pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: 1524715255670.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
m.aliexpress.com/item/32836139359.html
github.com/tshort/dactyl-keyboard
kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/hhkb-layout-custom-assembled-mechanical-keyboard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you guys think of my k-type? :3

Attached: kt.jpg (2752x1548, 583K)

Daily reminder that Alps switches are infinitely superior to Cherry

Black alps suck. I would prefer zealios or gateron browns to them.

You need to clean that shit yearly if you want it to feel good.

Anyone else have kailh box switches with SA keycaps by any chance? I'm wondering if it's just the tall keycaps that makes it so lateral force on the keypress makes the switch bind somewhat. It's really only apparent when you're stretching for the upper rows.

Blacks are for modding into linear or clicky switches, they're a failure of a tactile switch.

Attached: 20180425_171945.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

I want to fucking destroy every single one of these gay keyboards

Attached: 1503309761757.jpg (900x896, 168K)

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
How fast can you type on that thing. Im just curious

oh no

Attached: Screenshot_20180426-171917_Gmail.jpg (1022x1876, 566K)

That's basically a whitefox with rgb and hotswap. May have to get it

Is it just me or are these board groupbuys nowadays just blending together? It's always some combination of: RGB, acrylic/aluminum case, floating keycaps, OEM profile, regular staggered layout (maybe with a slight gimmick like 65%), etc.

well done user

It's quaint to think back on the era when images like this were new and actually pissed me off.

I'm a retard, these look plate mounted right? m.aliexpress.com/item/32836139359.html

What else uses the ErgoDox general layout besides the Ergodox, Infinity, and EZ?

I know Dactly is close, but I don't think I could do without the Dox's innermost column. Same for Kinesis.

I already have two Doxs (an original and an Infinity) and want to get a third. Don't want to wait for Massdrop, and not really sold on the EZ.

Totally comfortable with building my own, down to just soldering diodes and wires across switches in lieu of a pcb. But totally incapable of coding or modeling, so I aint inventing a layout or altering the Dactly to have all the Edox buttons.

Massdrop GBs aren't too crazy. And with the other shit it's usually some dumb shit like winkeyless or some gay pattern on the bottom that no one ever looks at.
I wanted to get a Whitefox so this is kind of interesting, but it feels pretty slimy and I don't particularly like the choices made here like:
>RGB underglow thing, guaranteed to look bad whether it's on or off
>non-split backspace

yes, only Gateron and Cherry manufacture switches with the PCB mount pins

Wait Dactyl lacks a column? Damn, somebody should really fix that

I think Dactyl copied the Kinesis layout, which came way before Edox.

Edox just has an extra column of one 1x key and two 1.5x keys mounted sideways (think like numpad enter is). I use it way too much to want to give it up, and want to be able to keep my same layout across all three keyboards.

>I know Dactly is close, but I don't think I could do without the Dox's innermost column.
Same here. You could modify the code of a dactyl manuform and conform it to the ergodox key layout though. Maybe sometime I'll do that myself except use 1u keys for the innermost column so the thumb cluster can use those 1.5u keys.

Attached: dactyl manuform.jpg (3802x2534, 790K)

I have a full-size keyboard with MX Browns, but i make a lot of errors with it and it doesn't have as much feedback as I'd like. Where should I go from here? Blues?

>TL;DR: Reds or Browns?

Herro faggots and shitters.
I am adquiring my first ever mechanical keyboard and I can't decide between reds or browns.
Main objective is gayming, and I'd pick reds straight out of the bat if it wasn't because I've read and heard a lot of fuss about accidental key presses and typos being extremely common on them.
I ain't spending money on one of those testing miniboards with different switches that they sell on amazon (even though I could return them, I'd still have to pay postal cost and also delay my new system since I wouldn't have a keyboard).

They say that browns feel like broken reds, or like if they were reds with sand between them. But what I really care about is about the possible accidental keypressing. I'd probably rest my hand over the keyboard and it seems that's absolutely bad for reds.
Also, I plan to buy a cheap keyboard with omcron switches, not cherry, since I'm already highly overbudget on my pc build.

So which one would you recommend me? I know it's all about personal preference, but I can't try any of them before buying, so just try to convince me.

