WHICH IS BETTER

WHICH IS BETTER

Attached: virtualbox-vs-vmware-best-virtualization-software.jpg?x72134.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keenlab.tencent.com/en/2018/04/23/A-bunch-of-Red-Pills-VMware-Escapes/
vmware.com/techpapers/2010/optimization-guide-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-vir-10157.html
gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/bd2e02d0-efe7-4f89-84e5-7ad70f9a7bf0
ervik.as/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/XD - Windows 7 Optimization Guide.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Used both
Forced to use both
I kinda like Virtualbox better, but maybe that was because I didn't have to pay for it.

virtualbox used to be easier to script but I'm sure workstation probably has some kind of feature for that now

Didn't we just have this thread?
At least have the decency to wait a couple of days.

you were told in every other thread you've made that qemu is best, now go the fuck outside

VMware's graphics performance is better so VMware. I hate choppy vms

Well, I have VMware certs so I'm going to say everyone should use VMware.

QEMU is nasty stinky poopoo. Splashy squirty diarrhea. Smelly rotting feces. Liquidy sludgy excrement.

Probably VMWare since more stuff works out of the box.

I need a good virtual lab for hacking, which laptop is the best choice?

Public computer that is on a private network so it can't be traced to you. Never hack on your own system, always use someone elses. Go into a computer cafe and hack away, then leave.

Right, but a need a virtual lab for practice

QEMU for minimalism, Virtualbox for commandline noobs and VMware for proprietary tards that think because it costs money it's better.
Personally QEMU with kvm works fine for me but still use Virtualbox sometimes because of the easy configuration with the GUI.

neither, use ESXi or KVM and run your main OS in a VM booted from fresh snapshots every boot.

keenlab.tencent.com/en/2018/04/23/A-bunch-of-Red-Pills-VMware-Escapes/

VMWare as it's easier to setup. Plus it's not hard to obtain Workstation Pro. ESXI would be nice but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet.

Attached: Screenshot_20180426_044048.png (1920x1080, 74K)

VMWARE is a company.
VMWARE play is worst than VirtualBox, but VMWARE workstation is better (i still prefer the Oracle's virtual box because it's for free and solve all my needs)

>ESXI would be nice but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet.
Dude ESXI is a barebone system. It's a complete OS and serves only as a virtualization server.

I know, I just haven't gotten around to deciding if I want it or not. It would be nice as it makes load on the host minimal. However I like using Ubuntu server as a host so I can have other services as well. Although that could be argued I could put those services in an instance as well. Virtualizing does make shit much more flexible.

I can't see why you need a dedicated virtualization server running in your house.
I mean, i use VirtualBox because some times i really need to use some small windows software, but if i was going to keep a computer on full time just for it, i rather just install a windows computer and turn it on as i need.

Also, if you need it to develop, i strongly suggest you simple start to use docker. It will change your life.

Who cares since CPUs support VT today its almost the same shit

Since the thread is about virtualization, and I assume that most of you uses it to run some windows box. I want to suggest you this VMWARE guide to build a fast VDI (virtual desktop environment). This reduce the memory usage of the system running in a vm by disabling useless services for windows.
vmware.com/techpapers/2010/optimization-guide-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-vir-10157.html
I used to run vm with 2GB, now i barely need 512Mb to run a small program. It's less than the browser consume.

vmware miles ahead
although vsphere superior to everything.

Well, i lost the real VMWARE guide that explain what disable and why disable. My old link is complete garbage and only teach you how to run some VMWARE shady "performace tool".
gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/bd2e02d0-efe7-4f89-84e5-7ad70f9a7bf0
This one is a powershell script that Microsoft team recommend to run windows VM's.

Ignore this link too. I just read the script, and the only thing that shit does is turn on the RDP service.
Fuck power shell, 200 lines for a thing that you can accomplish in 3 clicks. And they wonder why no one is learning powershell.

ervik.as/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/XD - Windows 7 Optimization Guide.pdf
Finally found a decent guide.

>a gpl software
>a propietary botnet
Such difficult decision

Attached: disg.png (473x488, 188K)