Kek

webassembly.studio/
kek
The end is near for js fags? I hope

Attached: 1 fb19K-mU-ipu0NRpc_p2pA.png (837x556, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

transcrypt.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You made this image real. Good work.

Forgot pic.

Attached: web development with assmebly orly.jpg (506x662, 82K)

I don't think so. Unless you want to develop triple A games that run directly into the browser I fail to see where it would benefit most systems.

no people write in a higher level language wich is compiled to web asm. also can you stop propagating the asm is hard meme?

the truth is that js is not an easy language to use allowing devs to write in less spastic languages for client side web shit will be useful.

well that may be true (though it actually is quite easy to use a dynamic language with C like syntax), you are missing the part where there are thousands of exceptionally useful libraries written in javascript that you just don't have in other languages. I would say most mainline stuff, like encryption, servers, etc are already built in C and Rust and what-have-you, but if your client wants to use MaterialUI or have a decent state management library what will you do then? Please actually tell me your strategy for writing a CRUD app in your language of choice.

Yay bloat. I want every web page to come with 2 versions of half a GB compiled python interpretters with shit performance to load my page.

>asm is hard meme

>js is not an easy language
Are you fucking shitting me? When people complain about JS oddities, they always bring up weird syntax no sane programmer would ever use. It's a high level programming language. It's not the most elegant language, but its going to be a hell of a lot more efficient than doing the above. It was also nice to have standards and things like "view source".

>web developer
>"What I do is harrrrrrrd!"

>I can program Hello World in assembly! I'm so leet!!!11

Attached: (you).jpg (600x900, 45K)

this is what an upset webdev looks like fellas

Attached: wojak-numale[1].png (644x800, 15K)

>The end is near for js fags?
Not really. Right now, WebAssembly has no means of directly manipulating the DOM, so it needs JS to act as a glue. And even if it could, it would almost be overkill to use for anything that just involves regular scripting of the browser, and not actual computation.

The purpose of WebAssembly is to get around performance losses caused by dynamic typing. Someone who wanted to program a webpage in Python would be better off transpiling the Python code to JavaScript.

>transpile python code to javascript
Don't give them ideas.

It's already been done.
transcrypt.org/

ma negro, reinventing the wheel again

fuck JS if we can use Lua now.
haha[print]={}
next(haha)("wat")

>that just involves regular scripting of the browser, and not actual computation
Don't most websites with their 100MB of JS use an overkill level?

>js
>standards

Attached: 1524746495136.jpg (681x1024, 346K)

why would that be the end for js fags? js engines are going to be in browsers for the next 25 years at least

you're wrong
javascript, html and css will all be replaced by a new lisp dialect called WebLISP

thats what i call hamburgers

it's a compilation target
no one is directly writing webassembly

JS is easy. It's also retarded.
>they always bring up weird syntax no sane programmer would ever use.
and yet you see shit like that in production code all the time

these are real things used on websites a lot

this
webassembly isn't designed to replace js at all