Can you touch type, Jow Forums?

can you touch type, Jow Forums?

Attached: 6546fv865c.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

img.10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/1_9000_2394_0_2394_0_827_1
youtube.com/watch?v=KlJ8eTuFe9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah

Yes, since 1996

yup

I wish i could think type

yes, and getting blank keycaps really helped me learn

Why is Kaos such best girl?

Yes, but not on smartphones.

Help im having problems touch typing with one hand i often fuck up letters uiop and such that are too far for the left hand. Do i need to practice more or is there some trick that can help me pls.
Also reminder that two hand touch typing is pleb

is touch typing just typing without looking? if so then yes, and you don't need another term for that, it's just called typing.

I'd touch type ruki if you know what I mean

I touch type at 100-130wpm using the pecking method and I'm left handed

Best that for some autism, I only use 2 fingers (4 if you count hitting space and shift with thumbs sometimes)

I don't know if I buy this.
I'm not saying alternative typing styles can't be quick, but 100-130 wpm is very fast. Like, 70 wpm is "fast" in the real world.

I wish I could touch

Attached: 1456093304621.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

go on typeracer once and look at them scores

it's pretty damn common to type at that range

and get gud

yeah, sometimes I have trouble with the symbols though. I can't see my keyboard so sometimes I have to fumble to get the right key

Attached: 1504592683140.jpg (1613x1080, 93K)

130wpm is like rank 18 on the latest leaderboards though.

That's... actually pretty well done.

22wpm sometimes 38 wpm

Attached: 87dab8809e820f6d7a05579c25576cde.jpg (886x886, 113K)

Attached: Hello Darkness my old friend.png (199x211, 77K)

someone needs a handjob

what show is that?

>it's pretty damn common to type at that range
You are working with a sample of people who explicitly want to compete for high WMP. Take a statistics class you bozo.

What does that mean? If it means you an type without looking at the keyboard then of course.

You are dumb and I don't believe you type 130 wpm with 2 finger hunt and peck.

Never learned to properly touch type so I just developed my own style of typing over the years. Also wpm does not matter at all unless your copying down notes.

gotta go fast

Attached: 1_100_502_498_4_95_1_3.png (305x352, 7K)

the vast majority of people type while staring at the keyboard, desperately searching for each key and occasionally glancing upwards at their screen
and they're slow

touch-typing gets its own word for a reason

What kind of troglodyte cant touch type

Yeah, back in middle school we had to take a computer skills class where part of it was learning how to touch type. To this day I still sometimes mix up the symbols on the number keys though.

sauce mein negger

if youve been using a computer for more than 5 years you fucking better know how to touch type.

like what the fuck i havent seen anyone look at their keys since..middle school?

This.

The vast majority of people also don't post on Jow Forums. The fact that there needs to even be a distinction here is just proof that this place is 100% reddit at this point.

Yeah, I learned around 1990. It's not something you lose.

I type with 2 fingers on each hand. 80wpm max

they tried teaching us in grade school
I said screw them
my hunt and peck is the best
blazing through words at a whopping 40wpm
suck it nerds

i don't do so in the proper manner, but yeah
i never really saw the point of learning to use the home row. I was fast enough without it.

If you're under 30 and you can't touch type, you may just want to come to terms with your mental deficiencies.

Comic Girls. It's decent.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-04-25-17h15m07s775.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

yes, but i do get messy with it.

Attached: 1523104621469.gif (200x220, 122K)

Looking at the keyboard while typing makes you look stupid.

i can type without looking at the keyboard, but i can't touchtype

Sometime's when I'm typing, I get the urge to shitpost. Just type line after line of pure shit. What's wrong with me?

aight looks dope.

yeah since I was 5

Yeah but not very fast. I learned by typing in the dark.

Who can't touch type?

You?

My buddy can't. He has nerve damage in all but one of his fingers.
Feel bad for the lad.

yep, i even wrote this post with my eyes closed. no corrections.

owo

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-27_00-05-09.png (277x301, 19K)

If touch typing was a prerequisite to post on the internet, it would be a much better place.

Top 25% lads. Suck on that.

Attached: 1_48_245_239_6_48_1_25[1].png (305x352, 7K)

You missed the shift key.

We can tell that's fake because you took an actual screenshot instead of just clicking on the text that says "screenshot". A real image has a blue border.

Nobody's perfect. Least of which me.

I did say no corrections though.

must have missed it

img.10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/1_9000_2394_0_2394_0_827_1

Attached: 1_9000_2394_0_2394_0_827_1.png (305x352, 7K)

>he's not even over 9000
stay pleb

It depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I look only at the screen. Sometimes I look only at the keyboard. Either way, I never look between the keyboard and screen, and as my typing is fast either way, it doesn't really matter.
As long as it's fast and error-free, it doesn't matter how you do it. For example, I don't keep my fingers on the home row.

yeah

Attached: 1_82_409_409_0_75_0_7.png (305x352, 7K)

Dvorak and I'm barely even trying

Attached: 1_105_552_527_25_102_4_2.png (305x352, 7K)

is it more efficient to just move onto a new word if you make a mistake? I've actually been correcting things

string format is;
_______
it takes only numbers, including negatives

Can someone change this to say that her wpm hasn't gone up since the 4th grade instead?

