Which switch should I get?

All I want is all good switch for muh vidya and
muh typing without that clicking sound. Which one is the best all around switch?

Attached: switchss.png (1024x727, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bvog.com/?post=IDFTZWYcKBLUrVk7v
amazon.com/dp/B01BMJ0Y4O/ref=twister_B07C3G3798?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Version-Todas-funciones/dp/B006YYNGNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524839917&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech mk220
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cherry red or browns are the default for noobs

Clicky switches are best for typing, linears are best for gaming. I'd recommend clears or blacks for your proposes. Maybe look into reds if you really want something light, but just know it will be shit for typing.

Switches are the biggest fucking meme Jow Forums & /v/ have shilled me.

youre an idiot for falling for them. the best keyboard is the apple mac book pro.

I like reds for games and blue and browns for typing

silvers with 30g springs for vidya low much shorter travel than a regular mx switch and even a toddler can pres them

Nintendo's

The new Kailh Box Switches are probably the best new Cherry MX Style switches... Better than everything they currently put out except for the Speed Silver.

Attached: boxnavy.jpg (473x315, 13K)

Cherry Clears if you are set on Cherry. Those new Box Royals look nice though.

None, this shit is just a Jow Forums meme.

Why fork out shit loads more for a keyboard that's just annoyingly more louder than normal keyboards?

KEK

Good luck finding a "normal keyboard" with N-key rollover that isn't nearly as expensive and flimsy as hell.

It's either buy a cheap keyboard that's complete trash and can't play anything other than crappy hold-W FPSes and 5-key Mobas. Or spend a little extra money and get a proper one.

I can't say that I have much experience in keyboard switches, but I'd rate blues well above the typical reds, browns, and blacks that are common. I've heard greens are basically blues that require more force.

That being said, the feeling of a switch is entirely subjective as each person's idea of comfy is different.

Faggots who don't know ergonomics.

Attached: 1521404998388.jpg (211x244, 21K)

Browns are objectively the worst switch and are only used by morons

Razer Greens

depends.

some people like me, get a dopamine rush when you start to learn to not bottom out and feel the very slight actuator all the time. you don't get this with smooth switches like red because you don't have the resistance and blue aka clicky switches don't come with smooth gentle silence doing it. not bottoming out on mx brown for me feels like rushing like a ninja on the roof tops.. i prefer mx clear though but it's hard to get cheap in EU. after all it's all a subjective matter

I have clicky switches, pretty sure blues, and the clicky is too loud

There needs to be something with the feel of clicky but no noise

this place really is filled with autists lol
get a load of this huge faggot holy shit

Might as well ask. What's a brand that's going to be reliable? My second fucking Matias Silent Pro was getting chatter on a different key each week. Cleaning with IPA fixed it every time, but now the damn "T" key is getting stuck without the physical switch seeming to have any problems. It was the exact same thing that got me a free replacement last year.
I'd rather not spend another $150 for a few months worth of use.

Get a model m from clickykeyboards.com, it will live longer than you will

blues, topre or whites

though nothing really sells in fucking whites which upsets me

There are a couple of old Apple boards with sound dampened Alps switches. I don't know if they're readily available, but that's probably what you're looking for.

Attached: Original-new-OMRON-B3K-T13L-keyboard-axis-switch-Omron-micro-switch-for-Logitech-G310-G910-RGB.jpg (427x401, 24K)

>design a new switch
>goal is better backlighting
No

I wish there was a Cherry MX Silent Brown.

Get a Gaming switch then.

Buckling Spring or bust.

Worst mechanical out there my dude

Just put o-rings on your browns

the Nintendo one

>getting loud clicky gay ass keyboards
no thanks. browns are best.

He could do both.
Get the switch, get a dremel, adapt switch on switch to make it more clickly.

the best keyboard ever was the ibm standard. cheap logitech keyboards come close but are not quite there. everything else is a meme except for maybe some of the dell keyboards from a few years ago. fight me, weebs.

