From this

From this...

Attached: asusp5qdeluxe.jpg (1200x990, 520K)

TO WHAT?

...to this.

Where did everybody go wrong?

Attached: 2018041110304462_m.gif (460x460, 505K)

gamers love placebo bullshit

The RGB is gaudy but the heatsinks on the new top end Gigabyte X470 board are pretty nice at least.

Attached: gigabyte-x470-gaming7-vrm.jpg (1200x650, 239K)

I'm a neet who gaymes 18 h/day and I just want to have a black box in the corner that emits as little noise and sound as possible.

All the dumb leds and bad heatsinks make me think gas chambers and death camps aren't such a bad idea after all.

I hope this becomes the norm again.

Yeah It's good to see finned VRM heatsinks coming back. I have no problem with OC'ing a CPU to a 250W housefire since it won't be running at 100% in daily use. But I sure as well want the ability to.

Looks pretty nice desu. Too bad I'll never trust Niggabyte again since the B350 fiasco.

>buying AMD
have fun being report to the ADL for your hate crime

this black+rgb shit is the fad look of the 2010s, it will look like garbage in 10 years if it doesnt already look that way to you now

Meanwhile we are stuck with paying for form-over-function.

Ugly

Beautiful

Fuck your lack of taste desu

why the fuck do people want flashing lights on their mobo?

i bought the prime x370 pro last year and it came with that shit too and i just turned it off.

Dear god..
I scrolled through the new lineup of intel motherboards the other day and i've come to realise that i don't really need to upgrade.. ever.

Attached: 1522710916862.gif (500x353, 327K)

kys

I'll stick to this guy until we have a mobo revolution.

Attached: five_pictures1_3266_20140829112347.png (600x480, 174K)

The quality/design of VRM itself>heatsink. This is why the C7H and X470 Taichi still takes the lead.

pic related is the greatest motherboard design of all time

debate me (if you can)

Attached: ASUS-Sabertooth-990FX-Motherboard_1[1].jpg (1188x768, 334K)

Attached: 1508113528782.gif (400x384, 553K)

I will never understand why Jow Forumstards get triggered for LEDs. They can ALWAYS be disabled.

except the "discreet GPU detected"-LED at 1000000000000 lumens on my fucking MSI mainboard

Attached: 1512476657584.jpg (1755x1936, 805K)

from this

Attached: 1j4ykp.jpg (530x402, 44K)

to this

Attached: 1507330540607.jpg (660x546, 326K)

I have a B350 gaming pro msi mobo and all leds are off. You have the gaming app installed?

>caution ultimate power
>not even enough PCI-express lanes for two GPU

Attached: 1515898967625.png (1000x723, 493K)

If you're not buying Supermicro, you're a nigger

It's sold to fucktards who try to build compact gaming computers.

I'd say sell them rope, but they wouldn't be able to tie a noose unless PCPartPicker showed them how.

Attached: 1522608291842.png (1290x1282, 1.37M)

32 PCI-e lines? What do you need 24 PCI-e lines for? I can't belive my loyal customer is demanding my last 16 PCI-e lines.

Gaymers are a huge part of the market but they also have the sense of style of a 10 year old (most likely because they are 10 years old). So companies apease to them

Yeah man! Lets all have boring ass black boxes instead of having a mobo with a very low intensity led setting that accents the color you want your pc to have. Fuck that, whoever gets it is a retard.

Ps - I havent seen many people RGBs on full gay rainbow mode. Its typically just an accent.

Only hackers need more than 8 PCI-e lanes

ULTRA GAMING EXTREME SNIPER HEADSHOT

Attached: 1517927903056.png (1280x361, 720K)

>Taichi
hows the BIOS this time? buildzoid is still crying about it

They went wrong when normies started watching Linustechtips and spending more for the same chipset because gaymen so they stopped making utilitarian boards like this.

Attached: 8420_big.jpg (1000x757, 173K)

>black soldermask
>"""designed""" heatsinks
>gray and black because that's k3wl
That trash is more than bad enough. Behold a real motherboard.