Attached: 1517957305228.jpg (640x480, 104K)

Browns are rly prone to errors? I've seen ppl go from red to browns stop having errors... But yeah, get blacks or blues. Anything with higher actuation force.

Space Cadet

Box Royal/Navy

Prior to these I was typing on a very old keyboard from the 90s that required a ton of force to actuate, so I think that's why I might be having issues. I've tried reds at a store and they felt like typing on air, I hated it. How hard is it to find blacks, and how different are they from blues?

Eh, coding REALLY aint my thing. But I'd definitely consider paying someone else to modify the manuform code for me. I'd keep with 1.5 just so I can use an ergodox layout in the QMK firmware and not need to write a new one.

I can't into hardware but I'd be fine with whipping up whatever layout is needed. (I'm also sure I'm not the only one like that.)

>I'd keep with 1.5 just so I can use an ergodox layout in the QMK firmware and not need to write a new one
Using 1u keys on the innermost column wouldn't change that, just if you wire it differently. Apparently the dude who made that fork of the dactyl made the model such that it's easy to modify it. Can't tell you how easy it is though since I've never messed with 3D/CAD programs like that.

github.com/tshort/dactyl-keyboard

Clears if you want tactile, blues (or better yet greens) if you want clicky

I'm unsure what the difference is between tactile and clicky, could you explain?

Got an IRC/Discord/whatever to talk?

Game for cash and/or trade if you're willing to work with me through a couple tweaks. Probably just a couple different angles and layouts (1x vs 1.5x) on the last column. Maybe something for the thumb.

If it's something that interests you as well I'd also be cool with assembling one for the cost of parts.

With tactile switches, you just feel a bump when the switch actuated. Clicky switches have that as well as a click noise (similar to the way a mouse button clicks)

Blacks will feel just like reds but with stiffer springs

Thanks, blues sound like the best fit for me then (I definitely don't like the feel of Reds at all).

Get one of the kailh box clickbar switches if you want a clicky switch that isn't dogshit like mx blues.

Attached: dsfsdfsd.png (1107x734, 1.22M)

>Group buy for something the chinese are constantly making
>Nothing special about layout aside from "standard" width alt and fn instead of 1u versions like on the tada
>For RGB underglow
I don't understand.

honestly get rid of all that shit in the OP and just paste this in every thread.
>topre is fucking trash, only good for no-hassle nkro and jerking off your efriends on plebbit
>every. single. cherry. switch. is. shit.
>literally the only good cherry style switch are gateron reds
>muh click and much taktile is a meme by people who can't rub two fucking braincells together. Plastic click jackets and plastic "tactile" feet feel exactly how it sounds like they do, plastic rubbing on fucking plastic
>box switches are shit other than the thickbars because they got the click to line up with the actuation point, have fun with fucking 75g switches in your basedboard
>any switch over 45g is going to cause long term damage to the very fragile and poorly lubricated joints of your fingers
>typing over 70wpm for long periods of time causes long term damage to the very fragile and poorly lubricated joints of your fingers
>building your own keyboard is more expensive, but you won't be stuck with niggershit switches.
>heavy linears feel mushy as shit

Attached: mpv-shot0021.jpg (980x1064, 146K)

>gateron browns
Muh nigga

Says the dumbass who can't screenshot-template=.
It's a horrible fusion of the K-Type and the Whitefox aimed at pissing off Input Club.

And they all have that shitty looking low profile case so the stems are exposed

Most of them are trending towards high profile.

Attached: GMK Serika.png (3000x2000, 3.27M)

are there any good boards that are recent?
I haven't seen much, but then again I haven't been on a lot of the forums and stuff, just here and r*dd*t desu

Are there any modern keyboard options with white alps switches? I want the snappiest, clickiest keys imaginable, but don't want to use an old ugly keyboard.

Alps SKCM whites were discontinued in 1996.

No, but box navy switches sound like they'll meet your needs.

Kira, Tokyo60, Rama M-60A, all the super expensive CNC customs I'll never buy, etc.