Attached: 1524713251500.jpg (1201x889, 657K)

(You)

I use mx blacks so i find most keyboards (mx reds etc) feel too light

Let me let you in on some facts
>topre is fucking trash, only good for no-hassle nkro and jerking off your efriends on plebbit
>every. single. cherry. switch. is. shit.
>literally the only good cherry style switch are gateron reds
>muh click and much taktile is a meme by people who can't rub two fucking braincells together. Plastic click jackets and plastic "tactile" feet feel exactly how it sounds like they do, plastic rubbing on fucking plastic
>box switches are shit other than the thickbars because they got the click to line up with the actuation point, have fun with fucking 75g switches in your basedboard
>any switch over 45g is going to cause long term damage to the very fragile and poorly lubricated joints of your fingers
>typing over 70wpm for long periods of time causes long term damage to the very fragile and poorly lubricated joints of your fingers
>building your own keyboard is more expensive, but you won't be stuck with niggershit switches.
>heavy linears feel mushy as shit

Attached: box2.png (853x719, 721K)

literally just fucking buy a $20 logitech keyboard you consumerist low test shitwad

Take your Blues and put o-rings on the stems.
Biggest difference guaranteed.
Your probably not complaining about the "click" that the keyboard makes in the switch contacting but actually you bottoming out on the keystroke - like me.

Just do it.
Cheap job too

Absolutely objectively and subjectively wrong.
Like, completely incorrect on a basal level.
Invest in an exit bag.

Thats right and damn right, i either get classic scissor keys or red switches because im not a 70's kid with hearing aid.

In what cases other than gaming uses more than 5 keys at once ?

retard that bought browns after watching a youtube video detected

Attached: muhjulia-3.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

I'm actually a MX Blues kinda nig

Cherry MX Reds are my personal favorite.
They sound like acorns hitting the sidewalk, I love it.

that doesn't make you any less retarded, user.

I hope you're using lubed gateron reds

No. Cherry MX Reds. Your Gateron meme can go suck a dick.

gateron reds are literally better than cherry, they use smoother plastic.
when will cherryniggers learn

Attached: muhjulia-16.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>smoother plastic
I like the bumpy feel. Also, casual use of a racial slur doesn't make you funnier or more correct, it just makes you look like an edgy 13 year old shilling his shitty switches because he's too broke to buy the good shit.

>I like the bumpy feel.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Also, casual use of a racial slur doesn't make you funnier or more correct, it just makes you look like an edgy 13 year old shilling his shitty switches because he's too broke to buy the good shit.
Oh wait, you're actually retarded
HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: muhjulia-7.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

>never justifies his claims with an actual explanation or legitimate response
Pic related is literally fucking you, brokeboy.

Attached: big tard.png (569x649, 139K)

you asked for it, don't cry too hard now.

Attached: cherryniggers.jpg (5253x1893, 1.2M)

Is there a linear switch that's in-between reds and blacks?

just stick with reds and if they're too light for you swap the springs

Attached: cherryniggers.jpg (5393x1633, 1.28M)

>niggers xd
How long have you been here, newfriend?
bvog.com/?post=IDFTZWYcKBLUrVk7v
This blog will tell you what to do in these scenarios. How to survive Jow Forums. Please read, then post afterward.

>when you get btfo'd so hard on your choice of autistic keyboard switch you have to play internet police to save face

Attached: mpv-shot0021.jpg (980x1064, 146K)

sounds like too much effort.

amazon.com/dp/B01BMJ0Y4O/ref=twister_B07C3G3798?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
My keyboard is pick related. I got it for a great price of $40 and it's Gigabyte brand, with none of that basedboy RGB bullshit. I got a better deal on my keyboard than you and a straight up better keyboard than you. Your Gateron switches are gay and you should feel bad for ignoring the satisfaction of a tactile bump. Feel extremely fucking bad. Consider suicide. Refer to the goddamn link, then post after you read, for god sakes. bvog.com/?post=IDFTZWYcKBLUrVk7v

>but just know it will be shit for typing.
I type on a keyboard with MX red red switches and it's fine. They just have a low tolerance of wrong key presses.

I can get up to 145WPM on 10fastfingers.com with an MX blue keyboard and around 130 WPM with mx red. Yes, reds are worse for typing than blues, but they're still fine. They're also nowhere near as loud as blue or brown switches.

