/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous:

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3ruRowQ-Lo
labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer
ebay.de/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Max-2-64GB-Dual-Sim-Smartphone-Gold-USB-Type-C-Global-Version/232591552138?hash=item3627896e8a:g:kqgAAOSw-xVaK84P
notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-A3-2017-Smartphone-Review.211112.0.html#toc-communication-and-gps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=R3ruRowQ-Lo

bump

is the 6GB version worth 25€ more than the 4GB?

of fucking what

mi mix 2s is $510 in hong kong
is this the best option for a global phone with 845 for relatively cheap?

What i need is:
>good custom rom support
>decent specs
>good screen
>replacable battery
>no price range

Any suggestions will be appriciated

My Samsung s8 plus just got black screen of death. I can see the led light, force reboot and i can feel the viberation and legs go on/off but no feedback on the screen.

Recommend me

I'd try to stretch your budget to a Mi5s or a Mi6

>replacable battery

I think the last relevant phone with a replaceble battery was the lg g5 two years ago.

>>replacable battery
none

>>replacable battery
user...

Well, does the E4+ improve upon anything? like speed?

god that blue essential phone is amazing

shame the phone is shit

>i don't care about warranty, let me waste money!

What are my other options?

The thing is, i have dropped this phone 3 months ago and there are cracks on the backs. So if I take it to them and ask for a fix, they are going to blame those cracks, saying I dropped the phone and fucked it up.

OP5T or OP6?

Is there a good, preferably FOSS, FTP/SFTP client for Android?

Alright guys I'm trying to sell my XZ1 Compact, and I have a few questions.
>What's the best place I could sell it at?
>Will the fact that the bootloader is unlocked lower the amount of money I could sell it for?

How do I pick good accessories (Screen Protector, Case, Powerbank etc.) for my xiaomi? I don't my chinkphone break easily

Is the XZ1 shit?

No, it ain't shit at all. It is actually a really good fucking phone. I just want to sell it because there is virtually no community behind it. There is only two people on XDA who are creating ROMs for it and they don't get updated frequently. If you don't care about that stuff then stock ROM would be good for you as it gets updated frequently.

Getting Moto G4 Plus off Swappa. You guys think it would need a clean wipe?

I've been waiting for a new phone for so long and the Nokia 7 Plus seems perfect, so naturally it isn't being released here in the US

Has rebooting issues, otherwise it has the stuff that you expect from a flagship

Huawei Mate 10 Pro or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus?

Just take it to warranty they're not as harsh as you think.

You forgot LG V20 and Moto G5

>G4 Plus
Do yourself a favour and get the G5 Plus instead.

Hi, i have a doubt.

I want to buy the LG Stylo 3 smartphone (snapdragon 435 version) from Amazon.com.

The issue is that this smartphone is an edition exclusive for an American carrier called Boost Mobile. And I live in Spain.

Now, I know I would not be able to use it as a phone here in Spain, as it is Boost Mobile exclusive. But my question is, will I be able to use it for browsing the internet and playing games?

Like, will it connect to my home router´s wi-fi conection, in order to access the e-shop and download some games?

I am a complete illiterate and I need your help.

Any phone can connect to wifi. If you just want to use it as a computer you're good.

Thank you! So I can access the Google Play Store and download whatever I need? That is great.

consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/porsche-design-mate-rs/

bruh

Why that phone instead of just getting something in Spain?

Which phone for unlimited budget? Should I wait for new releases? No chink shit please

Behold, the future.

Attached: 1494781508053.png (941x472, 336K)

Mixplorer

Iphone 8 for 580€ yay/nay?

Fuck off

>gaming
>SD435
wew

>This is the ONLY phone I have found that checks all the boxes
Must not have looked very hard. I can name the Moto G5 off the top of my head, might be able to get LG G5 or V20 under 200€ too.

I have been unable to find a smartphone here in Spain that has a user replaceable battery, costs under 200 euro, has a powerful enough snapdragon processor, and an IPS LCD screen that is bigger than 5 inch.

Moto G5 Screen is only 5 inch screen. LG G5 or V20 cost 300 - 500 euro here in Spain.

You can get them under 200€ from the US

>>gaming
>>SD435
>wew
Actually, I meant light gaming, and the sd435 has a good enough Adreno 505 gpu.

s9+

I will give them a look, thanks.

Though they are a bit too power hungry for the purpose I need them.

Looking to upgrade my LG G4. Want something with as good or better processor and camera.
Are there any mid ranges now that out preform it?
Canada, budget around $400

LG V20
IDK how much that is in Canadian meme dollars but it's like 260USD

that's about 335 CAD

>leave emulator running game minimized
>entire battery drained
i keep forgetting to close it entirely and i hate it

>want an ungoogled phone without any chink botnets
>also want physical keyboard
>litearlly the only option is the Passport

I really wanted the Keyone, but no LineageOS and the price really hurts.

Attached: 1482685903213.jpg (351x356, 14K)

Essential Phone is 360 CAD on Koodo, you can just cancel the service and pay off the whole 360 CAD.

>LG
Enjoy your bootloops. It will die after two years if you're lucky and will generally perform like shit.

t. Former LG owner, my friends share the same opinion

Which is the best phone for less than $400AUD? Can be a chink import.

Xiaomi Mi Note 3 or Redmi Note 5 (SD636 version)

I don't know a damn thing about phones but my Metro PCS plan gave me this phone a few days ago. I'm a normie with low standards but I'm curious what y'all have to say.
>Coolpad Defiant
Tell me how terrible it is, Jow Forums

Also, totally new to Android. I'm going through the Jow Forums music app recommendations trying to find one that will recognize the folders on my microSDs that I've already made to work with my PMP. Blackplayer does it but it's acting buggy after less than a day. Or, since those folders are just dragged from itunes playlists, an app that will read/import those direct from itunes?

