TL;DR: Plagiarizing bitches win 4 grand simply for being female coders. Feminism wins, once again

TL;DR: Plagiarizing bitches win 4 grand simply for being female coders. Feminism wins, once again.

archive.today/2018.04.25-183550/https://www.hockaday.org/page/news-detail?pk=1004610&fromId=234353

My team and I went to a hackathon two days ago called "EarthxHack". We, along with every other honest team, spent the last 24 hours without sleep programming our application in the hope of winning or at least placing in the top 3 at the hackathon. It turned out that the team who won was an all girls team. Their idea, frankly, was very lacking compared to any other idea.

On top of this, they did not program anything whatsoever. Rather, they made a bare-bones powerpoint presentation that presented their "idea". Their "code" that they were talking about in the submission was merely another individual's project that was copied off of GitHub. They didn't take any effort to make this copy of the code believable. They didn't change up the code at all, and they didn't even try to change the name of the author. They straight up just forked the GitHub repository and called it their own. They blatantly disregarded the rules of the hackathon, yet the judges gave no effort to verify that the rules were followed and just gave the all-girls team 1st place along with $4,000 because, surprise, they were girls... "females in STEM" I guess.

Submission: archive.today/2018.04.24-091255/https://devpost.com/software/roammate-u2bjq0

"Their code" (Notice how the last edit on even the latest file was from 9 days ago, which an entire week before this hackathon was held.): archive.fo/XvNwC

Rules of the Hackathon (Notice rule 3, "You must create everything at the event". The girls didn't even create anything in the first place.): archive.fo/O6vjK

The discussion forum that was talking about this was deleted by admins: archive.fo/btfV6

The person who started the discussion forum for this at Devpost was blocked from the hackathon by the admins.

Attached: large_news1004610_952925.jpg (835x365, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/qr2Ev
archive.li/lNJQV
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3HdOTQ8YHI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer
roammateapp.com/
twitter.com/roammate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Talk to a lawyer. Under US law any competition which offers a prize must obey the rules established and conform to US law. Talk to a lawyer, for real. You;d be surprised

>attending hackathons
>working for free
You deserve it

Attached: 2018-04-26-102629_659x340_scrot.png (659x340, 179K)

fraud, deceptive practice, racketeering, game fixing/rigging, theft of intellectual property (TIP), accessory to TIP, possibly wire fraud etc

a host of potential crimes involved here

There are actual hackathlons and then there are those shitty ones only called "hackathlons". I had the displeasure of visiting one such hackathlon

>friend tells me there's a hackathlon being held at univ

>bored, nothing to do

>take part hackathlon at univ

>all participants get handed a sheet of paper

>it has all sorts of questions

>"write an algorithm to check if a string is a palindrome or not"

>"Print all permutation of String both iterative and Recursive way?"

>"Write an algorithm to make a triangle with the character '*'"

>they were giving out "points" to attendees who were solving the problems the fastest, the guy with most points won in the end

I mean, Hackathlons usually mean you're supposed to go there and make something useful, something that serves a purpose, if i wanted to solve algorithmic problems, i'd rather sit at my apartment

underrated

> hackathlons
> redfit spacing

I copy pasted from my text editor
I have no idea why it turned out like that

>t. never been to a hackathon
This shit literally happens at every hackathon, teams with actual project implementations get passed over for some group of business majors who spent their time making a slide deck and a few UI mockups.
Even some of the better hackathons on the MLH circuit are susceptible to this bullshit.

Of course, now that a couple of literally who thots managed to win a hackathon with this strategy, Jow Forums will now proceed to have a collective aneurysm, with this thread garnering 200+ replies.

who cares it's a retarded meme from pol anyway. Type however you want as long as it's legible, or not.

KEK

It's a necessary evil to in the short term be unfair to a few men for the long term goal of getting more women into tech. How many women will now get into tech because of this story? Yet, if men had won it would have just been a complete non story and done nothing good for the world. Sorry, but it has to be done.