Attached: S-7 Elephant.jpg (1960x1308, 347K)

That's just what Input Club and now Massdrop trying to piss off Input Club do

Most groupbuys are one of two things:

Massive blocks of aluminium with no style and optionally a piece of acrylic in the middle for RGB around the edges

Barebones kits that use a pro micro and make everything out of PCB material screwed together by brass standoffs to be as cheap as possible

>Rama M-60A
>$360
Jesus Christ. Why are there no cheap HHKB layout boards?

kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/hhkb-layout-custom-assembled-mechanical-keyboard

Attached: KBDFans-tina.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Awesome. Just saw a comparison video and was surprised to see how muted Cherry MX Blues were compared to it.

I mean yeah, but it isn't too pretty.

Attached: 2018-04-27 02_01_20-HHKB LAYOUT 60% MECHANICAL KEYBOARD – KBDfans.png (1241x495, 238K)

> Got an IRC/Discord/whatever to talk?
[email protected]
Quick disclaimer, I've never actually worked on changing the physical layout of a qmk board, but I doubt it's too hard. I also have exams coming up in about a month but I'll do my best to fit in the time if needed

> If it's something that interests you as well I'd also be cool with assembling one for the cost of parts.
That actually does sound really cool, especially if you can source a case and all that (I don't really have a 3d printer I could possibly use). Although I would also like to wait and see if can get a 7-column layout whipped up

Box navy vs matias clicky, go!

>Although I would also like to wait and see if (You) can get a 7-column layout whipped up
Don't wait up for me m8. Probably not going to learn how to modify the model anytime soon.

Dammit, I'm counting on you here

Attached: cantbehelped.jpg (709x480, 63K)

Does Matias clicky have the same problem as alps where they start feeling like absolute shit as soon as there's a single spec of dirt in them?

Do you think you'll get around to it before the F77s ship? Or are you talking more like "I'll do it in a few years at best, and most likely never"

too many keys for me but eh simple.
Keys too.
Cherry MX-Green Master Race. Nothing like pulling this bad boy out when there Cherry MX-Blues near. It's not enough that my keys are heavier then yours, they also let you know they are louder too.

Never Learned how to correctly touch type in school from Mavis Beacan. So When I decided to learn C I Bought A couple dedicated keyboards with JIS Layout.

Was always a fan of the Happy Hacker but It wasn't available in JIS for me Eventually I found these.

Attached: Cherry MX Green INT.jpg (3000x2250, 2.23M)

>the absolute STATE of cherryniggers
Justify this.

Attached: cherryniggers.jpg (5393x1633, 1.28M)

greasy boi

Maybe if I find someone who'll buy my aluminum ergodox I'll bother. To be honest though your best bet is to either learn it yourself or try asking someone in the gh thread for help.

it's almost like that's why they updated the molds

>posting old molds

Yup gotta keep the thinkpad's Keyboard kosher.

Attached: TP and KB.jpg (3000x4000, 3.75M)

Holy smokes I missed you >guys.

Attached: new h.jpg (1800x1200, 628K)

Any black anons here?

>JIS
weeaboo trash

ok someone explain to me what is so great about the whitefox. The layout looks like some abomination where some 60% lover tried to make a new tkl but failed miserbly. I mean fucking look at that gap

Yet I see so much hype for this shit everywhere.

Attached: IMG_2674.jpg (4032x3024, 2.56M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

>this whole general

Attached: 1518545683886.png (233x216, 8K)

>says the guy posting a gaymer meme
go back to /v/ child

where's the magicforce miami keycap user. i love that kb and wanna show someone it

What is the dankest heavy switch. am indifferent between between clicky/tactile.

There are those switches that are basically buttons and take a fuckton of force
Otherwise there's super blacks or whatever they're called, and similar. Those are in the order of 250-500g
If you want actual switches for typing, get buckling spring, especially an older model M that starts at 80g and I think they stiffen a bit over time. Model F is danker but they're a bit lighter (around 70g I think).

It's a tada68 but marketed to onionboys

Overall or currently available? If the latter, Tai-Hao APC 280g are still on AliExpress

>280g
What the fuck

What's the closet keyboard you can get to the Rama M60-A? It's so sexy.

