INTEL IS KILL

PRESS S TO SPIT ON GRAVE

Attached: FinFETTable.png (678x464, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12693/intel-delays-mass-production-of-10-nm-cpus-to-2019
cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
cpu.userbenchmark.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aren't all these naming conventions meaningless?

No.

Its just marketing anyway. I expect the 7nm AMDs to be beasts so I'm ready to replace my 2700X then.

I'll rotate them, sell the 1700 in my HTPC and put the 2700X in there. Then repeat with any new gen.

anandtech.com/show/12693/intel-delays-mass-production-of-10-nm-cpus-to-2019
What tops this manufacturing failure?

meanwhile intel has to deal with their xboxhueg large dies and their bingbus abortion while amd just can shit out as many little zen cores as they want like some zerg rush and glue them together with infinity fabric for maximum yelds

this is golden. if amd doesnt secure the server market for itself for the next decade i dont know how and when they will ever able to do this

High five twin me!

>5nm within 3 years
Intel is the only one being realistic

Intel is the only one being cockblocked be shrinking process.
That's how you read it.
Read a piece about it the other day. They're so jewish, they can't even conceive others would overcome difficulties they can't.
That's how we get to OP's pic.

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1400994222348.jpg (946x798, 99K)

>doubting IBM and Samsung R&D
Ha. The ghost of the Common Platform Alliance shall never die.

Intels 10nm is compatible to other companies 7nm in terms of feature sizes and density... not to mention the colbolt interconnect that it uses

>regurgitating intel's marketing
Cute. Intel's 10nm has a larger cell size than GloFo's 7nm, and has more critical mask layers. GloFo's 7nm EUV has a density increase, and a reduction in masks to boot.

Intel is far, far ,far behind everyone.

>whisky lake
>cascade lake
Really doubling down on skylake architecture there

Attached: 1491835275725.png (882x758, 234K)

Keller is going to fix it in no time you plebs.

Don't confuse architecture with process.
Keller is a architecture technician/lead, he doesn't work on process on the foundry side. Him being at intel is a sign that intel's new core design is stalling in development. You don't start bringing in outside help when everything is going great internally.
We probably won't see new arch from intel until 2021~. Its just refreshes until then, and thats if they have no further delays.

inb4 14+++++ by 2020

Did intel expect AMD to dead? Its a bit hard to imagine that sandy bridge lasted for 10 years.

Those numbers are just for marketing. I would be surprised is GF 7nm is better than 14nm+ from Intel. Delidded kaby lake chips clock so fucking high.
That said AMD doing what they are right now on the current GF nodes is very impressive and if GF 7nm offered everything the shitty 14nm node does but 5ghz intel is rip until they get a whole new arch out the door or somehow achieve a massive die shrink.
5ghz zen 2 with a pessimistic 5% ipc uplift will produce single core results far superior to coffee lake and amd's superior SMT implementation will continue to produce superior multicore results.
It's only going to affect intel in DIY desktops though, they'll keep a strangle hold on laptops. Don't know much about server market, it's a threat there but who knows if companies will actually buy AMD.

they still make gpus

for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck sake make a 1 core cpu that has 20ghz or something.

lookup netburst retard

B Y P A S S

This.

Tejas on 10nm would be amazing. it reached 10ghz on 90nm.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: 1489122339460.png (1070x601, 495K)

Dumb user, Keller is architecture Jesus, he can't unJUST the fabs.

JUST

Nothing.
Int€l is just so full of themselves.
I'm sure what's preventing them from 10nm has been worked out by other fabs years ago.
People were thinking Moore's law had come to an end because Intel couldn't do it.
Turns out they're just too jew to admit they fucked up.

What if the process is fine and the architecture is flawed and fucking up the process. checkmate.

Nice intel marketing pasta, faggot jew shill piece of shit.

>im a smart guy, I don't get jewed by intlel
>buy ayymd new cpu every year
Imagine being this goy

>buying a new cpu every year
Kek

yall niggas gay until their cpus at the top.

Going from 1700 to 2700x is kind of dumb, but look at user's userase of at least two computers. I doubt user could sell the 1700 at a good price when Zen2 hits tho.

