Is this where i should post when my 1 day old custom built PC is powering off randomly?

Is this where i should post when my 1 day old custom built PC is powering off randomly?

Attached: Neko PC.jpg (620x916, 67K)

>>>/sqt/
also it's not random

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

Did you use standoffs between the case and motherboard?
Did you get a PSU sufficient to power your computer?
Have you checked the temps to see if anything is melting?

check temps, reapply thermal paste and reseat cooler

Maybe its nerve gas.
The cross linking is not working?
>>>/sqt/
>>/sqt/

test

I've been building PCs since the late 90s. The only time I ever had trouble was putting together my i7-4790k rig. It would lock up at random times. Had no idea what was causing it. Removed and reseated the RAM. Checked all connections for power and data. Still it would randomly lock up. Then discovered it wasn't that random. When the computer would get a bump, it would lock up.

Asked on a forum and some guy was like "have you tightened the heatsink too tight?" and I was like pffft there's no way that's it. But I went ahead and loosened the heatsink ever so slightly and sure e-fucking-nough no more lock ups. I could whack and rock the machine and it wouldn't lock up. Possibly the dumbest quirk I've ever had when putting a machine together.

I kinda figured that

>Did you use standoffs between the case and motherboard?
Yeah, it's alright

>Did you get a PSU sufficient to power your computer?
It's a Corsair TX550 for a i7 7770 without a GPU, so i think it should be fine

>Have you checked the temps to see if anything is melting?
Also yes. CPU is at 50 to 55 celsius, while PSU is even a bit cold to the touch

I did exactly that just a dozen minutes ago, it still hasn't powered off, but since it was intermittent from start, i don't know if it's ok

Posting this here was a random thought, i'm sorry.
Should i finish the thread and post it on /sqt/ or just let it be?

I tested if it was some kind of shaking on my table, for i once had that problem with a power cable that was poorly connected.
But it was to no avail, since it powered off randomly when i wasn't even here.

>i7 7700

Attached: 1502168187420.png (329x374, 299K)

odan bya thas JEW stuwf

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 41K)

>odan bya thas JEW stuwf
>costs more for less performance on both Intel and and platforms

Attached: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (316x316, 9K)

are you guys newfag or something?

Post on /sqt/.
--You bought an underpowered PSU baka.

>are you guys newfag or something?
This is nu-chan chap. Everyones a newfag now.
If so it shouldn't crash when he's not even using it and its on idle
Anyways OP better find a solution quick cause if it is PSU these crashes can, will and are damaging your components

Is the entire rig new? I had a PSU go bad on me due to high levels of ambient cat hair, but it lasted months before it started randomly resetting.

All* the parts are new, bought it this monday and had the shop guys set it up so it'd look clean organized, unlike when i set it up myself.

The only parts that aren't new are my 1yo SSD and an old HDD, that I installed myself, but i don't think the problem is there.

The PSU probably isn't underpowered, as I have explained before on I better explain the whole story.

It was fine for around 16 hours of use, then it suddenly powered off a few hours ago, which made me go "Oh no".
The monitor, keyboard and mouse were still powered when it shut down, also the room's lamp didn't flicker.
It powered on again by itself after 1 second, then powered off a few seconds after the desktop appeared... then powered off again.

When it was booting, I went to the BIOS setup to see if it would shut down there too, let it there for around 30 minutes, but it was still OK.
Powered it on again, warily used it for some 10 minutes, then went to the bathroom and when I got back, it had restarted.

Given this, I was quite pissed off, checked the cables, the RAM, the coolers, the temperatures again... then searched for some time on Google but didn't find anything useful. Randomly remembered Jow Forums, then thought something like "should I really post this shit here?". When i came to myself, i had done the deed. (Sorry again)

It powered off just once since i created the thread, again, wasn't here and the only thing running was the browser.

The only reason i haven't despaired yet is that i can still go to the shop check it, but then i'll be PCless for some days, which is actually good to my health, but i would want to die.

Attached: click it.png (468x345, 205K)

Well, your experience has given you a lot of clues. Sounds like it isn't the PSU, so it's probably the OS itself or the SSD. You could try updating SSD drivers during the small time it runs okay or cloning your os over to a spare drive and see if it stops rebooting.

This is the dumbest post in the thread.

Thanks, faggot. What would you conclude about a system that is stable at bios but otherwise reboots randomly without flickering power to the peripherals?

>hurr durr just install ur latest drivers user
>its prob the psu but u should download the latest drivers!!

Dumbass.

Ignore this poster, OP. He's a dummy.

I actually didn't suspect it to be software fault, since it wasn't shutting down, but powering off instantly without BSOD or shutting down screen.

But since you suggested it, i'll try installing a Windows 10 (just to be clear, i'm using 8.1) on an HDD tomorrow.
Although, I'm worried, since the whole day it showed no problem, then suddenly went apeshit on me, so it will probably take some time to see if it's really solved.

Attached: thinking_YuruYuri.jpg (451x619, 28K)

boot a live usb with linux on it and fuck around with it and see if it is still having problems

will let you know if it's a software issue or not.

What the fuck are you trying to do

Faulty PSU maybe?

Oh.

I specifically said it probably is NOT the PSU you illiterate downy. Ignore this retard of a namefag, he doesn't know how to fucking read.

Not all OS crashes will be caught by the error handling mechanisms. Regardless, my money would be on the SSD if you can rule out the PSU. Still, even if the peripherals don't blink off for a second, fluctuations in the power provided by the PSU can cause a reboot. Not likely to happen on a brand new PSU, but sometimes you get a lemon. Anyway, I wouldn't bother installing a new OS just to test what's wrong; just run a live usb distro for a few hours. No crash? It's either the SSD or the os on the SSD. Still crash? Strong suggestion of a defective PSU.

Will do that

Well, to be honest, i really want it to just be a faulty PSU, but in a way that i can actually determine, so i can substitute it with the warranty.

MIND NOT, MY FRIEND, FOR I RESPECT YOUR OPINION
Even with a mindset similar to them, i still understand your arguments and will take them into consideration.
As i've said, i will try a Linux Live USB to test it, since it really is the easier way.

I don't know about the nerve gas thing, but he was trying to link the Small Questions thread somehow, and he kinda did it in the end.

Anyways, I will see what I can do tomorrow, for it's 4am here right now.
Thanks for helping me on this sorta useless thread

Attached: 32.jpg (272x249, 24K)

I understood what he was trying to achieve but how new do you have to be to treat generals names as if they were directories?

You’re supposed to call geek squad.