4k is just a mem-

>4k is just a mem-

Attached: diff.jpg (4000x1500, 3.83M)

It is a meme in sub 32" monitors. You're just one of imbeciles that buy phones with 1440p screens

>t. eyelet

cant wait to buy the first real 4k phone desu

It is a meme for normie usecases, I.e. phones, laptops, all-in-ones. If you don't benefit from the resolution, you really are just making a greater graphics requirement for yourself for no reason.

Attached: 45960EC1-B2F8-4C42-873B-917834DB16B4.png (511x384, 63K)

It's y'all faggots' fault that new software has to be written to handle multiple resolutions.

Attached: hate-you-1.png (370x370, 200K)

>normie usecases
you mean browsing reddit on your phone? yeah.

I have 32' monitors, 1 is 1080, the other is 4k.

the 1080 is very notably worse.

Windows 10 and macos are the only os's that support proper scaling. In Linux it's still garbage but I refuse to switch to Windows just for that.

only eyelets say it s a meme .

>REAL software should run in 640x480 fullscreen!!!
are you terry davis?

1440 solves this problem

4k just introduces more problems by making everything too small, unless your screen is so big your neck snaps to check the time

That's exactly what I meant you numbhead. Most people will just do web browsing on sub-24" monitors and you have large enough displays to actually benefit from it. For them it is a waste, but for you it's an improvement.

take a screenshot next time dumb dumb

But this argument is pointless. for the normie usecase is always far inferior to anything anyone on Jow Forums cares about.
might as well say anything over 4gb of ram is pointless because normies don't need it for candycrush.

How the fuck would that convey how the screens look IRL?

4k screens need too much power for all those pixels, this why every smartphones are 4K because are small, meanwhile laptops and muh "gaming screens" stuck in 1080

But my argument is that you should only spend on what you'll need and if you need better then buying better is entirely justified. The way companies push shit like 4k phones and laptops is what is a meme because it'll likely run like shit to meet a price point.

Attached: 0.png (403x448, 53K)

nice wasted pixels you got there, faggot

figure it out

(you)

It's good for programming. All the fonts are so fucking clear.

I just went from a 19 inch 768p monitor to a 27 inch 4k. Thank you Dell I cum in pants.

why not just have a pixelated font instead of that blurry bullshit in the first place? that way there is less stress on the pc from the outrageous resolution size and you don't see a blurry mush

I never said that, but real software shouldn't have to account for anything but 90-150 DPI.

do you use scaling?

The OS should by able to handle it like on OS X

4K looks great at 27", much better than 1440p.

Yes. When I first connected the monitor to my rig, Windows set up the thing to 150%. I was thinking on setting up something else but that setting was perfect, as you still have a lot of screen estate.

Attached: nino thinkpad.jpg (640x608, 123K)

I found Windows scaling to be almost unbearable.
I usually run Unity on my 14" 1080p at 1.125x scaling and it looks great, but Windows at 1.25x scaling has way too many problems. I've also tried 4K 27" Windows at 150%, and was better, but many applications still looked like ass.

how much blurry programs did you came by?

Windows is really only good at scaling @ 2x multiples anything that doesn't scale just has 1 application pixel to 4 real pixels

Normie use cases the best use cases for 4K.

Real software shouldn't account for pixels at all, 80x25 was, is and will always be perfect.

I might not be that much of a heavy program user, but pretty much everything that I use just happens to look right and much sharper than ever before.
I saw a couple of installers look blurry, aside from that everything I use it's ok.

Attached: blender at 150 scaling.png (3840x2160, 1.51M)

If you're using creative suites, yeah, they generally look great because the developers care what their UI looks like.
As a user of stupid system utilities, many of them don't care about the UI scaling, so they look like ass on anything but 100%

People have been complaining about shitty DPI handling in Windows and Linux for close to two decades now. It's about time something changed.