Can you touch type with all ten digits?

Attached: DXyXtMOVQAAnIZj.jpg (836x1200, 124K)

>Correct words: 0
>Wrong words: 837

You mean all 12 digits.

Attached: 1520906824367[2].jpg (1200x1006, 106K)

I don't notice a lot of people who can't touch-type.

I remember learning the layout of a keyboard and having a practice keyboard in school when I was in the 3rd grade. I'm 28.

My mom hunts and pecks but she's 53 and didn't start using a computer regularly until 2012-ish.

107wpm on QWERTY, how do you feel now with your meme layout

109 now

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-27_10-07-43.png (567x753, 62K)

Best I’ve gotten on this website was 134. Did it in front of my parents and they were like “what the fuck, are there any jobs out there that would benefit from your fast typing skill?”
Anyways, I feel like those tests are skewed by how fast you can read in advance while keep tracking of what word your fingers are typing. I’ve always been a great reader, was forced to read books all my childhood so I can easily speedread.
Also, that website uses basic ass words, and no punctuation. I used a site that had advanced words and punctuation and I got around 90-100 wpm. Keyboard also makes a difference too, some keyboards have a retarded design(like ones that slightly incline) and my friends razer keyboard. I can’t type on that razer one for shit. It’s QWERTY but the keys are offset compared to 99% of other keyboards, so I’ll begin typing something and it’s completelt unintelligible

just did it right now. I think this is the only thing I'm good at.

Attached: Screenshot (44).png (1920x1080, 238K)

Doesn't matter because you shouldn't pick up bad habits just to inflate your scores on a specific typing test.

>Keep typeracer open for more than 10 minutes
>It leaks so much memory that the browser starts stuttering
>on a 16GB RAM machine

Attached: 1371538534011.jpg (500x333, 35K)

>105 when it goes smoothly
>sub-70 if I have to go back to correct even a single mistake

Attached: 1460086454180.png (526x452, 262K)

Shit, how does it even looks like to type at 130 WPM with 2 fingers? Wtf
Post webm dude

youtube.com/watch?v=KlJ8eTuFe9U

I learned how to touch type after playing a lot of old school MMOs like FFXI and PSOBB where you had to type during combat. I ended up transferring those skills to a data entry job. Boss was impressed during the interview that I could type 100+ WPM with no spelling mistakes.

What's baffling to me is that there's people who CAN'T touch type.
Like what the fuck? I didn't have anyone teach me how to type and I learned on my own. 110WPM on MX Red keyoard.
How do people not learn how to touch type after using computers for years? It's mind boggling to me.

Attached: 1368624929845.jpg (600x335, 36K)

> tfw ywn be a cute girl even after learning to touch type

The artstyle is so Korean, it hurts to look at.

It's mainly baby boomers that didn't grow up with computers and the new generation that grew up with touch screens devices replacing laptops/desktops.

Yep.

This was on an X1 Yoga. I want to try it on my Model M.

Attached: Capture.png (375x475, 27K)

>the vast majority of people type while staring at the keyboard
Proof? I must have been sheltered all my life. There was literally a touch typing class in high school we were shoveled through how is this possible in a country with public schooling (BTW American)?

yes

I can kinda do it most of the time. I've never used home rows or any of that shit though and I still only type around 80 wpm. I don't have to look though so I guess I'm a cool kid.

No i'm retarded

I started playing runescape/wow in like 4th grade(so 2004/2005) and in 7th grade, we had to take a keyboarding class. After those 3 years of MMOs I would literally finish the daily assignment in bout a minute or two, while everyone else was in awe at my typing skills and took the whole 40mins to finish. The teacher was some old white women and she was like “you’re a freak”. This was one of the only times I was ever superior to my classmates .

Same. I learned how to type from playing MMOs and easily do 100+ without much effort

flash2:wave2:selling lobsters 120 gp each [dr4gonblue7]
or my fav
red:scroll:b sale 150k no noobs

>tfw same runescape story
>tfw teacher would give me extra assignments if I finished early because she was retarded so I just finished the assignment when I noticed most other people finishing

>not recognising the 'gaping anus' red
user, I

Attached: baka.jpg (412x490, 57K)

Easily. Sometimes I'll keep typing even when I'm talking to or listening/looking to somebody. I may not have a lot of accomplishments to be proud of in my life, but my high proficiency in typing is at least one them.

Not really, only from muscle memory and even then I fuck up occasionally.

Same. I'm a pretty good typist but I'm pretty sure it is all from muscle memory.

What is touch type?
For the longest time, i was stuck on 54 but i got it to 58 couple weeks ago.

I would hope so

Attached: 1524857053175.jpg (4032x2268, 2.16M)

Basically, being able to type whilst looking at the screen, not the keyboard, at least for the majority of the time.