Thoughts on OnePlus 6/OnePlus?

Thoughts on OnePlus 6/OnePlus?

Attached: OnePlus6case-580x358.jpg (580x358, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/carl_pei_deletes_learn_to_love_the_notch_tweet_after_outcry_from_fans-news-30329.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Glass back notched trainwreck

I liked them when they started out as budget phones kinda like the nexuses, but at 500 bucks it's just not worth it over another chinkphone

notchs are worse than blue haired feminists

>notch
>no expandable storage
Only reason to even consider OnePlus is the relatively quick software updates.

Might as well switch to Nokia

What's the point of a notch? Its bezels thick enough to fit camera and speaker.

there was the oneplus one, and then thats it

why do people hate notches? it's not like it's intruding on screen space, it's increasing it.

Too expensive and follows trends instead of being the flagship killer.

They have become their own worst enemy.

Why do so many manufacturers keep insisting on doing things their customers clearly hate like removing 3.5 mm jacks and adding notches?

they aren't removing the headphone jack and how do you propose you have an edge to edge display without getting rid of the front camera?

1. I said "manufacturers" not OP specifically
2. Edge to edge is just a marketing gimmick. They can't really innovate so they fall back on easily marketable BS like a 90% screen to body ratio which just makes the device more fragile.

Also customers are extremely vocal about hating the notch and yet companies keep pushing this shit because they listen more to their marketing team than their own customers.

That stupid faggot Pei even tried to Tweet @ people telling them to "learn to love the notch" but the backlash owned him so hard, he deleted the Tweet.

gsmarena.com/carl_pei_deletes_learn_to_love_the_notch_tweet_after_outcry_from_fans-news-30329.php

The absolute worst though has to be LG's dumpster fire of an atrociously named handset: the LG G7 ThinQ with a notch so fucking pointless that it'd have a higher STB ratio without the notch and simply making the top bezel thick enough to house the front cam

Attached: lg-g7-thinq-front-980x584.jpg (980x584, 65K)

Its already 2018

only grandpa will buy Nokia

HMD era Nokia makes practical handsets with audio jacks, SD card trays, stock Android, and fast updates

LOL grandpa nobody wants to buy dinosaur branded like nokia..

go back play snake on ur phone grandpa

Attached: DbjljF3XkAIuSJ_.jpg (1200x901, 149K)

They went full retard.
OnePlus used to do good phones. I have an OP3 and do love it.
Their last good one (physical design-wise) was the OP5, except they fucked up with the screen upside down. After that, they released the 5t with the finger sensor BEHIND, meaning it cannot be activated on the desk anymore, it needs to be lifted from the fucking desk.
6 goes full retard with the notch. They should just off themselves at this point.

Attached: 1517971085624.png (1242x585, 699K)

I'll smash my old Nokia 6600 through your faggot box frame glasses and your faggot glass back phone, then set it to vibrate and shove it your mom's ass so hard that your dad will feel it

Just because a few people moan on Twitter, doesn't mean they won't make a bundle on the phone

Has a notch which makes it absolute garbage.

A FUCKING NOTCH

Phones are finally starting to look like the "leaked iphone 5" videos from 5 years ago

Keep dreaming Carl. Learn to love my nuts.

Attached: b5fad21df77c2da6fd2409e8d451db48.jpg (355x520, 22K)

>notch
no come on oneplus you've always been the phone for people who don't like the gimmicks of more mainstream phones, don't fuck us
t. oneplus 5

Given that OnePlus is bad, is there any reason for me to buy a phone that isn't a Pixel?

They're done for. Just accept it and move on. That's the beauty of competition. You don't have to be staked down to the whims of your ecosystem (yet) like iPhones. Nokia, Motorola and Xiaomi can easily fill that niche.

Frugality. Pixel are luxury items not actually competitive when price is taken in consideration.

Google is a big brother company, doesn't have expandable storage, I'm pretty certain the pixel does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

without sounding like a mug it's kind of sad, oneplus came out as the phone for people who like modding phones, easily rootable and customizable, it's even got tons of tweaks out of the box

Glass backs suck

>>>trash/
Just buy the 5t.

