ITT: Tell-tale signs of someone being a numale programmer

ITT: Tell-tale signs of someone being a numale programmer

>uses "code" as a verb
>calls himself an engineer to inflate his own ego
>thinks he's "changing the world" with his hacky MEAN web apps
>writes "Opinions are my own and not those of my employer" on his twitter, as if literally even a single soul cares

Attached: STOP RIGHT THERE.png (1440x1440, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/Burroughs/ElectroData.204.1956.102646116.pdf
user.it.uu.se/~foy/Documents/Kodning_for_BESK_2a_uppl_1958-05-02_HELA.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unironically drinks onions/is vegan
>has bright, colorful stickers all over their mac
>doesn't use the unix terminal on said mac, ever

>uses "code" as a verb

This shit drives me insane. Same with using "coder" instead of programmer.

Then what do you onionboys say then when you check the code in, push your code, or find a bug in your code?

You say exactly that... do you understand what a verb is and what a noun is?

>drinks onions
>uses rust
>uses jQuery
>lives in a city apartment
>doesn't have a wife or kids
>think all software should be free

O. Well yeah code isnt a verb

>webdev

>doesn't have a wife or kids
What's the problem with this exactly?

>imagine drinking actual onions

Attached: u1it5.gif (500x500, 983K)

>>writes "Opinions are my own and not those of my employer" on his twitter, as if literally even a single soul cares
It's all fun and games until you post the wrong opinions that can get you fired

>has a twitter

Attached: haha.gif (480x366, 1.17M)

Normalfags come here now and actually think wanting to live your life in solitude is some kind of ironic meme

>uses a mac
>stickers on laptop
>drinks onions
>thinks soup is a meal
>has facial hair that's completely unkempt or some shitty little waxed mustache

Are you new or something?

That's a good thing. People, even memeboys, need to be reigned in.

What op is referring to is saying coding instead of programming

Definitely haven't been here in a while (: Only yesteday I realised about this word being filtered too. Quite annoying though.

jquery is patrician though. if your side project has enough js to warrant a library other than jquery, it's fucking gay.

onions

If you use anything other than plain JavaScript and lodash you're doing it wrong

>uses "code" as a verb
Kill yourself. Coding has been used as a verb since at least the 50s.

What's with the drinking onions meme?

>>calls himself an engineer to inflate his own ego
What about javascript artisans?

They replaced s o y with onions.

it's because HTML, XML, JSON, CSS technically aren't programming languages, so how else are people supposed to describe "writing HTML code" succinctly?

I find it bizarre that people use the term "coding" to mean programming. For decades, we used the word "coding" for the work of low-level staff in a business programming team. The designer would write a detailed flow chart, then the "coders" would write code to implement the flow chart. This is quite different from what we did and do in the hacker community -- with us, one person designs the program and writes its code as a single activity. When I developed GNU programs, that was programming, but it was definitely not coding.

Since I don't think the recent fad for "coding" is an improvement, I have decided not to adopt it. I don't use the term "coding", except if I were talking about a business programming team which has coders.

Attached: Richard+Stallman+(2)[1].jpg (300x360, 20K)

Looking at the old computer manuals, they seem to distinguish "programming" from "coding" in exactly the way that your RMS copypasta does, where "programming" refers to the act of translating the requirements of a program to abstract form, and "coding" refers to translating that abstract form into code. In the 50s, this seems to specifically refer to what is now basically the role of the assembler program, but any form of code seems fine.

In that case, a "hacker" in RMS' terms would seems to, simply, take on the roles of both programmer and coder.

Attached: rms-1.jpg (500x500, 127K)

>uses node
>additionally, uses npm and its clusterfuck of overdependent, chained-together packages
>uses that vile excrement known as angular.js
>uses anything else javascript meant as an excuse to avoid having to learn the more complicated programming languages
>has that facial hair like he's Heinrich von Lederhosen from the fucking Alps
>...or really anything else like it that immediately makes it clear how much of a vapid public-acceptance-seeking narcissist he/she actually is
>proclaims to be an engineer without actually having a degree and without having an ounce of mathematical skill
>proclaims to be a programmer of any kind but in reality abuses and brutalizes the trade just to forward their own distorted agenda on their vapid twitter feeds, harming the once good name of programmers and engineers alike

People like these are fucking leeches and should be shot on sight.

Unless you mean "encoding" or "decoding", you are wrong.

Attached: 1459697896274.gif (352x287, 3.52M)

>buy us a coffee
>master/slave is offensive
>please disable your adblocker or I'm gonna starve to death

Attached: tfw soy milk.png (800x750, 106K)

>uses "code" as a verb
once again underage gtfo

Attached: idiot.png (359x283, 9K)

If you're using anything other than plain JavaScript your app is bloated and shitty

That's my thinking. Honestly, calling yourself a programmer when you're just doing web shit sounds more cringey.

Yeah but so many retards that actually are programmers call themselves "coders". It's like being a mechanical engineer and identifying as a "mechanic". It literally means nothing to me, affects me in no way whatsoever, but holy shit it's infuriating...

Anyone calling themselves engineer without the title are fags
T. Actual engineer

>Unless you mean "encoding" or "decoding", you are wrong.

>Bulletin 3040A (Programming and Coding Manual)
>archive.computerhistory.org/resources/text/Burroughs/ElectroData.204.1956.102646116.pdf
>Coding for BESK
>user.it.uu.se/~foy/Documents/Kodning_for_BESK_2a_uppl_1958-05-02_HELA.pdf

Attached: wat-9.jpg (374x374, 39K)