Attached: Screen shot 2018-04-26 at 12.24.20 PM.png (601x356, 140K)

absolute poverty tier

woops, I meant to say on the Redmi Note 5. Sorry familia, I had to go to work.

lol, about what I figured.

Looks like I can get at my files if I use Vanilla Music. any others I should know?

Attached: has anyone seen my beer?.png (447x491, 317K)

when?

weird, my two LG phones (G3, now V20) perform well and never bootlooped once

where? ali?
I want to get the 128GB but the only global rom versions I can find are 64GB

400 or bust

Where can I fond it for that price?

find*

LG V20? Has LineageOS support.

Try the Solution Shop in a few days. They have the 128 GB showing up on their site.

Where the fuck is it?
Cant see it on f droid

Here: labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer

Thanks

Looking for a new phone for my dad. His iphone 4something just died and he wants to switch to android.

Requirements: Can do basic internet stuff, mostly checking e-mails, reading newspaper articles and the rare youtube video. Mostly he just checks his mails though. At least 16GB storage (Do they even come smaller anymore? Anyway, I'm aiming for 32 + microsd). GPS needs to be somewhat decent because he uses it to go cycling with some app that shows local bike routes.
Country and carrier: Belgium and Telenet, I believe.
Budget: 200 max, around 150 euro would be ideal.

Would prefer a non-chinkphone since it's for my old man. I have a redmi 3 myself that I'm happy with, but I feel like something that's made for the western market that gets delivered faster and requires the least amount of effort to get working would be best for him. Also so I don't get called every other day because of chink fuckery.

What does Jow Forums think of this phone?
ebay.de/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Max-2-64GB-Dual-Sim-Smartphone-Gold-USB-Type-C-Global-Version/232591552138?hash=item3627896e8a:g:kqgAAOSw-xVaK84P

I want a phone with:
>good battery life
>good signal reception
>an ok camera, doesn't have to be trillion gigapixel
>responsive touch screen
>good overall performance in apps like maps.me and public transportation apps
>supports LineageOS
>has good componenets which will not break on me in a year or so (I still can use my Galaxy Ace 2 from 2011 to this day, if that doesn't scream quality then I don't know what is)

I don't care about:
>gay men
>screen resolution
>cosmetics (i.e. i don't care if it is an ugly phone)

Will the aforementioned phone fulfill my needs? my budget is 200 Euros (can spend more if worth it) and I live in Germoney.

Is the motorola moto G5 a good budget smartphone? It really just needs to do internet/e-mails, play music and run basic apps like whatsapp.

I remember the moto G line to be pretty gud budget phones last time I went shopping for one, but that was about 2-3 years ago now and I haven't been paying attention.

Galaxy A3 2017, it has IP68 water resistance for if he ever gets caught out in the rain. GPS is also decent:
notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-A3-2017-Smartphone-Review.211112.0.html#toc-communication-and-gps

So I got an Xperia XZ2 compact, previous phone was a Z3 compact.
It's pretty good, would recommend.

You will look like an autist who browses Jow Forums. Just buy an Iphone

it's a good phone if you don't mind the huge size (it's 6.44")

Redmi Note 4 (SD625 version) also fulfils those requirements if you want something a bit smaller

I have the Mi Max 2. I love it but the lack of NFC kills it for me.

>mom wants to get a moto for basic use

what should she get? g5?

Would also like to know this. I'm looking at the same phone for a relative of mine. I can currently snag a 3gb ram version g5 for about 130 euro on an amazon warehouse deal.

Learn to replace the battery yourself, it's not hard to do on most smartphones with the right tools. It's not as easy as popping the backplate in seconds and just sliding the battery in or out, but most phones can be relatively easily disassembled with battery being one of the first things you see. The issue with getting a new battery is its genuinity, since there are a lot of chinese batteries that lie about their capacity and good fucking luck getting the actual non-refurbished battery from a phone outside of authorized service for some brands.

pay for someone to replace it, preferably qualified so you don't lose waterproofing.

should i get a $450 used s8 to replace a s6 edge

Just spend another $60 to get a brand new s8.

>Just buy an iPhone
I don't need an iPhone for the tasks that I want to do
>Huge size
It did seem a bit large, I will check out the Note 4, thanks for the recommendation.
>no NFC
I don't care to be honest fampai

it's a decent phone, will handle basic use just fine.

How many people are in your contacts /spg/?

At this point you might as well wait for OP6 if you're not allergic to the notch and glass back design.

mfw this is what I needed to make the decision

Mate 10 Pro although I'd prefer the regular Mate 10.

Mi Note 3 for sure. It's my phonefu atm but unfortunately it doesn't work with my carrier, otherwise I would've picked it up in a heartbeat. In my opinion THE best phone in terms of bang/buck although the Mi 6x could change that depending on how well its camera turns out to be.

Just got a phone that uses Android 7.1. You guys think it's worth it to update it to Oreo or is Noug good enough?

Attached: 1505731339336.jpg (300x286, 46K)

Just broke my phone, can you guys recommend me a new one at around 350-500$.

Redmi Note 5 Pro or Mi A1? Are there any better options around 200$ that has good front and back cameras and 3.5 headphone jack?

MI A2

Xiaomi redmi note 5.

Is xiaomi even release the 6x as A2? Also it's got no headphone jack
Isn't the note 5's camera shittier than the pro's?

is that phone even gonna work outside of poo-in-loo-land

rn5p

I just got a Moto Z2 Play for $350. Pretty cool. Fast and easily customizable with an unlockable bootloader and shit. The Moto mods are probably gimmicks, but I've enjoyed the ones I got. The Polaroid one and the camera one. Anyway, these are pretty cool imo.