Go’s new look and logo

JUST

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 17.08.15.png (1029x871, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFejpH_tAHM&t=11m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did that used to be the goofy little hamster thing?

It's a language designed to be a C++ "replacement" that is just another dumbed down language for retards who can't do C++.

It was. Now it's just soulless, boring, dull piece of thrash.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 17.12.44.png (1406x651, 240K)

Nah, it's just a popular languages for microservices since a lot of older startups are scaling up nowadays. It's Java without the verbosity.

cute

the gopher looked terrible though
you're only angry about it because you're afraid of change

I'd agree that this logo looks pretty bland and let's say... typical of contemporary design trends. But some of the fucking meltdowns I've been seeing over this is beyond a joke. I get that this space attracts some of the most insane autists out there but some of you fucking retards seriously need to take a step back and realize you are analyzing and spending way too much time complaining about the logo for a PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.

Attached: 1521255719696.jpg (399x384, 19K)

Muh soul
Muh normies

Retarded hamster was better.

The gopher will be missed, the new logo looks boring

Attached: usergroups.png (427x180, 47K)

>implying i can't make fun of go without gopher

And the gopher was designed by some nice lady Rob Pike fucked or is fucking. Same who designed Plan 9 logo.

>Speedlines
Even Jow Forums can make a better logo than that.

I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.

Now they only need to completely redesign the entire language, because

Attached: 1495314358756.png (300x441, 25K)

The logo is the least bad thing, the fact that they picked Work Sans and Roboto for the fonts is the real insult. The new website is probably going to be a javascript riddled mountain of shit.

very generic

It literally says on the picture that the gopher isn't the logo of golang but a mascot. It's not going anywhere.

You really are autistic if you'd rather use that stupid picture as a representation of a logo for a programming language. This isn't Scratch. It's not meant for children. From my observations, programmers are completely devoid of aesthetics and lack common sense when it comes to visual communication and user interaction (which could also be extended to a regressive verbal performance). Tomcat's logo is another great example that perfectly illustrates my point.

OH YOU

>C++
the dumbed down language for retards who can't do C?

The gopher is great and it made a point about Go's philosophy:
youtube.com/watch?v=rFejpH_tAHM&t=11m30s

>it's just another dumbed down language for retards who can't do C++
You say it like it's a bad thing.

It's much easier to pick up Go and get productive than with C++. Go's reduced feature set directs people to write simple idiomatic code as opposed to getting super clever with myriad features C++.

The new logo looks like a package delivery company, like UPS or DHL.

Fun fact: Gopher means "pocket rat" in German

Attached: go-dhl.png (482x165, 11K)

---Go

>go isn't meant for children

Attached: 1437349273585.jpg (610x625, 61K)

>Fun fact: Gopher means "pocket rat" in German
my sides

Attached: payload.jpg (450x450, 33K)

That Tomcat tiger is like a flag calling to the Pajeet Bannermen to commit there java enterprise code filled with public variables and weirdly named variables.

Attached: 600px-Tomcat-logo.svg.png (600x400, 38K)

I honestly don't give a shit about the new, or the old, logos. I mean, it's ugly, but who the fuck even cares about logos for their programming languages?

>The new logo looks like a package delivery company, like UPS or DHL.
lol

Go needed the new logo desperately, one that actually looks serious and not like a complete joke.
The gopher should still be used wherever possible as a mascot.

I like the new look. Still doesn't change the fact that, like Rust, it's a language nobody needs, especially after C++11/14.

Why the fuck am I supposed to care about the visual identity of a programming language?
Are you guys webshits?

God, this looks so early 2000s

100x better than 2017 flat & minimalistic meme

Why don't c++ faggots just define a superset of the language that solves 80% of the problems cleanly and clearly and stop using the 20% that confuses the shit out of people? Having 5 different paradigms intertwined into your language and libraries is fucking stupid.

t. never used Go

Because they can't break backwards compatibility with 90s completely batshit insane nonsense. They only barely managed to create a standard because they included EVERYTHING, kitchen sink and all. C++ is like a venn diagram of a thousand mutually exclusive paradigms and core language features.

Go is like C training wheels without any of the C. It's not bad, weans the pajeets off java.

t. I want everything to use 20x memory power trying to rendering each and every fucking button as a textured real world item ala early iOS
neck yourself.

Because unlike rust and go, C++ is used professionally. Good luck trying to rewrite Chrome or Photoshop in a C++ subset just because some retards can't learn C++ because it's too big and complicated.

if err != nil {

nough said

i like this one, the other looked like a retarted person and i felt attacked

nigga what?
we are talking about logos, not skeuomorphism.

Attached: over 9000 hours in gimp.png (660x316, 61K)

10/10 best logo

Logos now are actually logos. Logos should be simple and minimal, not flashy like a movieposter.

Wait, I don't think they're going to retire the gopher.
You'll never take my fav babby mascots away from me.

Attached: konqi.png (2082x3470, 646K)