/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/YyH02Mgd

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Prev:

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 12.38.44.png (1298x2130, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Topping-NX2s-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B074W53BNG
westone.com/store/music/index.php/um56-custom-adapter-vinyl
youtube.com/watch?v=2ulsCVEhHeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't get it.

Just saw it on the internet and thought it was appropriate.

Bose, not even once.

I wanna lick his feet.

>man wants to suicide
>man constructs a scenario that is impossible to disprove but will allow his family to sue and settle against a large brand for huge amount of money
>man executes said scenario

well done brother. i hope you find peace at last.

You have been visited by Headphone Jesus. Wooden cups and smooth treble will come to you but only if you post "Thank you Headphone Jesus" in this thread.

Attached: 1524643783799.jpg (6000x3376, 2.24M)

Healthy young sóyboy buys Bose headphones, gets pumped with massive shot of low-fi audio, doesn't feel good and changes - TINNITUS. Many such cases!

>listen to headphones too loud because bose audio is just that good, makes you want to pump it up
>blame bose for being too good it made him pump up the volume
yea I don't think the average person can handle bose hifi

Only shit headphones need to go louder to feel good.

hmm nah

My brother gave me that Logitech g633.. why must It be so tight? Also its like those ear protecion muffera from 3m, whenever i speak i hear more myself inside my skull than anything else.. trying to sell it atm. Seriously, test headphones first.. i think I will take quite time before changing my comfy Philips shp2000.

My 1990 came

Attached: 1506661735559.jpg (2400x1600, 2.99M)

>mfw had tinnitus since I was 10

what is a mfw?

Lots of people have it. I think the people that kill themselves over it are just unstable.

okay

theres different degrees of it, I have a light ringing but my grandma who was a farmer has severe ringing at all times from being around heavy machinery so long. also noise canceling headphones are supposed to be really bad for causing tinnitus since they stress your ears so much.

>Seriously, test headphones first
I have to take a risk every time that I buy headphones because no store lets their customers try them out in Portugal. Most won't even take them back during the 15-day return period due to "hygiene concerns".

my face when

read reviews m8o, most headphones aren't shit anyway.

Yeah, I make sure to read thoroughly about them before taking the plunge.

I can get a Fiio e10k for about $20 more than this: amazon.com/Topping-NX2s-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B074W53BNG

I like the design and size for this better though. Does it look like there's anything wrong with it for PC usage?

Attached: 4361874854.jpg (2048x1490, 490K)

No, he had to turn UP the volume because bose audio is that bad. Everyone knows adding volume to sound gives off the impression that it sounds better.

>Budget
2000 SEK (230 USD) flexible
>Location
Swedistan
>Source
Phone, portable game consoles
>Type of headphone
Over head
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Maximum comfy
>Sound signature
Anythin except bright
>Past headphones
Soundmagic earbuds and steelseries gaming headset

Attached: image.jpg (873x873, 872K)

Seems one of us already reviewed it

Attached: 1522065437645.png (1680x546, 137K)

Anyone know of a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that do the custom fit thing etymotic does with thier wired ear buds?

Who do I pay to draw me an animu girl with my headphones?

Go find someone on deviantart, I'm sure there are plenty.

>severe ringing at all times from being around heavy machinery so long.
Like the people that don't care to wear hearing protection when shooting guns. What could possibly go wrong.

If you don't have some kind of tinnitus you probably live a shitty boring life. Excluding 3rd world.

Reminder to not destroy your eardrums with >80dB audio.

This is why I'm scared of getting an amp. One flinch and I'll die.

Who wants to live to be 60 anyway?

I hope you enjoy them. I sure am.

This

Attached: 1524528429396.png (1522x1770, 507K)

I mean, as long as you're not blasting your shit for hours upon hours at a time you don't really have anything to worry about.

/aco/?

Like the Westone UM56? That one only works for narrow nozzle sets (Ety, Shure, Westone)

Eardrums grow back. A doctor told me an amusing call received late in the night about how some associate ripped out his patient's eardrum out of his head. He got better.

I have tinnitus but only notice it with pure silence.

Meh, you can let it control your life or you just ignore it. Funny thing is when you ignore and think about other stuff the sounds seem to go away.

There are way worse problems then having this,

eardrums do grow back but there's plenty in the ear that can be permanently destroyed

>Eardrums grow back.
Why does everyone think that eardrums are the victim of loud noises? Barely anything happens to eardrums usually. The problem is that the eardrum transfers energy to the cochlea - the inner ear shell shaped organ - which is HIGHLY sensitive and degenerates over time anyways. When THAT is damaged, there is no going back, and that's what sustained high dB volume destroys.

I need bluetooth closed back headphones that sound decent and don't let me look like an idiot at work.
(active noise isolation is a big plus)

Are the Sennheiser Wireless Momentum 2.0 (Over Ear) my only option?

Attached: sennheiser-momentum-2-wireless-over-ear-headphones-review-IMG_7432-5.jpg (1200x800, 174K)

I'm sure you can ask Westone to adjust the nozzle to fit any IEM.

>inner and outer hair cells.
I know, I just like the anecdote. They do burst under intense sound.

everybody who constantly comes here asking for shit bluetooth recommendations needs to be publicly executed via gunshot to the head

This, listen to an album and you're fine, listen all day and you're fucked.