Attached: boardlarge.png (2027x1524, 1.7M)

How can you be looking at that picture and think "nice"? Heatsinks on the VRM are fine, but did they really need those useless """designed""" metal covers that serve no purpose other than to decrease airflow? That cover over the I/O shield is pure cancer.

These things interest me, how well can one replace a general purpose x86 workstation with the PPC9 architecture, or are these things really just more fit for server applications?

>Servershit
Be real user, these rgb boards are not gonna stand the test of time the same way pre closed loop water cooling led setups in the early 2000s looked. the Ultra Durables/Sabertooth boards are gonna stay looking good.

Attached: IMG_0253.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

I'm strongly considering getting one, but I haven't yet, so I can't tell for sure, but there are some caveats that I'm aware of. For instance, everything that uses a JIT compiler is likely going to either lack support entirely, or be less optimally implemented. As for my own software, there are a few things here and there that I've used x86-specific mechanisms for. Some of those would be easy to port to PPC, others would require more work.

flashy marketing to reel in bucks from "the cool kids" participating the 2010s pc building fad
it's a waste of plastic honestly

i like it that way because i love having protection on everything in case i accidently break a part while meddling with my parts , the light is optional but it comes with it so why not , it's a light blue led for me.

as long as i can keep the parts ultra-protected and as ventilated as possible i'm happy.

So, basically these are fit for building your own supercomputer, but not much else yet.
Shit.

>the Ultra Durables/Sabertooth boards are gonna stay looking good.
Again:
>black soldermask
>"""designed""" heatsinks
Even if there were anything good-looking about that -- which there isn't -- why would you want your motherboard "looking good"?

Attached: ep-8kha+.jpg (358x425, 62K)

All these nigger boards

White will be the new black in the future.

Attached: msi-x370-0-1280x1024.png (1280x1024, 1.14M)

I think a PCB can be good looking without being fucking stupid and dating itself the second it comes out.

Attached: Dat IO.jpg (1000x600, 163K)

>So, basically these are fit for building your own supercomputer, but not much else yet.
That's an exaggeration. It would work for a great lot of the things I do. Emacs, GCC, Chromium/Firefox, all the standard Unix tools, media players, &c&c&c all work fine. Even Java works fine, though Hotspot's code generator isn't quite as good as for x86.

you forgot these

Attached: 2018-04-26 18_47_30.png (1948x556, 531K)

too brown

too many flashing lights

too ugly

would like to know too, anybody have one?

I'm sure, but why would you then cite "ultra durable" as an example thereof? You surely don't think pic related actually "looks good"?

Attached: 83a.jpg (725x486, 64K)

>6 sata ports

White is literally the only color of soldermask that is worse than black.

Okay, so paranoid security shitposting machine, I like it.

I think that board looks very good, Z97 was kinda the last before everythng got gay, I honestly think the board manufacturers were just like "Welp, we're on DDR4 now so let's fuck our shit up"

>design of the motherboard
Never understood that. But then again, I don't have Windows in my PC case.

*protects your board*

Attached: img_0744.jpg (700x466, 39K)

>black soldermask
>contrasting colors for (((that eyepopping effect)))
>gaymer-designed heatsinks
I mean, yeah, I get that if you're used to boards like , it might look comparatively better, but that doesn't really say a lot. It's still literally butt-ugly on an absolute scale.

I don't care about RGB lights
But this design is gorgeous,
beautiful and pleasant.

Just Werks but Ugly af

What was that retarded thing where you could put magazines and scopes on your motherboard? I cant find it

When are clear solder masks coming back? A few boards had them in the past, being able to see the copper traces and all that was nice.

then open the part and remove the led yourself or break it.

>motherboards literally designed for retards
I get that there's a market for 13-year-old gaymer kidz, but does that really have to cover the entire market?

