>the developer
>one guy
ok well good luck with depreciated inits

>depreciated

Pop!_OS

literally the only DE that doesn't shit the bed no matter what you do to it: Xfce

Ubuntu LTS base + bleeding edge KDE Plasma

It's made by the KDE team itself so it's the most bleeding of edges. New release is going to drop soon with 18.04 finally coming out.

I'm of the idea that depends in various factors, one is the computer in which you will install linux, for one it's true that linux works in relatively old hardware but don't expect nothing unrealistic, just something that works.
If your machine isn't a piece of shit basically you can install whatever you want, being specially important what desktop environment you'll use with kubuntu being the best looking one, but if you don't care xfce4 works and do all the things you need.
The display manager it's optional and if you feel like it the whole DE it's optional and just use a windows manager.
Apt works good and all that, but as far i remember had this ugly tendency to install a lot bloat with the dependency management and that was a bit tedious .

>flavors
gay

They use the same repos and packages. Where's the difference?

I'm not gay, so I'm dual booting Arch and Gentoo.

Attached: 1524559990918.png (332x310, 142K)

Manjaro, 10/10 experience so far. On Ubuntu I had to fuck with NVidia drivers/bumblebee for hours to get optimus to work, on Manjaro it works on first boot. Plus I get to use the superior pacman over apt.