>These shenanigans happen at every "hackathon" so it's ok

Attached: harry.png (256x314, 137K)

>cripplecuck copy-paste
kys
archive.fo/qr2Ev
archive.li/lNJQV

>MIT niggers didn't place 1st
All good

>Being an all-girls team at an all-girls school, the importance of safety is immeasurable.

So they need protection from other girls at their all girl school?

lowering standards to allow for people who don't put in any effort will only lead to lowered standards and more people who don't put in any effort
i'm not even saying women can't put in the effort, but doing this helps nobody

in a boys school, you only need to worry about getting beaten up physically, girls are far more vicious, and will fuck you up mentally until you kill yourself

kek
Pretty funny this.

It's a necessary evil to in the short term be unfair to a few jews for the long term goal of getting more aryans into germany. How many aryans will now get into germany because of this story? Yet, if jews had won it would have just been a complete non story and done nothing good for the world. Sorry, but it has to be done.

This is bullshit.

Attached: 1520434861523.jpg (500x433, 64K)

>24 hour event
>code has commits spanning almost a year
seems legit

anyone have that "i made this" picture?

the guy who wrote the original code has a whole web series detailing the program
gee, i wonder where they got the ideas for their slides from...
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3HdOTQ8YHI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer

This is why I don't attend this kind of garbage event.

the absolute state of the west

>How we built it
>We modified an Uber clone to work for our purposes.
Haha what, how is this even allowed?
I'm guessing they got it simply because of the idea, nothing else

They won do to gender.
Women in tech also get preferential hiring and higher pay because #DiversityQuotas

>I'm guessing they got it simply because of the idea, nothing else
They even stole the idea.
roammateapp.com/
twitter.com/roammate
>Joined March 2015

hackathons are a disgusting culture

you are literally damaging yourself due to the lack of sleep and being fed pizza and soda

the projects often don't turn into anything useful

developing a project in such time constraint is not representative of the real world. it however does represent bad management.

gotta get that corporate slave job somehow!

Jesus Christ this is a fucking disgrace desu.

Not only the idea, but also the name.

They are supposed to teach you time management skills and how to create a prototype of a minimum viable product.
The real world is all about time constraints. Everyone is a million dollar idea man until you actually get to implementation and engineering.

Fuck off back too Jow Forums, Jow Forums has always been a far left website. You alt-right nazi conspiratards are the reason posting has been broken for the past couple days.

Well what the fuck do you think Feminism exists for, except to grab money, steal money, cheat money, swindle money, and beg for money?
Every fucking feminist argument somehow revolves around redistributing existing money rather than creating new wealth.
Creating new wealth requires investment and creativity and work, while redistributing existing wealth requires manipulation, political activism, and appeals to emotion, akin to a Church.
It's an organization so used to making money that the values it deceptively stands for musn't be allowed to come to fruition otherwise the organization becomes obsolete and the money flow stops.
If any terms do come to fruition, it must act blind to it and act like they actually haven't, invent new ways to argue that "nothing actually happened and we still need money and power".
It's an organization, an organization means power, and power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Feminism is the most successful form of Capitalism, capitalizing on human weakness, moral dilemma, passion, politics, psychology, simple-mindedness, tribal psychology and tribal warfare, to make money.
The money they make from simply the brands and the buzzword symbolism they "stand for" has become too fucking irresistible. Money made from no work except appearing at fixed places with signs, being angry, making blog posts, and opening the mouth.

You are just a misogynist. Ask me how I know you are an American White Male. You are just benefiting from white privilege and the patriarchy while we are held under the glass ceiling.

I am Eastern European and i singlehandedly sabotaged your elections. Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?

So without monetary reward they can rig wo consequences

The west is china tier now
toplel

>Ask me how I know you are an American White Male.
Because it benefits your argument?

