>2018
>xubuntu 18.04 released
> still comes with screentearing out of the box
How is this shit fucking acceptable in 2018? when will they fucking get it right? and im only using intel igpu, cant imagine how shit it'd be on an nvidia gpu, no wonder no one uses loonix

Attached: Screentearing,the-distro.png (186x186, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNuotRFDH7c
youtube.com/watch?v=0RvIbVmCOxg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/182801/why-is-video-tearing-such-a-problem-in-linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

echo -e 'Section "Device" \n Identifier "Intel Graphics" \n Driver "Intel" \n Option "TearFree" "true" \nEndSection' | sudo tee /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

wow that was hard

>How is this shit fucking acceptable in 2018
It isn't. Use MATE.

works on my machine

>screentearing
>uwu i need my scween wefweshed pewfectwy for my poor widdwe eyes

out of the box and without any changes? i doubt it, its always been shit, ive tried on amd gpu,nvidia and intel igpu, always the same shit

where do I find this button? I'm not really good at linux

I use Kubuntu because there are more 34 of Konqi than mouse-chan.

Bait thread confirmed.

I'm not OP I was just trying to show you why the year of linux will never come, the average joe doesn't have to know how to open terminal, google up commands to fix shit he has no idea what's called, and then fix it by himself

this obnoxious cunt of an OP is right, xfce is dead or close to.

No big deal, people will find other light-weight DEs, but I think a lot will simply migrate to tiling managers.

your average joe will literally neither know what screen tearing is or even care
these are the people who leave their widescreen TVs in stretch mode on 4:3 content because it "uses the whole screen"

You're right but consider that linux is for power users only.
and the only "linux" os that is really user friendly is android btw

>the average joe doesn't have to know how to open terminal, google up commands to fix shit he has no idea what's called, and then fix it by himself
Maybe if people stopped pandering to them and treating them like retards they'd learn how to do things.

should have used KDE like a three-digit IQ person.

xfce 4.14 will be released this year (don't remember the exact time of year) and it will have opengl compositing instead of xrenderer, just calm your tits and fix your problem with compton or nvidia-settings or intel's tearfree option. Or choose an even better solution and install openbox and compton and no DE at all.

>the average joe doesn't have to know how to open terminal
The average joe can learn. Manuals exist for every package - if you can read and type, you can use a terminal.

I moved to Ubuntu MATE 16.04 and never looked back.

Attached: 1804-final.png (1280x720, 160K)

even my kubuntu screen tore out of the box
literally just have to click 1 checkbox in nvidia settings. wew lad

>uce CLI
>no tearing

Attached: f9cd75d5c0936669bd75b74a9f4f2551.jpg (500x536, 89K)

I'm trying MATE instead. Lot more fluff out of the box but I'm liking it lots.

Hey, that was helpful, thanks. I had to write to a different directory, but it did work.

THERE IS NO TEARING IN LINUX IF YOUR DRIVERS ARE CONFIGURED CORRECTLY.

I do not know why people don't realize this, it is literally one google search to get rid of it.

> (OP)
>>How is this shit fucking acceptable in 2018
>It isn't. Use MATE.

/thread

>one google search
I swear I've tried every "fix" and nothing worked.

how do I get rid of the clock widget on the desktop in MATE?

the first thing I do when installing arch or xubuntu is installing compton.
It's a great distro for people running away from Windows.

The xfwm is the same. Probably will have a better compositor when it's done. Buy novideo if you want OOTB fix, but then you may get other issues.

I have tearing with Buntu gnome and a amd gpu.

Probably because it's pretty rare on windows. They will care when they see odd artifacts while scrolling a website.

That's because they're using Xfce 4.12 still. Xfce 4.14 won't be ready until the end of the year and 4.13 (which has a fixed xfwm) means using a non-stable build. You can manually update xfwm, or enable tear-free option for your GPU, or just install Compton and enable it.

You obviously haven't tried the easiest solution youtube.com/watch?v=FNuotRFDH7c

Thank you.

i have an nvidia gpu and experience tearing ootb in kde, mate, cinnamon and xfce. Gnome is acceptable. Using ForceFullCompositionPipeline drops frames like shit in everything.

Nvidia QUALITY drivers, switch to Intel or AMD it you want an acceptable experience on Linux

i said gnome is acceptable, and the performance is really good with nvidia/linux. I wouldnt buy a gaymen gpu if i cared about vsync though

Hello computer wizards.
I usually have problems with vertical tearing when using multi monitor setups on linux.
Is this a problem with XFCE's compositor?

>Is this a problem with XFCE's compositor?
Yes. Either upgrade to the dev build of Xfwm, or use the tear free option of your GPU config. Or follow this guide

nobody is developing this garbage anymore
>no changes to desktop
>tearing
>no minimal install option

How long until you can upgrade using the software updater?

wait for 18.04.1

how the fuck do you even fix the screen tearing if you have an nvidia gpu? installing the proprietary drivers gives me more problems than it solves

But I'm not gay.

It is easy to fix, just google it!
>inb4 then why they didn't fix it yet in the default install
Because they are Canonical, they are dummies!

>xubuntu
>they are canonical

Attached: hurr durr.jpg (274x321, 26K)

They are not? oco

>2018
>using Linux for desktop
>not having exactly the right hardware
Enjoy your tearing

If it's that easy, why isn't it out of the box?

Attached: 25e86d325f6ad812c8e68d26c4752ca5.jpg (959x1400, 288K)

!!!

NANI!?

OOTB, MATE tears on Intel integrated graphics too. It also needs what is posted here: This is the case with every DE and every distro I've encountered, except for Maui w/KDE.

Why install Xubuntu when you can just install Debian XFCE?

Attached: neofetch-2018-04-27-06-14-12-2178.png (1366x768, 549K)

>screentearing
wtf is screen tearing, i read faggots complaining about this but never seen it

is this what you kids call a meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=0RvIbVmCOxg

Attached: Example of tearing.png (1636x998, 37K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

Not like it's a new term, are you trolling?

Attached: 12096000_10153605277648607_650314116014498925_n.jpg (720x720, 56K)

i've never seen screen tearing in real life, what kind of shitbox are you faggots using

I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to fix this and havn't gotten anything. None of the amd drivers will install because my hardware is so old, supposedly.

Attached: 1517559421090.jpg (350x350, 20K)

I guess you place self importance on your OS and don't want to admit that it's a well known issue with X and a state goal of Wayland is to fix? I'm genuinely and regretfully sorry if post further farms your self-esteem.

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/182801/why-is-video-tearing-such-a-problem-in-linux

Attached: cray.jpg (640x537, 51K)

Not getting any on mine though my laptop is over 4 years old

Disable aero effects on your windows 7, kid.