Surface Book 2 VS Macbook Pro

Who would win?? Why?

A little back-story, I just got accepted into my college of choice and my dad agreed to buy me whatever laptop I want. I've decided on either a 15inch Surface Book 2 or a 15inch Macbook Pro. I'm going to go buy one in 2 hours but I still haven't made up my mind.

inb4 "macbook suck, waste of le money XD"

Attached: Macbook Pro.jpg (770x433, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: surface book 2.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

They're equally overpriced, unrepairable notebook with the MacBook Pro probably being slightly less awful in that regard.

In all honesty, get a T580.

Thinkpad X280 obviously. Had a thunderbolt port for easy EGPU setup.

the macbook pro loses to the first surface book, just keep that in mind

But the macbook pro isn't touchscreen and I'm also used to using PC...but 99% of people at my school use macbooks and I don't want to seem like a black sheep

Surfacebook by a landslide. Macs are fucking dumpster fires. They're both trash though.

Attached: 1521174389955.jpg (851x474, 107K)

>moshi moshi, beito desu!

Get the latest chromebook the official laptop of Jow Forums

Baka!

This post is bait right?

I already have a Chromebook I use to take notes in class. They're good but I don't like how you can only use chrome os applications. I need to game/download movies for when I take breaks from studying in the library for 12 hours straight

Yeah I'm likely going to go with the surface. I use ableton to make beats sometimes and I can't wait to do that in touchscreen/tablet mode

How far into the Apple ecosystem are you?

If you already have an iPhone go for the MacBook. Features like airdrop and being able t9 text from your laptop will be nice and convenient

If you got an android go with the surface book, but I personally think the HP Spectres are a better buy for the money. Better specs for the price

Mini Ryzen 2200G/2400G desktop you pleb.
Gaming on laptops is more hassle than those and overpriced.

>I need to game/download movies for when I take breaks from studying in the library for 12 hours straight
>need
No, you don't. It's more mental pollution and you'd be better off taking a hike or driving rural roads.

Game on desktop
Stream from your Plex or get a high end Chromebook and set up a crouton

I already have a gaming PC at home with a 1070/i5. I'm talking about when I go to the library, also it wont need to be super heavy duty just Fortnite/Overwatch/WoW occasionally

I live in a downtown urban environment and I don't own a car, but I do bike to school

Then go out to a theater or an arcade. Changing your environment keeps your mind clear. If all you do is hang around a library you'll get burnt out, trust me.

Well, I'm talking more specifically about exam times. I don't spend the entire semester living in the library 24/7

Hey, I'm hijacking this thread.

I need a new laptop for live audio. I run my signal through a USB audio interface, and then do amp modeling and effects in Logic.

I'm looking for something with high durability, portability, and USB ports. It needs enough processing power to do the effects live, at low latency (like a 32 sample buffer) in either Logic or Reaper.

I was gonna get a Surface tablet. I could velcro it to my interface, which would be ideal in terms of size. Not sure about the one USB port, though. If I use a bus for a MIDI controller, will I incur latency? That would be bad because it would be on the same port as the audio interface.

What are my other options?

Attached: lame.jpg (576x768, 158K)

New macbook keyboards are pretty fucking awful. That would honestly be the deciding factor for me personally. 3 years ago I would have said macbook. I still use my 2010 mbp for banking/wanking.

Macs have a lower rate of failure than surface products. Surface products are notorious for failing. Like HP level

People keep shilling this picture, but what the fuck does the number mean, 6:04 fucking what? Is that time? 6 minutes to what? Is bigger better or worse? Why does the fact that GPU is disabled for the test matter? Where are the results of the tests with the GPU?

The macbook seems cheaper and better specced with a better score than the surface book to Me

Damn, I'm looking for something that's going to last me a long time. This isn't what I wanted to hear.

Yeah I used my friends MBP and I hated the keyboard, apparently people get used to it though?

the surface book 2 has a desktop-quality GPU in the base, as far as I'm aware the surface book 2 is more bang for your buck when you buy them fresh out the shop

>both are overpriced
>mbp requires dongles for everything
>sbp can't run macOS

I think you'd be better served by the MBP in a college setting. You can confine Windows 10 (cheap license in Uni btw) into Bootcamp and/or run it alongside macOS with Parallels. You'll also be able to go to an Applel store (probably on campus) if anything goes wrong with it. My MBP is a 2011 and still runs great.

I tried a MBP keyboard on that meme touch bar model and holy fuck these guys are right. The new MBP keyboards are trash compared to the 2011 I have.

user you might want to wait until June to buy a MBP. I think they're refreshing them

If you want a trackpad that's not trash get the MacBook. The gestures for multitasking are also god-tier.

Speakers are better on the MacBook, and it's lighter.
The surface pro is a great machine if you're into graphic design work or something with that pen you get, but the screen is pretty heavy so the thing has a strange balance when you're using the thing on your lap.

macOS also has HiDPI scaling in the bag, with pretty much no weird stuff with tiny windows or pixelated text (windows still suffers this in some places even at 200% scaling)

Macs are utter shit and will fall apart on you the day after the warranty expires.
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

Why not wait for the upcoming Dell XPS 15

Hahahaa have fun with that. I used a Surface Book 1 with ableton once and it was a shit fight.

The glue factory.