Panel type > refresh rate > sync tech > res

panel type > refresh rate > sync tech > res
what do you prioritize when you buy monitors?

also, is my 1070ti going to be able to handle a 1440p 144hz monitor? benchmark videos are very unreliable because they all run on max settings which severely impacts performance without much gain, I trust you guys more

Attached: aoc-gaming-ag271qg-27-169-2560-x-1440-ips-165hz-nvidia-g-sync.jpg (400x320, 8K)

>what do you prioritize when you buy monitors?
price

how much is too much?

What you prioritize depends on your needs and situation, everyone will be different. Let me try to break it down for you.
Resolution isn't a huge concern. Pretty much every monitor will be at least 1920x1080, which is what most people have and what most stuff is optimized for right now. It is also just a good resolution, it still looks quite sharp, just try not to go above 24" with it. If you go up to 1440p it WILL have a big impact on performance in newer games. If you don't play games then don't even worry about it. Keep this in mind as you think about refresh rate. you're going to want to be able to get the frames if you go 144hz. If you've never gone 144hz before, you don't need it unless you're playing competitive fps. If you play those games though then you will appreciate having it. When you look at 144hz monitors they will usually use a TN panel. TN panels absolutely blow. They suck to look at. If you just care about getting frags in counter strike then you will probably look past it easily but although not necessary, getting an IPS panel or something will be worth it. If you go 144hz you don't really need sync tech. If you go 60hz or something then it will really help with eliminating screen tearing and the feeling of mouse lag, so I would recommend it, however, if you have only ever used a 60hz monitor before, you probably won't notice either of those things too much.
Whether or not a 1070ti will handle games at 1440p 144hz depends on the game. You will probably struggle to hit the full frames required for 144hz on the most modern and demanding (or modern and unoptimized) games, but probably will go over 60, and that still benefits you largely. Even getting 80-90 frames on a 144hz monitor will have a noticeable benefit. Most games however you will likely run perfectly fine on. A 144hz 1440p IPS monitor is the sweet life right now so if you can afford it, by all means go for it.

thanks for the input user

panel>res>refresh>sync
Im not a gamer
t. 4k panel

size > res > price > panel type > sync tech > refresh rate
I also don't know why people prioritize so much 1ms on monitors.

no mention of dot-pitch? absolute pleb

Attached: 1507123543512.png (560x243, 178K)

There are some 1440p monitors with 75hz freesync now right? That seems like a ok upgrade from 60HZ Full HD.

i been through many monitors already that are targeted to gamers as well.

there are many compensations to be made in order to find the right one for you..

i settled with a Samsung 27" CHG70. it's doesn't have gsync and i'm not able to use freesync but it comes with one of the first HDR integrations on a monitor and hast quantum dot colors while having the minor VA issues VA has but i can cope with it.

all at an pretty affordable price tag. i really hope that amd gets a new card out soon though for a reasonable price so i can upgrade already from my 1060..

gaymer children

>depression free

>OLED
>15Hz
>Gsync
>640x480
wow nice job

what the fuck are you talking about

I can't hit 144fps on my 1080p 144hz monitor when maxed out on modern games and I have
a 1070ti with an overclocked I7 6700k and 32gb of ddr 3200

>maxed out
that's what I'm talking about though. modern AAA games often add barely noticeable yet extremely demanding settings

Pixel density is much more important than size. My U25145H is amazing to look at.
I don't even gay men but when I do it's fairly easy to achieve 60fps.

>mLED
>165Hz
>FreeSync II
>3840x2400
>32"
>500$
>year is 2026

Is it 16:10 and is it cheap? If both are yes then I'll get it.

I only look at text so for me it is contrast and resolution.

resolution > size > image quality/brightness > clear motion/no ghosting

Even BIOS is an unusable nausea fest on pleb monitors after experiencing 120+Hz

input lag >refresh rate >resolution > screen size > swivel

to answer your question, yes, why the hell not?My 760(4gb) handled a 1440p 144hz monitor just fine, it just depends on the game you're playing.

>buying monitors
Enjoy your overpriced trash. Home theater is a good 5-7 years ahead. Just use a TV and seat your desk away from it a little