Keep your active listening sessions short and loud and your background music at a comfortable level.

This is common fucking sense.

Pressure damages ear drums not sounds it is silly.

it's perfectly fine to listen to music all day, you just need to keep it to low levels. it's the same as hearing anything else all day. an album a day too high volume will do it to you as well.

I'm not asking for "muh amazing sound"
I'm perfectly aware that bluetooth headphones won't sound as good as dedicated normal headphones and a proper dac& - but that's not the point

I simply can't deal with a cable dangling down while working - it kills my concentration and is uncomfortable

h-how do I know if I am listening to >80 decibels?

My DAC doesn't have an indicator

Attached: 1515766967711.jpg (657x527, 65K)

you dont even want to be close to 80, make it so the volume you're hearing is around the level of somebody speaking normally

Right in my ear?

I'm looking at the westone site and I'm not really seeing a custom ear option. With the etymotic wired ear buds I went to a audiologist and they silconed my ears and used that for the ear peice. It was by far the most comfortable ear bud I ever had. Wish they offered a Bluetooth option, I'd just buy them again.

make it so the sound your hear from your headphones is the same sound as somebody standing a normal distance from you talking at a normal volume

at arms length

Tricky to do often I can't hear someone talking to me if I am listening to headphones but that might be because they cover entire ear.

how autistic are you that you really can't figure out roughly the volume of normal conversation

Bose QC35

Attached: ss+(2018-04-19+at+06.34.12).png (1047x702, 72K)

quite autistic

All headphones will give you hearing damage if you listen above a certain dB threshold for long periods of time. In workplaces employers are legally obligated to to keep workers' sound exposure level below a certain amount, just like how how radiation exposure is limited in the nuclear industry

Attached: 1518553764009.gif (360x240, 1.27M)

westone.com/store/music/index.php/um56-custom-adapter-vinyl

Will that fit any of thier in ear buds? Like the w10? It's gonna end up being close to 500 with the ear buds, the custom fit ear peice and the blutooth adapter. That's getting pricy!

ubanis

Hey guys. Opinions?

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

It's a bit late for our opinions now if you already ordered it.

what is a dedicated DAC that has xlr balanced output that isn't schiit

You should be able to use it with other IEMs as well as Westones. It's just a tip, rather than a full covering a la Sensaphonics or ACS/Etymotic.

what do you want, people to praise your purchase prowess? buypig

dubs of duh, I guess we could say return it? refuse delivery?

>Opinions?
I think you're annoying.

Nope. Opinions on the headphones. Silly.
Opinions on the headphones. Silly.

Attached: Front_off_stand.jpg (1500x1125, 142K)

Nothing cheap worth mentioning.

HD 569 Cute feet ;)

what amp will you power them with?

garbage

God I want her to force her toes down my throat.

i see this post in every hpg thread
my opinion is that you should get a life

That's not how it works. It take sustained high volume to cause damage. Watching one loud movie or listening to one album loudly is mostly fine.

Fucking nice. They are some of the best looking headphones period. I'm going to pick up a pair at some point I think. You can really see how nice the build is in that pic.
Apparently you can get a set of dt1990 drivers for like $150, I read about some people doing that and throwing the drivers in a used dt990 body.
Buy a decibel meter. I'm definitely going to. I think I probably listen a bit high probably about 90db but some headphones sound like shit at different volumes.
Nice planarmagnetic orthodynamic is super duper a++ good choice!!

Attached: hd65-.jpg (2280x1286, 1.23M)

Attached: 1503176029491.png (534x419, 249K)

absolutely not true. go shoot a gun next to your ear and find out very quickly that it doesn't matter about it being sustained. a loud album per day will destroy your hearing.

>It take sustained high volume to cause damage.
How the fuck can you be this ignorant?

remember to buy Sennheiser and Schiit goy.

Sennheiser, Schiit, and Stax. What is it with the letter S and Shilling?

Shekels
youtube.com/watch?v=2ulsCVEhHeQ

Akg12pro or hd650/6xx

Again. Opinions on the headphones. Not that hard.
Magni 3. Gonna get a bottlehead crack.
What you think about me don't mean that much to me.

Attached: Wife.jpg (563x842, 133K)

712*

650 is just a ridiculously good headphone if you don't listen to music with a lot going on in the subbass. If your music is heavy on subbass the 712 is probably going to be the better choice but some people really dislike it's treble.

He would still be alive had he bought an Sennheiser hd600 instead.

650/6XX along with EQ

What if I'm listening to "loud" music?

lol of course you would buy schiit too wouldn't you you stupid fuck

are you basedphone people not manly enough to use real listening devices aka stereo speakers?

I also have HD600.

Attached: 1491826900189.png (329x329, 137K)

in order to get the same quality sound from speakers as you get from headphones you have to spend 5-10 times as much. you can spend 10 grand on headphone gear and have perfect sound which is impossible to get on speakers even with 100k+ of equipment. if you prefer quality to the convenience of speakers and also have to be considerate to other people headphones are much better.

so you have all this bland reddit garbage and you keep posting about it because why? you want people to tell you what a fuckup you are?