Remember when the Church used to hold society hostage from a PR and moral standpoint not so long ago in history, and got mad money and power from it?
Feminism is copying this. You don't have consequences when you present yourself as infallible, and the more money you have the more infallible you also get by using it to support this vicious cycle.
It makes it all the more easier to invade the west and sweep it, when its own women are corroding it from within.

No, China has order and is growing more powerful.
The West is now in disorder and growing weaker, showing more and more weakness from within.
Two very different entities with the only commonality being that the power in China is being held by those who wish order with liberty as sacrifice, while those being given power in the west only seek to fracture and destabilize it with tribalism and welfare whoring. The one more unified wins, the one more divided loses.

Sounds like you were conned into doing some jabroni's uni assignments.

This.
If you aren't given a vague topic and allowed to make any project you want you are just doing someones homework.

Unless you're a 501(c) or a church then raffles and competitions are actually very strictly regulated.

>going to “””hackatons”””
it’s all a corporate show at this point, just grab some guys that know what their doing and work on something on your own time.

>no mention of how outrageous the story in op is
>commiecunt
really activates the mustard

I'm actually a Chinese American living in Latvia

>China has order
lol

You can lol all you want, the Hong Kong students can't do shit except waggle their mosquito penises and then ultimately end up becoming part of the establishment after growing out of their hormonal imbalance, and they are the only dissenting group that has any airtime or power in China, which amounts to nothing but a crusty turd around the asshole that falls off inevitably.
As far as Taiwan goes, Global Warming will drown it.

Its a mess over there but at least there aren't constant threats of upheval. There's no direction to any parts of the mess except to take and amass more resources.

At least it doesn't look like there are any meaninful political movements, but lets be honest, you'd have to live there to be sure, because their state run media says whatever they want.

The end result is that its stupid to bet on china falling apart, even if it actually isn't doing so good.

Sup possibly chinese state run media.

bait

>No, China has order and is growing more powerful.
The latter part isn't terribly surprising given that the Chinese are still only 1/5 as productive on average as some Germans and like 1/7 as some Swedish people.

And the earlier part is apparently pretty damn unimportant or detrimental. How long has China been "ordered" [in the state-imposed order sense] now? Eighty years?

>Sup possibly chinese state run media.
Not even that.
Just very aware of Chinese history and culture.
Democracy was tried a few times, ended in millions of dead and chaos.
Stack upon that a few periods known as the dark periods where millions of Chinese perished, and the Chinese have developed a unique self-awareness out of all of this:
Bigger numbers = loss of control.
Loss of control = millions dead in chaos.
The Chinese people as a collective, bar a few minority faggot dissenters that will always exist in every society, believe in order and control above all else.
Religion but without the religion.
They fear, as a culture, the idea of the collective fracturing and the chaos that would ensue because they know their history too well and how that went every time.
So they vie for control and order regardless of sacrifices, because sacrificing freedom is better than sacrificing hundreds of millions of lives, numbers that would come as a result.
A single rebellion and a hundred million easily perish, while other hundreds of millions become uncertain factors. These numbers alone strike fear in them, therefore CONTROL.

> Democracy was tried a few times, ended in millions of dead and chaos.
Oh really, when did that ever happen? The attempts in 1907-09 sure didn't kill millions and every attempt with "millions dead" was that undemocratic "state order" doing its thing, wasn't it?

kinda related, but let's say I wanted to start a business, by taking some random (BSD/MIT licensed) code from github and using that as the base of your business
- would it be too shaming for you? if so, why?
- would I have legal problems with that?
while I know how to program, I suck at starting shit, it takes me a LOT of time, because I lack real life experience. OTOH, I'm good at other kinds of stuff (systems administration and security), so using (and modifying) someone else's code helps me build stuff faster. which I why I would do this.

