/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/YyH02Mgd

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Prev:

Attached: 1498091147161.jpg (681x1024, 340K)

Attached: 41FE6700-502D-4D68-86FB-9E2D2DE52FA3.jpg (1343x1714, 601K)

Just bought DT1990, first time I pay over £200 for headphones.

Attached: 1497733965582.jpg (991x672, 107K)

Did you make that yourself?

should I buy a 009s and a srm-353x?

They are garbage

but should I spend thousands of dollars on them that's not a yes or a no, also could you please work the word "buypig" into your answer

Only poor people buy expensive things.

good job
post here when u get them

well done skipping over the sennheiser 600 reddit meme

oh ok

Realy makes me think... I'm a poorfag and buy useless shit like headphones thats worth my months pay.

What is wrong with using a months pay on headphones? As long as you can cover your expenses then what's the problem? People save up for things all the time.

thats the buypig mentality, it's why you see so much financing and lending shit in poor neighborhoods. poor people tend to buy things they really can't afford which continues the cycle of staying poor.

buypig

thats nigger mentality

>tfw finally made the wagecuck jump
>still buy the same chinkshit like I did before, even when I now have the luxury to afford even high end cans

The life of a poorfag never actually changes, don't believe the memes

No, you soft-brained moron.
Hold off on your buypig mentality for just a few months so that all the head-fi can beta test the 009S, then resell them immediately.
Why do you even want the 009S? Some new toy to shove into your ass?

don't bully me I have low self-esteem I want to buy something nice to make myself feel better

Jow Forums I'm looking for some Bluetooth earbuds I can use to workout in
Shit like playing basketball, running,and lifting
Any reccs?

Attached: 1521707861623.jpg (1098x859, 48K)

amazon basics you piece of filth

Dead General.

Attached: 1493569124697.jpg (300x388, 14K)

can you guys help me find a female 3.5mm trrs to male 4-pin xlr adapter?

Attached: 1508411289650.jpg (500x707, 126K)

no

>female to male

what desktop dac do I get?

>Budget
Up to £150
>Location
Uk
>Source
Google Pixel 2 XL
>Type of headphone
In ear, Bluetooth, microphone & vol
>Open or closed
Unsure
>Comfort level
Not fussed, would like a choice of bud sizes maybe
>Sound signature
Listen to a lot of bass heavy stuff
>Past headphones
Soundmagic E10, Sennheiser CX100

What do you need to power with it?

hd600

Nice they're awesome headphones. I would like a pair myself.

Attached: IMG_20180425_170828-01.jpg (4032x2268, 2.25M)

for the price of all 3 of those you could have got 1 good pair instead of a pile of garbage

Post your setup

Yeah

Attached: g.png (1385x1039, 1.31M)

Oh really? Yeah I had no idea. That's too complicated a thought for me. At least all three of those are exceptionally good headphones! Especially the modified he500.

Hey.

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

Nice those seem to be pretty sweet headphones. Hopefully you like the sound.

Please & Thank you

Get one of the new suspension headbands for that LCD-2. It turns all of the LCD series into the most comfortable shit

Stax L700

They are garbage

I'm guessing you didn't mean to reply to me as they are not £150 or in ear, but thanks.

I find them pretty comfortable as they are, same with the he500. My heads pretty big so they fit well.
Maybe I will change it over though. The new headbands look nice. They could use new pads as well.

DUNU Falcon C for V shape
MEE Audio PX/P1 (same sound, diff build quality)
Shure SE215

I meant to reply to you.

Thanks, but only the Shure are BT. I really need BT as the Pixel dongles are shite.

I cant believe I didnt even earn one reply :(

You aren't worthy of my (You)s.

Going to get some new leather pads for these. A most comfortable headphone.

I did't get a toxic reply.

Attached: Ohshi.jpg (600x600, 37K)

woops. Image did not upload

Attached: bought them for 100 buckaroos new.jpg (2896x2896, 617K)

You’ll find out soon enough

Attached: IMG_20180322_175242766.jpg (2340x4160, 2.68M)

>toxic

Attached: 1523746154668.jpg (525x469, 65K)

But it's true. Buying stuff you can't comfortably afford, without ever saving a cent, is the perfect recipe to stay poor.
If a headphone you want is worth a month of your salary, then first prioritize making more money, so that it's worth less than that. Only then, if you really want it, you can consider buying it.
Being able to afford something doesn't simply mean having enough money to purchase it. It means not having to make life-changing or at least costly sacrifices.

