Who here hyped for Google ecosystem?
>Fuchsia OS coming 2019
You will be able to run same OS on:
>Laptop
>Smartphone
>IoT
>Google Home
Everything perfectly integrated.
Chromecast, Google Home, AI Assistant, Android Auto, Waymo to go around...

My body is ready for the ultimate botnet experience.

Total convenience.

Attached: maxresdefault (20).jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2018/04/26/fuchsia-android-runtime-appears/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes I can't wait for google to have every single ones of my bytes under their control.

botnet is love. botnet is life.

wtf is that?

Attached: wat.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

It will probably be worse than even Windows 10
So not really hyped

I don't care about the normalfaggot "ecosystem", and I could not give less of a fuck about phone or IoT shit. I care about the underlying technologies that will make a good OS. It's using a microkernel which means it'll be modular, stable, and secure. Microkernel based systems possess self-healing capabilities in which individual kernel processes can be brought back online after a crash without bringing the whole system down. It can be updated fully by replacing one module at a time while others keep running, meaning you never have to shut down the device. Microkernels are already used in military and aerospace related vehicle consoles and computers because of these qualities. It's about damn time we got this on the desktop.

It's open source. It can and will be forked.

Windows 10's only actual downsides are the fact that it's still dealing with decades worth of legacy bloat.
Fuchsia doesn't have that problem.

Man I can't wait to have a microkernel OS on my laptop.

>Windows 10's only actual downsides
and the fuckton of shit spying and sending crap to some server. Which Faggotrysha will have down to a tee since won't even turn on without an internet connection

>since won't even turn on without an internet connection
Would you care to back up your claims?

>>Fuchsia OS coming 2019
I think that's a year too early. The OS is still completely unusable for anything but a demo.

>I think that's a year too early. The OS is still completely unusable for anything but a demo.
Google has a "dream team" working on it, people who were behind RedHat Linux, FreeBSD, iOS, BeOS, etc.

>Would you care to back up your claims?
So far there's no info but if you take into account that chrome os and android need a google account to actually use the damn thing properly, what do you think will happen to the brand new Google OS that will get embeded everywhere?
Can you with a straight face believe you will be able to use it properly with no internet or without the google account that ties up all together?
Anyways, we are still far from seeing anything that resembles a final product. It's less than alpha, but I would not hold my breath on how bad it will be in terms of spying and 'telemmetry'

Are we taking bets on how long it takes for them to abandon it?

You guys do know that microkernels already exist in stable operating systems, right? Google is just looking for more shekels. This new OS isn't going to solve any problems with computing.

What about the Linux/Android fragmentation problem?

What about the Jewish problem?

Linux is will be a server OS.
Fuchsia will be laptop/smartphone/desktop OS.

Screencap this.

That's a community issue, not a computing issue

>implying they don't already

So its a computing solution to a community issue.

If they can get make it do most of the same stuff that Chrome OS does now, I don't see an issue with it. I'd probably use it if I can run it on standard Intel hardware and I'd even do some development for the platform, starting with a port of QEMU so users can run common Windows and Linux programs still.

Chrome OS and Android don't need Google accounts to be used properly. You can set up everything offline and simply choose not to use any Google services. Even better, there are open source forks of each like Chromium OS and Linage OS that further strip out most or all Google services that you don't want anyways. As long as Fuchsia is open source, why would there be any difference?

All of the microkernel systems I've ever seen are either shitty slow junk, they have no software, they're proprietary and expensive and/or closed source, or a combination of those. QNX is one of the best GUI microkernel based systems out there but it's closed source and not available for home users to buy and has a small software library, MINIX is a research OS with no software or driver support, and Hurd is a bitch and half to install, let alone to use, also lacking software.

It's a real problem but this is the wrong board for political discussion.

Attached: 1475452964956.png (1127x686, 59K)

kys and take your botnet with you, shill.

>starting with a port of QEMU
They should work on a virtual machine like kvm or hyper-v :)

Android fragmentation and lack of updates is a shitty phone manufactures problem that is solved by buying a good phone.

Welp this is confirmed to be replacing linux now

9to5google.com/2018/04/26/fuchsia-android-runtime-appears/

based americuck

Even flagships don't run completely open source software and wont have 10 years of updates.

>muh botnet
jeremy we left that meme in 2008

so, this kills the java?

There are a lot that get updates for quite a few years though and you can switch to lineage after that.
What else would be the point of this?

si

>Total convenience.
>Cant change things myself
>Cant run the software I want if google doesn't want me to

"ecosystems" are only convenient for the tech illiterate.