Yeah why do you want people to see your utilitarian board anyway? The cringey LED boards are at least meant to be displayed while you’re p0wning n0bs

>gorgeous, beautiful and pleasant
>edgy angles, flashing lights, stronk eagles
You have to be over 18 to post on this board.

White clothes get dirty easily

if this actually stops PCI ports from bending, this is actually a great idea

>Yeah why do you want people to see your utilitarian board anyway?
I do want to see it when plugging stuff into it or debugging issues, and I'd prefer not having active ugliness poking into my eyes when doing so.

When is this actually a problem unless you're a literal 400 lb gorilla?

Should I say autistic shit like minimalistic or kawaii?

>His board doesn't have a fucking gun on it

Attached: gigabyte_assassin_2_01.jpg (1000x669, 72K)

That board is kawaii senpai desu

Attached: 1524722622865.jpg (1100x1800, 339K)

i'm not a retard , each time i open my PC my hands start to shake a lot because of the stress (fear of breaking something accidentaly) , maybe most people aren't shaking but i do , so yes protections are useful for me.

Not to mention design issues that actually make the boards less utilitarian:
>Everything being monochromatic, making it harder to distinguish details at a glance
>Black or white soldermask making it much harder follow traces

The UD3 is a cute to me, ultimately I loved the Asus P5 core 2 duo era, I was 12 when I got my first pc and that was what people were building with.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 298K)

Even that would be better. Which doesn't say much on an absolute scale.

>i'm not a retard
>each time i open my PC my hands start to shake a lot because of the stress (fear of breaking something accidentaly)
Pick one.

take a fucking xanax if its that fucking bad jesus christ

meanie.

nah it's just the stress , not a medical condition.

honestly it took me 10 minutes to place the CPU on the socket because i was sweating and shaking all over , it was the most stressful thing when i built my PC.

Was going to post this. Guess I'll post this one instead.

Attached: msi_big_bang-xpower_ii_o01.jpg (948x755, 274K)

>Black or white soldermask making it much harder follow traces
I mean, really.

Attached: soldermask.jpg (400x591, 88K)

>honestly it took me 10 minutes to place the CPU on the socket because i was sweating and shaking all over
>not a medical condition
That ain't normal, dude.

when your GPU are 6kg each

Attached: 1524762251014.jpg (1100x1800, 423K)

Just use proper GPU orientation.

Attached: 5970_in_FT02.jpg (350x263, 41K)

i swear it's normal , it's just that i start heavily shaking when under stress if there's a risk of breaking a part that costs few hundred euros.
it's not medical i swear.

So I guess you can't drive a car either, since there's a risk that you might break it which costs thousands of euros by crashing into something.

First computer I put together, I managed get a drop of Arctic Silver in the LGA775 socket, near shat myself then and there.
Managed to get it all cleaned out, assembled the fucker, and it worked flawlessly.

i can , it's different , i'm not bad at piloting and my hands can't break the steering wheel , however they can break a tiny CPU that costs hundreds so yeah , i'm literally shaking.
do not take me for a fool.

are you me ? i was shaking so hard i messed up a bit while applying cooling paste , it got a bit on the edge on the CPU but it works without any problems now.

>however they can break a tiny CPU that costs hundreds
No they can't. What would you even do? Crush it like walnut?

touch the gold parts with my sweaty hands or mess up the tiny metal tips.

Lmao CPUs are durable as fuck, the PCB is so thick.

idk man , i'm nervous as fuck when handling them.

The ridiculously thin PCBs intel uses not to mention the fragility of LGA socket pins would like a word with you.

No doubt, but don't pretend that it's normal or productive. The first step on solving your problem is admitting that you have one.

>The ridiculously thin PCBs intel uses
It's not like they're so thing and fragile that they're going to break in your hands. kys.

>the fragility of LGA socket pins
Just don't jam it in with a hammer.

yeah maybe but it doesn't happen in the rest of my daily life , it just happens when handling things like this.

Doesn't make it less retarded when it does happen.