Should Intel and friends worry?

Should Intel and friends worry?

Attached: Cover story.png (295x329, 114K)

>cover story
so what actually happened?

why would intel worry? they are stuck and lost the train anyways so who cares

$300 says they stole half the tech needed to be a viable competitor.
Even more on the fact that nobody will do shit cause china

No. They'll most likely get bought out and liquified

>supply glut
Considering that DRAM price fixing is going on, I will welcome a glut. Fuck those sneaky chinks and their trusts.

>what actually happened
They want to put in 300 billion to acquire top talent and build a domestic semiconductor industry. Lets see if they can do it.

I only see mediatek being somewhat decent. the rest are just arm copy pasting designer. They can only hope for arm getting mainstream and start competing in this field the already have a foot in, but it will not happen, for sure not in the next two decades

the chinese govt wont let this happen

>the chinese govt wont let this happen
Even more evidence that china was a mistake.

xi ji ping pong wont ever let something like this happen in his china. you can bet your hairy ass on this

No, the DRAM cartel should
China isn't behind DRAM price fixing, it has never been
South Korea, Taiwan and the US are, aka Samsung/Hynix/Micron/Elpida
Mediatek is one of the worst companies innovation-wise and they aren't even Chinese, they're Taiwanese
Zhaoxin, HiSillicon, whatever is called the Xiaomi one, and Spreadturn are chink
HiSillicon (is. Huaweii) has actually made decent stuff, and Zhaoxin is making competitive products from the stagnated VIA portfolio

>China isn't behind DRAM price fixing, it has never been
Chink is a general Asian term, its mostly the fault of south korean firms. US firms (I hope) know better than to mess with the feds.
That said, regardless of Chinese industry, china still was a mistake. They literally steal IP like crazy and don't give a flying fuck.

US firms don't know better, see Intel and the previous DRAM price fixing scandal when most firms were US based

You can steal current tech but you can't steal innovation. All china does is steal, duplicate and undercut.

This is not a sustainable system.

>the previous DRAM price fixing scandal
there have been so many that I dont know which one to search for. which year was it?

I cannot wait for a chinese collapse. It will happen in our lifetime. Its not a question of if, but when.

>HiSillicon (is. Huaweii) has actually made decent stuff, and Zhaoxin is making competitive products from the stagnated VIA portfolio

can you spoonfeed me with some examples?

They would need machines from ASML, Nikon and/or Canon to do it anyway. These companies are so far ahead and the technology is so complex that China even with a 300billion investment can't copy their efforts in a couple of years let alone decades.

China actually tried to copy a standard machine from ASML about 10 years ago. They bought a machine and stripped it down completely, they then copied every part and put that together, the machine did not work. They then reassembled the ASML machine and could not get that machine to work anymore. So even if they copy everything they still need to even get the knowledge to just configure these machines properly. ASML engineers actually does this for Intel, TSMC etc in their fabs.

All these Chinese can do is buy these machines and set up a fab. This does not make them self reliant and they will be at the mercy of the Japs(Nikon, Canon) and Netherlands(ASML).

ASML is top dog in this industry by miles.

I'm looking forward to chinkshit CPU and GPU

Arguably would have better thermals than intel since chunks would solder them.

> China is synonymous to one company I heard about 10 years ago
China isn't monolithic. It has scams and it has legitimate companies. e.g. Huawei phones and Soundmagic earbuds have impeccable quality.

They're so far behind that there's no way they can compete with the existing company's processes. Unless some big companies take a huge leap of faith to attempt to get them up to speed, it's unlikely they're going anywhere. Unless they just straight up steal tech and violate patents left and right. But who am I kidding, this is China, so of course they did.

Is that you Gordon Chang? Did they kick you off of all the cable shows so you're peddling your stuff here now? It's okay mate cheer up.

>e.g. Huawei phones and Soundmagic earbuds have impeccable quality

Yes this is true, but phones are already a commodity.

Chip machine are on a another plane of technological difficulty and innovation. In fact even Nikon and Canon are finding it difficult to compete with ASML while having more than 40 years of experience.

This. An entire PC built from cheap chink shit. The future looks glorious my friends.

You know it would at least make AMD and Intel attempt to keep up the pace with China. Even though I am heavily against Chinese products like Aluminum - I can't say I wouldn't buy one just to make our own brands rethink how much they're screwing over the world.