>used
>last gen
>amd
Yeah if you can even sell it

>SMIC

retards

CPP MMP lower is better.

Attached: 7nm Comparisons.jpg (685x599, 68K)

i sold my athlon ii x3 440 the day i advertised it.
:^)

>56 vs 54
wow it's fucking nothing.
fix your voltage

>doesn't even know what poly and metal pitches are
>so fucking stupid doesn't realize the image proves my point
Stay in /v/ where you belong, cretin.

GloFo's 7nm has a smaller cell size than intel's 10nm. It doesn't matter if intel's poly pitch is 2nm smaller, they produce larger total transistor structures regardless. They have inferior process density.
GloFo's 7nm with EUV increases density even beyond that of DUV.

Intel is far behind.

S.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: 1515031337101.jpg (700x565, 73K)

If Intel is so far behind then why do they still win in speed and efficiency if not core count?

>this tech illiterate retard still has the audacity to post despite embarrassing himself a hundred times over
How shameful.

3/10 made me reply

There have been two revisions of Zen. There have been a ton of revisions of Core. If Zen 2 irons out issues hampering clock speed, and there's a good chance it will, it may well be the second coming of Athlon 64.

No one cares you fucking nerd.

Attached: AM WHO??.png (690x592, 68K)

>hurrr intel has better density!
No they don't
>durrr hurr who cares about density?!

The absolute state of JIDF posters

Intelkeks BTFO once again.

see
AMD a shit, smaller cell size or not.
And now with Keller, they will leapfrog AMD even further.
But keep jerking it to you meaningless process density numbers.

Attached: 36.png (646x618, 75K)

TSMC 7nm is not as different to Intel 10nm as 7 is to 10.

One RAID key has been deposited in your account.

lmao you're a retarded jew shill shitter, intel's 10nm has the shittiest advancement

>just wait till 2022 for muh uarch

are you poor?

Off your autism meds again?Careful,you're likely to embarrass yourself (again).

No, poor people waste money trying to impress people they dont even like

u cant embarrass yourself on Jow Forums, ur anonymous himself.

Attached: tripshit.jpg (1293x1730, 1.16M)

Intel: to get this feature, you have to buy this selection of the new CPUs, buy a new motherboard because we locked you out via BIOS on the older ones, and don't you dare to get a cheap chipset, buy the most expensive one to get the new features.
AMD: all previous motherboards are compatible, all new features are ported to previous platforms were possible, all new CPUs are going to be supported in old motherboards, feel free to upgrade whatever you want.

Intelavivdiot: hmm... this new generation will replace my 8month old machine, and I need to get a new mobo, and a new CPU.

chAdMD: hmm... this new generation will upgrade my 14 month machine with a new CPU. I can keep the rest of the desktop as is.

I've always wondered why goys fall for the amd tricks. Nobody will sell you just a CPU, when they can charge you for a bunch of useless upgrades.....r..r...right?

I wonder why this tripfag is still walking around with his name.
It's obvious that it got burnt during all those shit that he posts.
Better post as user, but he doesn't.

Literally impossible
He can steer the company into using TSMC or GF process, he might even steer them into spinning off or even selling the fabs

It didn't reach 10 GHz, it struggled going past 4.5~ Ghz despite doubling TDP
Though It would be incredible to see it realized on a modern process

>using TSMC or GF process
he can't.
TSMC and GF are serving amd and novidia.
AMD can decide whether or not GF gives some capacity to someone else. They have a contract.
Also, intel has a shitload of 10 and 7 nm designs... from memory, to fpgas, nand, peripherals and CPUs(duh). Nobody's going to bother porting all those designs to their nodes. That will take years.
>the architecture is flawed
if the arch is flawed you change it.
If you cannot make the chip there are 2 reasons.
1st your asic libraries have to be changed... this designs the wires and the transistors on the silicon
or
2nd you have to fix your fabrication process, which means that you cannot create the design you took from the 1st step, which means that you are incapable of producing the chip.

Intel, from what I heard the last 1 year, has many problems with his performance chips and yields. Thus, they don't have a library problem, but leakage, signal propagation and all those problems that are derived by not having an efficient and precise way of "sculpting" on the silicon.