When you get sentimental over a consumer product, there's a blurred line where you start to make compromises for the sake of holding onto love for a company that just makes it easier for them to fuck you in the ass.

>glass backs suck
What an understatement. They're MORONIC. You'd have to be a fucking RETARD to build a phone with a glass back. Weights a lot, shatters easily, doesn't dissipate heat.
But it's pretty... not. It just makes you look like the retard you are, if you buy one of these.

Does a glass back have any advantages at all?

It allows for wireless charging, but in that case I'd rather just have a plastic back. Plastic can be done well, but people associate it with "cheap" so it fell out of favor at the high end.

Meme """wireless""" charging.

Agreed. OP5 is my first but it looks like it'll be the last too.

I'm not sentimental to the point I'll make sacrifices, it's more I'm sad to see a company that I thought was making positive steps start making negative ones

I have a wireless charging dock in my car and it's great to just get in, set the phone down and not have to fiddle with wires when getting in or out.

Wireless charging and it gives a classy feel compared to plastic or steel

Hopefully that'll mean some other company will fill the void.

I'd argue that the HTC One M7's aluminum frame was classier than any glass back I've ever seen.

Attached: M7Silver_zps04de0091.jpg (768x909, 142K)

yeah I hope so too, might even be better but the thought of no company doing it is a sad one

>beats audio logo
Lol seriously? I'd be too ashamed to own one of these.

All the idiots who think OP6 will make a killing with a glass back notched phone that'll probably be their most expensive handset to date should see what headline just dropped lmao

Attached: Screenshot 2018-04-27 at 6.24.37 AM.png (1200x700, 133K)

Literally all they had to do was make a 5.15 inch one plus 3t and they would have made billions on the handlet market. Fuck just make a one plus 3t plus/compact with a bezelmeme ratio and mordern specs and they would have won. Throw in a premium ceramic and saphire one and they would have been pioneers. But unfortunately like typical chinks they can't fucking think for themselves.

All the chink do is me2. They indeed can't think for themselves. These days, they even clone before something is confirmed successful (gotta be fast!).

You would be wrong, though.

You're describing the OPX and it did not make billions.

What else am I supposed to get for timely updates of lineage os? The LG V20 is kill

Xiaomi made MIX which proves that you don't need a notch to get more screen space.

>how do you propose you have an edge to edge display without getting rid of the front camera?
Xiaomi Mi MIX / MIX 2

I'll wait for the 7. Hopefully they get their heads out of their asses by then.

Bought a 3T and I'm loving it so far except randomly I can't use any Bluetooth headset without the guy on the other side hearing all static.

>only buying the newest new

Attached: 1524765771206.png (1972x1354, 2.07M)

notch/10

I bought a one plus back in the day when they were cheap. Now they're just shitty bootleg iphones that are only slightly cheaper than most. All phones suck.

Got my OP5 solely for custom ROM support. I have no attachment to the brand other than that.

RIP oneplus

OP6 will flop hard, just like 2 did. Seems like one wake-up call wasn't enough. At least it still has 3.5, so it's not completely useless.

I hope it does with all my heart, same for any other notch phone.

I'm almost certain it will.

Attached: Untitled.png (1520x152, 8K)

They were always copying Apple, what's the problem here?

Why does it need to have an edge to edge display?

Honestly, it's the best phone so far, especially with the keyboard cover.
Anything else is just retarded

Attached: Keyboard-Cover-1.jpg (1592x1061, 228K)

fucking gay

OnePlus...never again.

Fuck that company.

"Apple makes money, so that must mean this is what people want" - Clueless executives

So I got a 3T couple of years ago, what's the best mid-priced phone now?

Why did OnePlus abandon their niche? Their entire business model was the offer excellent specs and software integration for a midrange price

Looking forward to it. I keep my phones for a long time, and OnePlus seems to be the preferred phone for rom developers now. Along with project treble, the OnePlus 6 should last me as long as my current launch day Nexus 5 phone