Whats the smallest OS?

Whats the smallest OS?

Attached: Layer 3.png (270x900, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/birdbrainswagtrain/Lunatic-Core
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Linux, with no GNU bloat added.

Linux is not an OS, it's just a colonel.

>What's the smallest OS
Probably something from the 1970s

>What's the smallest OS still developed
Probably one of those obscure OS written in assembly like MenuetOS

>What's the smallest OS that's somewhat usable
NetBSD

Attached: Temple.png (640x480, 29K)

You'redick OS

DNA

Attached: puppylinux.jpg (200x200, 6K)

github.com/birdbrainswagtrain/Lunatic-Core

>dog with kitten mouth
:3 :З :з

Some OS for microcontrollers like FreeRTOS I guess.

>People have succeeded in running Puppy with a 333MHz CPU and 64MB. However having 256MB RAM and a 512MB swap file is more realistic.
Bloat

> The minimal configuration for a NetBSD/i386 system requires 4M of RAM and about 40M of disk space. For a full installation (including source and X11), at least 8M of RAM and 200M of disk space are recommended.

Very nice

Unironically Forth

MenuetOS and KolibriOS are the smallest graphical operating systems I've seen in recent years. They're nearly pure assembly and they're pretty damn small and fast, but not all that useful for anything besides a proof of concept. If you want something really small but still good for desktop, server, or embedded use then I suggest Damn Small Linux, Tiny Core Linux, or Alpine Linux.

The Linux kernel is indeed an operating system.
>op·er·at·ing sys·tem
>noun: operating system; plural noun: operating systems
>the software that supports a computer's basic functions, such as scheduling tasks, executing applications, and controlling peripherals.
Linux handles scheduling, running applications, device drivers, resource allocation, file systems, a lot of other stuff that defines an operating system. So yes, Linux itself is an operating system that's a single program. It's simply made a million times more useful to end users when you add things like a package manager, shells, a login manager, display managers, graphical servers, window managers, web browsers, and an init system and bootloader to bring it all up. Seems like you don't know how an OS works or what it is.

Attached: 1516470254435.jpg (900x1200, 83K)

The BIOS?

>FreeRTOS
Bloat compared to NuttX

dsl? (or most firmware)

minix

>Jizzed on my CPU
>No gf to deposit her eggs on it
Why live

it's totally an OS
just pass whatever program you want to run as init
you don't need anything else

userland tools like the GNU shell and utilities make this loads nicer, but absolutely nothing stops you from just loading the program you want to run as your init process beyond whatever libraries it needs

your dick

DOS or CP/M (or AmigaDOS if you want proper pre-emptive multitasking, but without memory protection)

>colonel

Maybe MikeOS

I hope that's bait.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 14.56.27.png (316x211, 29K)

>I need every package to be updated every day!

Attached: 1514470019179.jpg (698x1038, 162K)

>using six year old unmaintained software is ok

Attached: OmegaBrainlet.png (988x704, 66K)

Just don't upgrade every day if you don't want

Crunchbox

My TinyLinux OVA is 11MB

Op.exe

TempleOS