7700k is now fucking useless for gaymes

>7700k is now fucking useless for gaymes
>after a fucking year

Lmao

Attached: Crysis_3_99perc.png (519x269, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/33568/gaming-and-streaming-with-amd-second-gen-ryzen-cpus
youtube.com/watch?v=aQnCRwFpgVs
youtube.com/watch?v=baGrlMvnQMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it always was, but back then they didn't want to admit it that an OC sandybridge is the next best thing the jewish r&d can come up with in early '17

Intel fanbois on suicide watch.

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. No CPU is useless for games.

Considering a g4560 will run any modern game fine with a 1050ti. Why is /v/ allowed in here again?

Wow three fucking milliseconds!!!!

For gaming even my Broadwell could last another 5 years.

games are useless
gamers are useless
gaming is useless

What is cpu used for gaming other than useless?

More than 60 fps is useless anyway. Gaymers are like but muh 300fps in CS:GO yeah faggot you will never be a pro anyways

And shitposting on Jow Forums isn't useless?

The 8700K is still king. But barely. Plus it loses out to 8 core Ryzen 2 In all other areas (Power draw is higher because 6+2 = more power but probably less than Intel's 8 core solutions).

i need to quit videogames

utterly useless

I need to quit Jow Forums

Good luck

At least post a link to the review, which was just posted today.
techreport.com/review/33568/gaming-and-streaming-with-amd-second-gen-ryzen-cpus

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-27 08-00-04.png (513x268, 14K)

whats the OP image referring to. you saying 7xxxk run 3ms slower to output image or some thing.?

>useless
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

What are you doing are, sóyboy?

>useless
Well, consider this: One of my nephews is currently gaming on a AMD A8-7600 with 32 GB DDR3 and a Radeon 7850 GPU (my old system). He does complain that both Fortnite and CS:GO start stuttering if he tries to stream while playing. It's just fine for regular gaming without streaming. The i7-7700K is likely totally fine for gaming too. I'll probably give that nephew a Ryzen 1600X with a RX 580 and that system will also not be "useless" for gaming even though it doesn't top OP's chart.

Is that figure included in the meltdown and spectre problems?
I'm not sure, Intel loss all credit already. Why fucking bother

TechReport are officially Intel shills, even more than Tom's.

I seriously doubt any Techreport bias matters at all. GTA V runs best on Intel+Nvidia. Seriously. If someone told me to build a gaming PC then I'd totally consider something like a Ryzen 1600X or 2600 on the CPU side and if it's not high budget a RX 580 GPU. But if you tell me you want a GTA V PC which will mostly be used for that then Intel+NVidia is the obvious choice. If someone benchmarks 10 games and AMD wins in 9 and the last is GTA V then Intel will win there. Always. That's just the way that game works for some reason.

Fortnite is stutter-ass unless you restart it every few games. He could also use GPU-encoding but the quality would be shit.

What a shit selection of games. Also he does not show viewer side streaming which GaymansNextAss did, clearly showing Intel to be a stutterfest. Even with lots of tweaking.

>new CPU is faster than old CPU
Stop the fucking presses

>tfw you've been here from 2004
50 years went fast am i right guys ?

Games don't matter anymore!

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

lyl you're here forever

I know right
2 milliseconds
wew lad it's slow

Kaby lake always was completely useless

If all you do is gaming, there's no reason to buy even an 8700K.

Attached: test.jpg (4771x859, 659K)

shut up goy

Yup, games are and will always be GPU bound. If you have a CPU from the last 5 years theres no reason to upgrade.

>32GB DDR3

Attached: 1495335944613.gif (500x333, 228K)

>being a ramlet

LOL ur a noob m8
U cant compare a apu to a high end mainstream cpu because of price
The problem with the 7700k is that it gets its ass kicked innew games like aco and bf1 mp and has no reserves for any Multitasking, considering that it was more expensive than a 16tryzen its a big fucking fail

Really? Because before my motherboard shit itself, I was playing GTA V flawlessly with a 4690k and a RX580 8GB, before that it was 2-7870XTs in crossfire and it worked flawlessly as well
Replacing my 4690k and Z97 with a 2400G and the same 580 and I doubt I'll have problems their either, so there goes your dipshit theory

no it won't stupid noob

>Replacing my 4690k and Z97 with a 2400G and the same 580 and I doubt I'll have problems their either, so there goes your dipshit theory
Why would you do that are you retarded? Its no Performance gain

The core IPC on a 4690k is less than that of the 2400G, so it's still an upgrade
Also I wanted an iGPU incase something should happen to the GPU because being without my battlestation sucks

>2600k
I hope you don't want NVMe, or to boot from a drive larger than 2TB

This thread is like a room full of niggers chimping out because they know they punched a white guy on the nose and they feel good about that but they forgot that the guy they punched on the nose was the sheriff and sooner or later him and his deputies are gonna come and shit on them

Wtf is that logic
If you concerned about your rx580, than undervolt it, dont buy a apu that can barely handle trash games like cs go and dota on max, thats a massive downgrade from you gpu.
Also if you replace a cpu replace it with atleast 6 cores so it doesnt get obsolet in upcoming and new games like aco or bf1 mp
Do you have asperger Syndrom?