>Oh really, when did that ever happen?
Whenever China fractured under the people Democratically segmenting themselves and trying to run a country as a mix of unmanageable numbers complete with colliding ideas and constant refurbishing. A loss of time, patience, control, inability to do anything in time ends up with millions killed because lack of responsiveness when dealing with hundreds of millions is different from lack of responsiveness when dealing with millions or thousands.
Managing 1000 people is different from managing 100 000 which is different from managing 1 000 000 which is different from managing 100 000 000 which is leagues different from managing 1 billion and more.
Democracy beyond a certain population number becomes the very cancer corroding a system and making it unmanageable.
Democracy only works with small populations, which is only why the smallest countries are successful with it. Even USA doesn't completely utilize Democracy.

> - would it be too shaming for you? if so, why?
Still matters how you conduct your business and what you give back. Nobody says you can only have a business when you give nothing back.
>- would I have legal problems with that?
BSD/MIT says no

You can't do anything legally unless you could have won the money, or, in some cases, you would have standing if you happen to be an administrator of the event.

This a real article?

>Nobody says you can only have a business when you give nothing back.
oh, I mean, I wouldn't have problems contributing back, unless I had some secret sauce or some shit, but I doubt I would, my business ideas are simple stuff, run some local webservice in a wifi AP, that's all

> Can't point out when it happened, never actually happened
That's exactly your problem here, and appeals to random numbers won't change it.

> Democracy beyond a certain population number becomes the very cancer corroding a system and making it unmanageable.
And this is why half of the world can't live and usually do well / better than China under democracies... oh wait.

> Even USA doesn't completely utilize Democracy.
Of course not. Nor does Europe. There area always people pushing towards "my power" and "my order" and "obey me" rather than the democratic idea of each person having one vote share.

Doesn't make abandoning the concept for "it's already a mixed bag, let's just completely go with that guy's 'obey me'" a better option.

Attached: world-pop-by-political-regime.png (3400x2400, 445K)

It's true that feminism in its current form can't exist without capitalism, but to say that every single feminist argument revolves around redistributing wealth seems misleading.

Often it is abut redistributing power, or handicapping "undesirable" demographics. Sure, you can say that the end goal is profit, but I think it's disingenuous.

For example, claiming that feminism is pushing the "only females are victims of X" narrative because they want to take money from men/whites is misleading. Yes, that is what happens in the end (the few male domestic violence shelters are shut down, breast cancer gets priority over more common cancers, etc), the immediate goal is more power.

Feminism is about power, and it just so happens that under capitalism power is often expressed in $$$.

A feminism analogue under another system or for another demographic would look very different, except that grabbing power would still be the goal.

Are you stupid

yes

>population in democracy 4 billion out of 7 billion
>Africa has by majority no Democracy (1.216 billion)
>Asia has by majority no Democracy (4.2 billion)
>South America is heavily Fundamentalist and also run by Dictatorships
Nice going there bub.

China had Democracy every time it segmented. When you segment and people are left without a system and leading role, they need to form a new one, it's a Democracy of opposing sides, which devolves into conflict of ideas, which devolves into ruin as every Democracy ends up. Democracy is a system capitalizing on fractured ideas co-existing within one building and trying to maintain a country, except when the amount of parties and ideas rises beyond a certain point where you need a week to go through everyone's opinions, you've wasted a week just indulging different parties while millions died waiting for a solution and response.
That's why reactionism has become the focus of this century now.

>half of the world
Not your world apparently. Democracies are a minority in both landmass and population on this planet Earth, that includes your meme Democracies such as North Korea or "Democratic Republic" of Kongo.

Cry about it. Democracy fumbles because it is a system of wasting time and wasting energy on pleasantries and over-extended speeches that go nowhere. It's a pretty name for Anarchy.

It's just a joke not real

thank you for your patience

the chinese leaders can't even control their own military. I read some article somewhere that talked about how jinping didn't even know about the military standoff in the china-india borders at the G20...

