Laptops have devolved into $2000 ultraportables with 15w cpu, 8gb ram and no IO or fat gaymer laptops

>laptops have devolved into $2000 ultraportables with 15w cpu, 8gb ram and no IO or fat gaymer laptops
>only half decent ones are $3000+ premium gaymer laptops that take a more professional aesthetic
>thinkpad x1 series is equally expensive

Attached: 1494698433905.jpg (896x921, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lenovo-20BG0011US-i7-4700MQ-Processor-Preinstalled/dp/B00HPR7K8Q
amazon.com/Lenovo-20KS003LUS-Thinkpad-8550U-1-8GHz/dp/B0795XL2KJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying new
dumb frogposter
amazon.com/Lenovo-20BG0011US-i7-4700MQ-Processor-Preinstalled/dp/B00HPR7K8Q

I need 8th gen i5 for h.265 encoding and decoding and a good quality screen to play it back on. there's fuck all available with those 2 things that doesn't cost 2x what it should with a bunch of useless gimmicks

bullshit
but why not just use a desktop? you do that shit while you are on the bus?
do you even do that shit professionally? or it to encode anime like a faggot and upload it to some torrent site?
Regardless of that, this looks ok: amazon.com/Lenovo-20KS003LUS-Thinkpad-8550U-1-8GHz/dp/B0795XL2KJ
And there are plenty of other models, you don't need to spend the ridiculous amounts you mentioned unless you are retarded.

How's being "ultraportable" bad?
Laptops are for being carried around. If you want a powerful PC buy a fucking desktop and stop being a retard.
"Affordable" laptops never were even remotely comparable to the desktops of the same price range, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>buying a laptop for anything but portability and battery life

Attached: 5JyI8Gi.png (731x881, 549K)

Of course I'd use a desktop if I was staying in one place with it you moron.
Because laptops don't have to be

>good quality screen

Those new laptops with with Nvidia GPUs looks very appealing, right now I have a GTX 970 with a 4690K which I paid like $900 back in the day, nowadays you can have a Laptop with a full size GTX 1060 with a i7-7700HQ at 3.8 like the Helios 300 which can be had for $1000, apparently.
I can't wait to see what Volta will bring to the table, instead of updating my desktop I might just buy one of those Laptops so I can take it with me and at home just plug in my external monitors and NAS if needed.

I hate how everything is so expensive. It's 2018. Computers should be cheap. No laptop should be more than $700

Attached: Fuck off Dell.png (907x659, 109K)

You're not getting a consistent quality screen out of any laptop for less than $1500. All of lenovo's 1080p non-touch panels are a lottery of varying levels of mediocre from various lcd panel manufacturers. I don't know if Dell or HP are any better.

If you're a poorfag, buy a decent used business laptop from Dell or Lenovo on ebay that's a few years old. Apply new thermal paste, toss in an SSD and more RAM, and you're good to go after spending only 300ish dollars. If you have a job, get the latest versions of these business laptops.

>upgradable RAM
>upgradable hard disks
>removable batteries
>built to withstand nuclear blasts
>made of high quality metal and plastic
>held together by screws
>barely and glue if any at all
>freely available maintenance manuals in PDF format
>can run Windows, Linux, and sometime OS X
Seriously, why aren't you using a business laptop?

Attached: 1507436213262s.jpg (221x250, 5K)

T420 master race checking in

Attached: 1517100469009.jpg (1024x991, 110K)

>4th gen
Why even bother

>encoding
>laptop
hahahahaha
it will melt brah.

Fanless apollo lake laptops are pure bliss. Silent, 10-12hr battery life, more than enough performance for working or streaming on the go, and they are cheap as chips.

Fuck off man. I welcome our new $200 overlords.

It's fucking bullshit. Crypto fucks fucked up the GPU market and the stupid fucking "gaymers" fucked up the Laptop market in turn, just look at the abomination that is Alien ware.

It's all fucking cancer, I wish computers were still for enthusiasts instead of these cucks

Nobody cares about battery life on laptops. The real deciding factor is power. We're all going to just connect them to a power point at work or uni.

Then even cheap laptops would be $2000+ if they weren't mass marketed.
The rest of the market shouldn't suffer for your inability to shop around.

With the way prices are going, PC gaming soon will be for enthusiasts only again. What opened them up to the masses was the prices going down a decade ago.

I put my laptop on a cooler.

Mass marketing is fine and good. But this "Gaymer laptop" shit has completely overtaken the traditional role of regular laptops with similar specs. Add the fucking word "Gaming" to it and boom, instant $400 fucking increase

what buy? im tryna get a cheap piece of shit machine that i can "forget' in the library and not give a fuck about it if it happens

so?
I've been using an 11 year old laptop as my main computer for over 3 years now and will continue to use it until the entire thing somehow breaks, so I'll be using it until I die

>what buy? im tryna

Stopped reading there. Learn to speak english you fucking retard.

again with this niggertier argument of
>MUH TDP
>MY INTERNET FWENDS TOLD ME THAT HAVING A U INFRONT OF THE CPU MAKES IT BAD
I'm done explain efficiency to you stupid faggots
keep stewing in your autism

Attached: 1524505100371.jpg (700x734, 107K)

>I put my laptop on a cooler.
this is what clinical retardation looks like everyone, take notes.

Hurr durr I'm retarded.

Stop trying to explain what you can't understand.

Absolutely do not buy any gaming laptops until you can get a kaby lake g.

go compare the latest U processor on passmark or whatever the fuck faggot benchmark you like to whatever autistic 35W cpu from 2006 you're using and post the results.

> from 2006
Why 2006? Even Jow Forums-tier thinkpads are from 2011.

take your pick then you mongoloid

When did computers suddenly get expensive again? Was it 2015?

Since applel created the premium laptop market

CPUs have become cheaper

>i5 2500k - 216 USD
>i3 8350k - 179 USD not adjusted for inflation

yeah and ram fucking quadrupled in price, even the fucking ddr3 sticks

Why can't all the ram producers just get together and agree to lower prices?

because they can get together and agree to raise prices instead.
Because we live in a consumerist society where people refuse to hold out on buying shit on principle, and will complain instead while they check out their carts.
enjoy

your just buying the wrong laptops and from the wrong places, i got an acer 8gb ddr4, type-c, 2xusb3, 2xusb2, vga, hdmi, dvd reader/writer, ethernet, audio jack, i5-7200u 2.70ghz, 1tb hdd, gt 940mx for 700 last year go acer laptops

and a few models up for 1100$ had the same ports and so fourth with 16gb ddr4, i7 3.0ghz, and a gtx 1050

Attached: Untitled.png (1477x875, 80K)

buy a p51 and an egpu.