Browns are pretty much what you're looking for.

mechanical keyboards blow, worst meme

Attached: 1508642845627.png (645x773, 29K)

>not using your on-screen keyboard

Attached: pussy slayer.png (309x311, 103K)

>floating shit
>garbage caps
>shitty switch
>can't be programmed
>shitty pcb
>gaymur brand
>can't replace cable
you cucked yourself retard, and now you're trying to justify your shitty purchase.
How does it feel that you can get gateron reds for like 20 bucks now on a much superior board.
Also
>tactile "bump"
>on fucking linears
>thinking scratchiness is a bump
nigger, clearly you don't have two fucking braincells to rub against each other, why don't you go to bed and let the big boys talk?

Attached: 1519433404607.gif (480x360, 2.82M)

I like browns, they're definitely on the clicky side but you can half press them once you get good at the keyboard and its not so bad. Something about mashing buttons on browns just feels good though.

Well played.
Buyers remorse man.
But hey, at least it was only $40. Some people pay $140 for that shit. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $50 on a keyboard and mechanical keyboards are overkill, but I was just suggested Cherry MXs and I like how Reds sound, so I picked up this cheap board.

>browns
>clicky
are you all retarded or what?

i'm not even into the gaymer meme, but i unironically like the feeling of these switches.

>without that clicking sound
What you're looking for is a rubberdome keyboard.
Alternatively, Romer-G is fairly quiet for a mechanical switch, more so than Cherry reds.

>romer-g
You mean those meme switches that Logitech puts out?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Kill yourself.

Well he said he wanted a switch without that clicking sound. You wouldn't recommend him something that doesn't meet his criteria, right?

I dunno, they're definitely not as clicky as blues, but my roommate and people I play games with online complain about my click-clacking quite regularly. I dont use dampeners though

browns don't click period you fucking mongoloid and why the fuck are you bottoming out with tactile switches

Because bottoming out is fun.

>no sound
>vidya and typing
topre - best response time, best feels, best sound (quiet but a nice T H O C C). expensive af but still

>topre
Literally an overpriced rubberdome.

This is all you will ever need
amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Version-Todas-funciones/dp/B006YYNGNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524839917&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech mk220

Attached: 81mCxn4UbJL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x431, 104K)

Why is Jow Forums so poor and retarded?

How do people even use those macshit keyboards, I had to use it once and it could as well be a fucking touchscreen

they feel more comfy & precise than any normal rubberdome i've used but ok. why do people assume if it's rubberdome it's automatically bad? it feels better than every single cherry mx switch i've used, the only other thing i'll tolerate is buckling springs. nigger.

Hall effect.

Greens you fucking pussy

based browns

I fell for the blue meme. Now using a quite generic dell keyboard.

You should have gotten browns

>any switch over 45g is going to cause long term damage to the very fragile and poorly lubricated joints of your fingers

Attached: hhhWHAT.jpg (452x448, 25K)

>Shows cherry mx switches
OP your world is confined i see.

Attached: large_480_DSC_0043.jpg (682x684, 63K)

AMEN.

Uuhm that can't .. be true.

Attached: 1445090769971.jpg (322x279, 50K)

(You)

I got cheap, scratchy and loud kailh red ones.they feel better than any keyboard I ever had before.

Emacs

how much onions are you on right now?

Attached: Ice+cold+_8930bccf03dd7342894e536aa98f2d0e.jpg (470x470, 47K)

onions

I've had a keyboard with black switches for about 4 years and was very satisfied with it but it started to squeak when I'd press the keys down which annoyed me so I got one with MX Blues out of curiosity and boy I hate it, I've been using it for 2 months now and I can't get used to this awful click sound

the click is absolutely pointless, don't fall for the meme like I did, just get any of the linear/tacticle switches and do not let yourself get tempted by the meme, i mean it

Blues if you're on VOIP with your friends and use open mic. Sure to make everyone happy.

Clickity clackaty

Attached: 1520455977900.jpg (199x253, 13K)

tfw I just want silent Blues.

Silvers are even worse than reds for false presses

I was worried they would be too loud but I actually like the clickety clack of my unicomp when I'm typing.