>shaming
i'd be embarrased to spend a significant amount of time writing code which someone else has already written, tested, and is known to work just fine already
one of the greatest advantages of foss is that you have a large library of code from which to start from, so you only need to worry about what you're doing differently
many foss licenses allow commercial use, but be sure to read the licenses to make sure you're complying with them, they're not public domain/wtfpl, they're still copyrighted (or 'copyleft', a wordplay that indicates that the license is highly permissive rather than the typical restrictive)

I mean, if what you're saying is true, then this is seriously concerning. I'm taking this with a grain of salt because of your "fuck feminism amirite xD" attitude but that's straight-up plagiarism if they actually passed off a forked repo as their own.
Which also makes me wonder who the fuck was running such a hackathon that they couldn't see an issue with forking a repo? Unless the hackathon didn't look at your repos, that should've raised a ton of red flags.
They do say on the hackathon page that they "modified an Uber clone" for the competition, so I don't necessarily think they were trying to pass it off as their work (though they didn't modify shit). However, since the rules say everything must be created at the event, I would definitely say something to the judges.
Just don't be a prick about it complaining about muh feminism and maybe they'll actually take you seriously.

Oi Vei I will be on the case.

> China had Democracy every time it segmented.
Nope, bullshit - and you cannot even indicate when it happened as I asked you to. Plus there is no millions died in every of these.

> Democracies are a minority in both landmass and population on this planet Earth
Nope. It's roughly half and this set also includes basically all wealthy nations [as in, you may not be wealthy automatically when you have democracy, but almost all wealthy nations still are democracies]. Fuck off with your nosense.

Attached: political-regime-updated2016.png (3400x2400, 604K)

they didn't even modify it, their repo has exactly zero commits of any kind under their name

Take care of yourself user okay?

>Democracy is a system capitalizing on fractured ideas co-existing within one building and trying to maintain a country
basically Chinks are subhuman and can't run a democracy?

Lawyer here. You would have a snowball's chance in hell with such a case in most districts. The gurlpowa bias is one of the most potent in the whole justice system. Unless you could find evidence of collusion between organization and winner, I wouldn't bother. Then again if there is some kind of MRA attorney who wants to get publicity, I don't know any, they might take you pro-bono. Good luck.

>Everyone is a million dollar idea man
I'm not

you need to go back

fuck off kike

>Indonesia
>Democracy
>Central America
>Democracies
>Iraq
>Democracy
>Pakistan
>Democracy
>Africa
>Democracies
You have to meme harder than this meme picture.

Nobody can run a Democracy, because it cease to be a Democracy as soon as the majority decides it has had it with non-responsive government. That's why you need a world police for Democracy, except that has failed too.
A system that requires a world police is a failure of a system.

A non-responsive government is one where a politician knows he has a limited tenure and can do whatever the fuck he wants without repercussions because once he's out nobody can afford to care about him and needs to focus on the next guy replacing him, and he spends that tenure holding talks and speeches and debates that go nowhere to protract, all in a cacophony of voices of other representatives doing the same thing. The people can't keep track, and those that do keep track are already too late to respond as the next replacement cycle of politicians ensues.
The bigger the house, the bigger the number of parties, the bigger the population, the bigger the cacophony, the more impossible to direct and regulate in a timely manner.
This is also known as a Democracy. A system of procrastination and dragging time for superficial pleasantries and fixing appearances.
Democracy is literally a buzzword, and the more accurate term is "Controlled Anarchy", whose very nature is to lose control over time.

It's a necessary evil to in the short term be unfair to a few for the long term goal of getting into . How many will now get into because of this story? Yet, if had it would have just been a complete non story and done nothing good for the world. Sorry, but it has to be done.

Prize of 4000 USD. Thinking any good lawyer will want to spend any energy.

Alright, that's your opinion. It's wrong, but it is your opinion.

satire/10

It's not wrong when the very democracy chart only correlates success with monarchies in the top of the list; and low population + high monoethnicity as characteristics.
The less diversity in a democratic system, the more it works.
The more diversity and population (ergo cacophony), the less it works.
The more voices need to be heard, the more time is offloaded for each, the more time is wasted.
1 decision a day becomes 1 decision a week becomes 1 decision a month as population and diversity of opinion rises, and then your nation is going nowhere.
There's a good reason Democracies need a world police, and there's a good reason there's not a single Democracy that lived through history without being twisted or shattering.

