How bad is Spotify interns of privacy/botnet?

How bad is Spotify interns of privacy/botnet?

I'm just so tried of having my music locally and having to organize it all the time. I'm seriously considering getting Spotify after seeing my boyfriend using it. They have a linux client.

Attached: Spotify.png (1200x630, 7K)

Oh yeah and what are the alternatives to it?

You'll love it user. You'll love it so much that you'll be scare thinking about the end of Spotify. All those playlists, recs, library gone. . .

(((They)) know what music you listen and from what IP. Big whoop.

If you want privacy there's no other option than having everything locally.

I use mostly SoundCloud and YouTube. They're supported by youtube-dl so I often download stuff for my music player from them.

There's also MixCloud and you can use the Spotify desktop client for free and block the ads.

The free service is practically malware. They spy less once you pay up.

If you are buying prem lit no down side

They almost definitely sell your music listening profile to marketers

Are you gay?

Back on topic... There are Docker Spotify I which you might consider trying...

they aren't going to care. Install it on your PC, block the ads. enjoy music.

In terms of information they collect on you it feels more harmless than a lot of other services I use (such as google search, google maps, youtube, facebook).

They have your identity, ip adresses and music you've listened to. With GDPR doing it's thing I don't feel particularly troubled with Spotify.

How exactly do they have your identity?

>my boyfriend
this is bait
there are no women on the internet/using linux
there are no women that care about the privacy or the botnet

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

my mother actually does

not true, i know a girl that uses debian

He's gay, bruh.

I might've misused the word. I meant that they have your full name, adress and CC details.

They know what music you listen to now. You're done kiddo

How so? And how the hell could they get to know your name just by a card number? My experience is not like that... You're not obliged to provide a name and address.

Seeing how shitty their recommender system is I'd say they're not competent enough to be a threat.

Just make sure it's not linkable to your actual person you beta autist.

I guess it would be easy to buy a card anonymously with a fix amount of money and then just signing up to Spotify with a fake name.

I was just thinking from the perspective of your average user that just used their normal bank card.

I was pretty sure that any payment processor kan find out who the owner of a credit/debit card is (if not using the anonymous fixed amount one), but googling it I couldn't quickly find an answer so maybe you're right that they can't.

just read their privacy policy, mane

Attached: spotify.png (929x3157, 708K)

Have you heard of NewPipe? Don't be a faggot, OP.