>I hope you don't want NVMe
a SATA SSD is enough
>or to boot from a drive larger than 2TB
That's a BIOS limitation. All motherboards in the last 6 years or so have UEFI firmware.

I'm impressed.

Why in the HELL does an A8 have that much RAM?

Its an apu u tard

How did you fucking know? Are you psychic?

Not the point of my post. Yes, GTA V is pretty old and it runs fine on most hardware these days. If you look at benchmark numbers with maxed out settings then yes, intel+nvidia wins every time in that particular game. Doesn't mean you can't play it just fine on most computers. I'm just saying that it seems to make intel+nvidia the winner every time even if it's against amd tech that wins in all the other games. It's just something I've seen time and time again.

if you never plan to use anything more powerful than 1070, then yes.
But some people actually get beefy GPUs
So showing that the CPU doesn't matter as much when you are GPU bottlenecked is like a "well duh" kind of thing.

Why do I NEED to have 6C/12T? I'm not doing graphics work or media work at all, right now I'm doing schoolwork, shitposting, and gaming
Besides, if I want to upgrade in the future, it's not like I'm locked out
Maybe because the reviews are biased?

nah, ever single review ever isn't biased. It's just that particular game that's somehow heavily optimized for intel+nvidia and not optimized on AMD. These days you get 60fps at sane settings on any computer so it doesn't really matter. But it does make AMD lose every time in - again - every single benchmark. Doesn't matter who reviews it.

I do understand this logic. Something happens to your GPU and you have an APU/iGPU then you're still able to do stuff. Intel really does have an advantage over AMD there, every product from them has an iGPU. Sad that AMD doesn't do this (motherboards mostly have video outputs). I wouldn't care if the 1600X just included something that could barely show a 2D 1080p desktop if it came with a graphics chip. That would be enough to open a web browser and order a new GPU - and check mail and other basic things while you wait.

I agree with you on that. A basic iGPU would make everything a bit easier so if you get nothing on the display you can check that the system is working even if the dGPU is not.

This motherboard/RAM/APU combo was bought way back when RAM prices were different. That 32 GB probably cost me what I'd have to pay for something like 8 or 12 GB DDR4 RAM today. I was running some server stuff that required lots of RAM and SSDs and not much CPU. The reason my nephew has 32 GB today is that .. well, why would I pull DDR3 RAM out and keep it? I just put it in another box and slammed on a 7850 and installed wintendo and he was good to go

>a SATA SSD is enough
10Mb ethernet was once enough too.
>BIOS limitation
Assuming you have a *77 chipset.
Most people who purchased a 2600k would have bought it before Ivy Bridge/*77 were released.

??? 7700k is going to outperform 2700x in a handful of AAA(should lose in well threaded games like crysis 3, watchdogs) and massively outperform in all the games that people actually do play(Battleroyale trash, WoW, OW, CS:GO, Dota2, Rainbow six siege, warframe).
I'm using a 7700k delidded at 5.1ghz with ddr4 4133 for 1080p and I really hope zen 2 can outperform it so I can upgrade but I doubt it. 7700k and 8700k will be the best 1080p chips for a long time to come.
People running 1440p, 4k, at any refresh or 1080p at 60hz would be retarded to not go with zen atm though, they're going to stay relevant for a long time and run really cool at 4ghz.

i bet my ass those intel cpu werent tested with the meltdown patch applied

>2666 on 1800x
who's the retard who tested this?

(((Jeff Goldstein)))

That's the rated speed.
I ran my 1600x@2666Mhz ram.
I run my 2700x@2933Mhz ram.

With 3200Mhz Ripjaw-V 3200 CL-14 ram.
It used to be the case that the memory controller was off ship. But now it's part of the CPU. So the moment you run it higher, you're basically overclocking your ship, which voids the warranty.

Now you can mitigate most of it by adjusting timings. I run 2933Mhz 13-13-13-32-42 instead of 3200 14-14-14-34-48 on XMP profile.
Any toddler with basic math knowledge can figure it out.
Wins me 2.5% average over default 2933.
It also means I would gain nothing in latencies by going 3200Mhz XMP.
It's just throughput limited.

7700/k is still fine for people that want to play games.
Ryzen 1600 is still fine for people that want to play games.
8700 is still fine.
Ryzen 2600 is still fine.
Everything is fine, they all work. Everything is fine. Everything is fine except Jow Forums, lets all agree to not shitpost amd vs intel and mac vs win vs linux bait threads anymore. It was fun and we've all had a jolly good laugh, but that's enough.