Wow, user you have a lot of anger in you

> Indonesia
Yes, 10 parties in parliament and elected president. It's not a flawless democracy and got worse recently [note, image 2015 whereas most of the BS happened in 2017, right?], but it's a democracy still.

> Pakistan, Iraq
We can doubt these and it doesn't change anything on the overall situation.

Also, you can arbitrarily raise the bar for what is a democracy until only Switzerland or something remains, but maximum standards aren't the point of the argument here.

Somewhere between yellow and green it's generally starting to be a democracy, even if not necessarily a flawless one - and more to the point, you're far from China's "muh order" system with a lot of working and often wealthier nations included regardless.

The argument for "muh order" is terribly weak. Also "muh order" is the real reason for millions of deaths from earlier, even if it happened more often when "muh order" went across borders [like with the Japanese or the imperial Brits or ancient China or whoever].

> Africa
Yes, Africa has democracies.

That's called the "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

>roammate helps to find transportation safely by pairing you up with a total stranger who also now knows roughly where you live

This is retarded isn't it? Isn't there an obvious flaw with this concept?

e-REKT

The No True Scotsman is what Democracies depend on the most.
>the majority has decided that they want a leader for his lifetime because he'd good to them and just werks
>REEEEEEEEE NOT DEMOCRACY, OVERTHROW THE MAJORITY
>the majority has decided that a minority must go for the greater wellbeing
>REEEEEEEEE NOT DEMOCRACY, OVERTHROW THE MAJORITY
A No True Scotsman system for losers to call upon a no true scotsman to whine when the majority gave them a middle finger and didn't vote their way.
Fuck this shitpile.

>The more voices need to be heard, the more time is offloaded for each,
the more valuable ideas for governance are generated. The world advances because new voices appear with their own new ideas.

>1 decision a day becomes 1 decision a week becomes 1 decision a month as population and diversity of opinion rises, and then your nation is going nowhere.
Not how democratic republics work. Most democratic republics have a threshold for how popular a political party needs to be before they can get seats in the parliament. Once they get seats in the parliament, of course they want to make sure that their constituents are represented, but that doesn't necessarily mean the democratic process slows down. It means that before passing any major decisions, they must make sure that at least some percentage of representatives agree with the decision. This prevents tyranny and only slows down decisions that some major part of the population disagrees with, which is a good thing.

>There's a good reason Democracies need a world police
No.

>there's a good reason there's not a single Democracy that lived through history without being twisted or shattering
No form of government has lived through history without being twisted or shattering. Every single country in the world has been conquered or collapsed at some point. Democracies have, however, always been the most prosperous and have led to the highest quality of life.

>We can doubt these and it doesn't change anything on the overall situation.
They are democracies though, no matter how unstable they are.

>the majority has decided that they want a leader for his lifetime because he'd good to them and just werks
Liberal democracy isn't just >muh majority
Liberal democracy is about creating a government that works for all people, and not just some groups, which is why most modern democracies have all sorts of laws and thresholds to prevent any group from purposefully targeting any other group (of course unless 90% of the population wants that, but find me a stable democracy where even 50% of the population wants a genocide).

Democracy works, you're just living in a shitty propaganda bubble that tells you it doesn't.

PSA: fold if you don't care about muh china/west democracy autism
No need to thank me.

>1 decision a day becomes 1 decision a week becomes 1 decision a month as population and diversity of opinion rises, and then your nation is going nowhere
Also, this argument is based on pure populism. The government makes thousands of decisions each month, but since we live in Europe and not some shitty third world dictatorship, those decisions are bureaucratic decisions that change economic policies based on economic models, etc. which the average person doesn't really care about.
This argument is like arguing that your plane engine is doing nothing compared to the first plane models, because modern plane engines are much more sophisticated, precise, and stay out of your view.