There is nothing wrong with buying cheap shit if you're happy with it, even if you could afford to spend more. In fact, spending a lot and buying expensive stuff just because you can is another brilliant recipe to become poor.

Ah~ there they are.

Attached: 1490327873450.png (806x674, 446K)

You said it yourself. Go buy yourself something nice, not expensive. Save the latter for when you can actually afford it.

I think that user is agreeing with you and saying thats the typical black attitude that keeps people poor

my brother is a buypig and it's sad, he just impulse buys the most insane shit. he just bought an $8000 watch last week out of nowhere. if you just met him you'd think he was rich from all the nice stuff he has but he can't actually afford it.

just ordered dt 770s after having hd 215 for like six years
this better be a good investment, because it seems like one

Attached: $_35.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Nigger move

how come

32 ohm I assume? Be ready to eq the treble

reminder that there's no difference between a 20$ headphone and a $5000 headphone, they're made at the same factory in china

Still no good RF headphones that also don't cost a leg and a penis?

nope, 80 ohm

Dunno, maybe your great great great grandma fucked a nigger and you’re an eggplant.

doesn't matter since they sound like shit either way

>toxic
kys weak faggot s*yboy back to r*ddit

Being upset and irritable all the time is a sign of low testosterone levels. I suggest you get your levels checked, it's a simple blood test and it is then trivial to raise your levels with androgel.
Maybe you're just upset because you don't have nice planar headphones yourself, which is a very good reason to be upset as they're the best at most modern genres, but the way you worded your post seems to imply you are very irritated.

Attached: _MG_6617.jpg (800x533, 122K)

>planar headphones

Attached: 1492127281246.gif (250x230, 1.17M)

They are shite

Dynamic drivers are for old people

>sanding and finishing

Attached: 1489678593865.jpg (1920x2160, 317K)

Sad to hear, I'm sure you have already, but have you two talked about it?

>woodcups

Attached: 1521905219601.gif (600x338, 2.16M)

What are you talking about. I come here to get unfiltered opinions and just plain hate. It's funny and humbling. That why I talk on 4 chan and I don't have account. So fuck yourself Faggot kike.

Attached: 1472762457042.jpg (2447x3518, 2.35M)

Admit it. Wood is sexy and offers acoustic benefits.

Attached: 006UE3G1gy1fjti2he1auj30ku0dwdim.jpg (750x500, 122K)

yea we have actually, and he knows it's a problem. he has a decent job and a house but he could be living way better if he had more money management skills. his current girlfriend is really careful with money so maybe she'll temper him but it's a very real problem. like he has a $6000 computer and a fancy drone and a fancy $10k luis vuitton suit and all kinds of shit he doesn't need. stuff from years ago is piled up in his basement like all his old $6000 computers. he could be living mortgage free right now if he had managed things better. I think a lot of the problem is that our parents give us so much money, so he didn't really earn all of what he has so he doesn't understand it's value.

yo, are there any good sub $20 headphones you know? like a generic verbatic i bought 15 years ago
i just need clear normal sound

good headphones start at ~150$

bullshit
good is subjective anyway, i just want normal clear sound

They are trash

he likely doesn't care. he probably associates his conspicuous consumption and posturing as the reason for getting a girlfriend, and he would be right for the most part actually. his girlfriend would probably dump him too, because he would be more boring and not the same man she was attracted to (the opposite of her)

>Budget
$150 AUD

>Location
Australia

>Source
Shanling M1

>Type of headphone
Fullsized

>Open or closed
Closed

Take your shitty blog and normalizing elsewhere

he actually does care, he just cant really control it. he gets fixated on something and then will just go out and buy it the same day. I remember when we were pretty young kids we were both in the mall one day getting popcorn or something and he just suddenly left for 10 minutes and bought a ps2 and like 5 games when it was a new console. it's like he's missing impulse control for spending and once he thinks of something he just buys it.

but yea not going to post anymore

>he actually does care, he just cant really control it
no, he only does because the people around him do
>normalizing
it's normalization and you are not even using the word right

Shut up faggot, I'm phoneposting. It was supposed to be moralizing.

post your hd800

These are better

Attached: DSC_0959.jpg (3264x2448, 3.07M)

No.

Attached: 450.jpg (600x450, 37K)

I use stax

Who makes the best desktop DAC? Schiit?

Fiio D03K

Chord

best over-ear headphones for 150?

audio technica ath-m50x

beyerdynamic dt990