Attached: 124440576732.jpg (225x271, 12K)

8400 is btfo ryzen heh

no it isnt

fuck you

>which voids the warranty.
what, 3200C14 at 1.35v?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, not at least for my flare X kit that's rated for those speeds/voltages

You're holding dear to a minutia, unnoticeable real-world performance difference. As you grow and develop such matters will no longer seem important. I'm not angry at you - only a mad man is angry at those for not surpassing their capacity - merely saddened.

Attached: 1271509272747.jpg (460x500, 50K)

Haven't tried it.
Waiting for Zen2 and default 3200.
I'm pretty sure it could run it, as this is B-die stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQnCRwFpgVs
>the 1050Ti is actually holding back the G4560 in some games

3200C14 at 1.35(or 1.3) is default XMP profile(usually 2) on most motherboards, that's why running 1800x at anything lower is stupid.I mean yeah, obviously it doesn't really matter that much in games but still, there's no downside about using it

There is, and that is warranty.
Ryzen 1 was rated for 2666Mhz, and now it's 2933Mhz on Zen+.
I'm pretty sure it would run XMP, but I choose not to, because I've been fucked by jewtel before.

well it ultimately depends if the kit is advertised to run at those speeds.Since mine are, i don't see a reason why not to

what is comparison?
7700k still lost.
lol

I'll repeat.
Nowadays, the memory controller is part of the CPU.
It wasn't always the case, but no it just is.
It means running above rated speeds on ram counts as overclocking the CPU. Therefore voiding your warranty.

Damn might actually have to go AMD when I finally upgrade

Why not is because you can't. Not on all systems, anyway. My board+Ryzen 2400G will absolutely not run above 2666MHz with four sticks. No. No way. Populate just one of each channels slots and it'll happily do 2933. I'm fairly sure ram-lets don't know this.

well i haven't seen that you mentioned 4 sticks and that's 100% the reason why you can't.

>2700x beaten by i5 8400

aaahHHHAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHHAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=baGrlMvnQMk

Any recent duo-quad will run any modern game at top settings with a 1060. The 1050 is fine and suffered less from cyrpto hikes.

It was clear. The 7700K marks the end of the quadcore era.
Then try to run games like FFXV or AC:Origins, enjoy your 30 FPS.

>lower is better

>american education
lmao @ ur lyfe

>reddit spacing

Well consider this: I said no CPU is useless for games.

your nephew is spoiled and doesn't realize how good he has it

>a g4560 will run any modern game fine with a 1050ti.
neck yourself you autistic mouth breather

Attached: 1425532164337.png (1052x997, 1.69M)

>Techreport
Fuck off Jeff, that site went to shit after wasson left

Attached: 435345235.gif (160x160, 704K)

It is because GTA V is hilariously single-threaded and 8400 wins by pure clockspeed like its greater brethren.

8400 falls behind if you were to tax most if not all of the cores. Intel didn't want to make 8400 too good.

Shitposts are useless
Shitposters are useless
Shitposting is useless

What is cpu used for shitposting is anything else other than useless?

Dips to 75fps in Crysis 3.
Much useless.

graphics works needs single core performance, it doesnt benefit from many core designs

>tfw 7600k
fuck my shit up

Why the fuck they use renderfarms them?

>by pure clockspeed
what is surprising to me that 8400 doesn't have a clock advantage anymore since for the most part it runs @3.8, even ipc*clock is lower now compared to Ryzen 2 running 4.3+.
Yet it still pulls ahead in a lot of games. Is ryzen infinity fabric that bad?

no, that's intel bribing and cheating

GTA V always loved Intel + Nvidia in benchmarks. You could probably throw a Intel 2600K + 1060 3GB in there against a 2700X + Vega 64 and still win.

nah its just that much better. if ppl are gonna game then its a great cpu for that job.
Although ~10% difference in fps doesn't matter much with the likes of free/gsync.

>lower RAM clock speed results in faster frame time
>higher RAM clock speed results in more FPS
can someone explain to a brainlet how this works

Attached: 1507075778638.jpg (1024x595, 97K)

>nah its just that much better
yeah but why? What's the reason?
before it was - "yeah it runs faster and has better IPC, so it's understandable why it's better in games". Now it doesn't make sense.

>I hope you don't want NVMe
>or to boot from a drive larger than 2TB
Pretty fucking sure a person with a 2600K that actually use aP67 won't be using a 4TB NVMe as their boot drive.

One example I can mention is that Ryzen some times get better frame times with tighter timings.
3200Mhz CL14 will do better than 3600 CL16 and so on.
It's not a rule though you have to look at the individual chips and see.