Attached: RAMA-M60-A-03.692_1024x1024.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

The whitefox was the very first 65% keyboard to enter reproduction. That's the only reason why it's popular, because it's old

The apple keyboard it's based off of

If you're good with a soldering iron you can save some money by instead of paying £80 on a 60% pcb and case you can buy a keyboard off ebay being sold as not working due to worn out keyswitches.
I just got done on this Cooler Master quickfire tk that I got for £30 due to a couple of faulty cherry red switches. I switched out the cherries with BOX Navies and switched the keycaps for some Chink KBDfans PBT ones.

Things to watch out for is keyboards with LEDs because they literally double the desoldering work you have to do and watch out for keyboards with retarded bottom row layouts that use a 6.5 inch space bar as they limit your keycap options. I was already aware of this with my board and got keycaps that accommodated for it.

Attached: keyboard.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

The off center printing on those keycaps triggers my autism

which apple keyboard exactly? I can't think of anything by apple that looks remotely like that.

must be some meme r*ddit switch, apparently it's the green one

Attached: fHD1tKp[1].jpg (4032x3024, 464K)

Why are box switches so popular? Someone explain the meme please

They use an innovative click bar instead of a jacket which alters the tactility and eliminates the rattle of a plastic click jacket.

I can't see it

A lot of his works are inspired by old apple products. In this case the m60 is based off of the m0110

>researched key switches, ordered a sampler with 12 that are suited for me (on the way)
>still have to consider the keyboard itself and then custom keycaps if I'm a ricer
I'm not even halfway there, am I?

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Why stop there? Why not hunt for rare keyboards and restore them?

Attached: 20180426_111541.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

Hello is it normal for some keys to be less clicky than others, and if not can I restore them?
t. outemu blue poorfag

Attached: 1522691902195.jpg (400x388, 28K)

The keys are supposed to have as little variation between them as possible. Sounds like low quality assurance from outmeu.

I just realized after months and months of comfy tipping on mechanical keyboards that they are just a meme poorly designed and the reason its only marketed to gamers proves it. Money spent on thins things is wasted money for a potentially perfect keyboards that addresses all the issues i noticed.

They are all to high, making them uncomfortable to type, throwing away the designed desktop standards where the height matters and forcing you to buy a wrist rest. It should be as flat as possible to minimize any type of issues that appear when you type in keyboard that's no high. Apple keyboards are shit, butterfly keyboards in general are shit but they at least addressed several problems.

The switch travel is to long 4mm, bottoming out is the major factor that gives your brain a overwhelming feedback that the key has been pressed, its not the meme browns nor a clicky nor le expert touch typist. If you switch to a shorter travel the failure rate will diminish and speed increase nothing to argue here...

Most switches make to much noise, noise equals to trash.

They don't fully utilized all gestures a hand can make, those switches only accept press down input and nothing more, knowing the gestures a phone can offer to the user and no one even though on implementing them is pathetic. The wipe feature for each key should be mandatory, giving you an easy access to below layers without having to cripple your hands and suffer emacs syndrome. Another feature could be press forward very self explanatory, with a proper key profile that enables you to do this without losing grip.

mechanical keyboards don't offer modern perks that are required on daily use, no touchpad, no mouse cursor, media keys, volume wheel, usb hub, card reader, microphone, nfc... being on the era where a modern devices only has a typeC connector one would assume that manufacturers would exploit this fact and shift all those missing features to an external device, BUT NO! still using 20 different dongles...

...The keyboard being the biggest devices could perfectly incorporate those perks and be the solution not just another piece of plastic...

Most of them are not even ergonomically designed, so you spend tons of burgerions on something that wont even be different that a standard keyboards besides the press key feeling? this is a joke! QWERTY layout is pure trash, fingers don't really align properly on it, you have to squeeze them in and the left hand keys don't make any sense, you torsion the wrist to reach hose keys twisting tendons in an unnatural form and then you have those thumbs that lay outside of your keyboard... those fingers should rest on top of a key not on your wrist rest god damit! Knowing for decades now that the natural resting position of your hands tends to be like an inverted V letter the keys should be oriented to them and not horizontally to your body then the default finger positions should be at least double the actual separation of two keys having to explain this at this point of the game demonstrates how brainwashed people actually are on traditions that don't make sense. Im not even advocating for split keyboards but at least those try to address some obvious issues modern keyboards still suffer.