>comparing different companies processes

Intel's 10nm is as good or better than others in nearly all metrics outside of voltage

Attached: 1524530841669.png (856x846, 85K)

I've used chips going up to 12GHz. most of them were transceivers but that doesn't matter much.
What matters is the material, most high freq chips use GaAs, instead of semiconductors made using Si.

How can we get the Shit Wrecker back into AMD?

Should we start tweeting at Lisa?

I say let Keller in Intel. AMD is looking to completely take over by the time Zen2 hits. By the time Keller works magic at Intel, AMD will have Zen3 out and possibly AM5 close to the masses.

How does Global Foundries do it?

S

S

S

S

S

S

lol all of a sudden we're all talking about supposed 'meaningless naming conventions' really makes u think

Intel shills on suicide watch

keller is a meme and vega is a total scam

that's what happens when IBM gives you their engineers and tech

yes goy it's all directly comparable!

Attached: 6_s.jpg (480x625, 99K)

good goy

>>whisky lake
>>cascade lake
>Really doubling down on skylake architecture there

imblying that there has been a worthwhile arch improvement since Haswell, or that anything since Sandy Bridge is really its own distinct new arch.

Never, Intel has most of the tips of the dicks of the corporations in a deathchoke, they can basically shut down most of the world's infrastructure in 10 minutes if they want to, their hardware is everywhere and they know all the backdoors.

Why do you think they hired Keller?

>What the hell, I love Intel now :^)

Keller has to build a brand new arch from scratch, it's going to be at least 4 years until Intel is competitive from right now.

it's time the node size crappery was normed to properly reflect a measurable quality, so people can stop jerking off and arguing about it

If the process was fine, Intel wouldn't only have, after 4 years of work on 10nm, a 2-core mobile-class CPU with no integrated graphics, no turbo, and a base clock of 2.2GHz.

S for Intelaviv

Not in reality.

So you're saying it's the architecture that's shit?

But how is that happened? They had best 14nm, better than 14nm glofo or 16nm tsmc, but somehow they cannot switch from 14nm to 10nm, while samsung, tsmc and ibm/glofo going for 10nm just fine? Have they fired any competent engineer or what?

>for 10nm
meant 7

filtered

A story about Intel process tech, sit down, and enjoy.

1/ Apparently, a while back, Intel hired outside consultants to benchmark their progress against the foundries. Those consultants informed Intel that they were behind the foundries in some key areas.

2/ Intel, of course, believing in its own superiority basically didn't take the outside consultants seriously, thinking they were full of shit.

3/ Later on, Intel would start to get clues from key semiconductor equipment makers. Intel would, I am told, refuse help from these equipment makers, again believing in its own superiority.

4/ Eventually, when the equipment makers started to tell Intel things like, "we're surprised you're still struggling with Problem XYZ because Competitor X/Y figured that out a while go..." did Intel finally start to become more receptive to input.

5/ This story points to a fundamental problem within Intel: They actually believe their own marketing bullshit about being way ahead of the foundries -- it's a corporate culture thing. This arrogance hurts them -- badly.

Some additional info on Intel 10nm: Intel is trying its absolute best to get things working, they are, from what I hear, sparing no expense on 10nm and they are literally trying everything, even going to far as to pull unproven experimental stuff from the research labs.

One thing is clear: Intel 10nm is the biggest process related disaster in the company's history, it really makes the 14nm struggles look like a walk in the park by comparison. It is truly a horror show for this process.

>he might even steer them into spinning off or even selling the fabs
ABSOLUTE SHIT WRECKER

Attached: Certified Shit Wrecker.jpg (570x340, 25K)

intel is still the best cpu company, until that changes fuck off.

>intel is still the best cpu company, until that changes fuck off.
Welcome to 2018, that changed when Ryzen came out.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/
single core performance is what matters since games only use one core.

>single core performance is what matters since games only use one core.
This has been bullshit since 2014.

if u look at your cpu usage on a laggy game u will see its (1/cores)*100% if your lucky.

>only games matter

What's that, can't you find any actual GAMES that are single-threaded? Thought so.

things that benefit from powerful single cores:
all source engine games, most 2d games, browser games, scripting language interpreters, badly made software.

CHESSMASTER

Why do you do this to yourself