>"ecosystems" are only convenient for the tech illiterate.

t. can't afford expensive toys

The java is coming to fuchsia

It's just temporary stopgap so all those pajeets working on android apps don't drop fuchsia immediately, don't worry.

And fushia won't ship as completely open source either. The google parts that are not removable without root will be there and will not be open source.

And updates can be good or bad. Either you get no updates, like android, or you get updates that gimp your device like iOS. OEMs will not use anything that don't let them do one of those.

Its very doubtful if it could gain any traction without android emulation. See windows phone. No apps = no sales = no developers = no apps

>temporary
It just doesn't make sense to rewrite programs for a new platform. It will probably never remove the android compatibility.

It'll happen. Bigger platforms are doing it currently~

O.P YOU Dumbo you can already run android apps on ChromeBooks.

>The google parts that are not removable without root will be there and will not be open source.
Only OEM drivers and Gapps will be closed just like on Android.

>botnet
Why does Jow Forums misuse this word so much? It's been years and still you faggots can't seem to get one goddamn word right.

hahaha we all know you're retarded

They've gone back to their old logo except less shiny? is this on their homepage? I haven't visited Google in half a year, and have it blocked on my network

And yet people are constantly worrying and whining about Apple allegedly wanting to merge MacOS and iOS to have one consistent stack across all devices lmao.

At least those. Do you have any source on ONLY that being closed source though?

I could see google doing a apple-style divide where the kernel is useless without the rest of their closed source OS.

Maybe if I could access my google home commands from all their identical search bars they put on my phone and not just the one specific random one.

Oh and if I didn't have to go through chink login portals and hand them my wifi password to set up a smart device, that would be nice.

Oh and if they put some thought into a logical capable command system and got rid of weird half assed echoes of linking accounts to voices I would like that.

The whole beast is so awfully fractured and feels like it's destined to be the next scrapped google product.

That's not happening.
And only macos devs are worried about that, they've gotten lazy.

>I could see google doing a apple-style divide where the kernel is useless without the rest of their closed source OS.
I'm more afraid that googlel will make fuchsia locked down like iOS.

Attached: ap_resize.php.png (728x400, 14K)

Those two go hand in hand, if it's usable in it's FOSS state people can easily fork it so you have root by default.

>it's not even out yet and I'm an expert
The absolute state of Jow Forums. Why the fuck would Google their biggest edge over Apple? That makes no fucking sense. The ability to customize and install anything you want is why Android didn't fucking die out right at the start and managed to catch up to iOS and then surpass it. Why in the flying fuck would they drop that in fuschia? ChromeOS may not be the most customizable OS in the world, but it isn't meant to be. It is meant for light office work, note taking, quick research, and streaming media consumption. It isn't meant to compete with macOS or Windows in any meaningful way, it's meant to replicate one facet of Android's success: emerging markets. That's the industry word for "we want Pajeet to buy our shit, so it doesn't have to be pretty or run fast, it just has to be dirt cheap"

What if the devices come with locked bootloaders and the OS has great security to prevent root exploits?

Attached: 1487235422429.png (239x229, 82K)

then Fuchsia isn't for you user. I refuse to use Apple and IOS because of how locked down everything is and no FLAC support (fucking really?). However I'm using the stock ROM my LG V20 came with and barely changed anything other than my launcher. If Fuchsia is all the pluses of Android but more secure built from the ground up, then I'm on board.

But what if the stock ROM is shit (samsung) and I just want something better (resurrection remix)

>Why the fuck would Google their biggest edge over Apple?
Because most people don't care. they just use their apps and get on with their day. Also, you need root to do a lot of stuff google and OEMs dont want you to do. tech media and normalfags are complaining about androids issues but they aren't complaining about iOS being locked down.

>ChromeOS may not be the most customizable OS in the world, but it isn't meant to be. It is meant for light office work, note taking, quick research, and streaming media consumption. It isn't meant to compete with macOS or Windows in any meaningful way
Neither is fuchia for phones. But a lot of people are seeing desktops and laptops as dying, apple wants to move their laptops to iOS and ARM. Windows wants to lock down windows on arm as well. Other than gaymurs and nerds x86 and operating systems where you have root by default may very well be dying.

>want to get a phone with physical keyboard
>blackberry keyone looks good
>the keytwo is coming out soon
>decide to wait for it
>an entire new phone OS is coming out now
Do I just keep waiting?

waiting is a meme

I wont use it without custom rom support

NOT AT ALL

Instead of replacing the Java bloatware runtime the are replacing the Linux Kernel , Google genius everyone..
Kotlin also sucks..

Attached: op.png (640x400, 10K)

Fuchsia is irrelevant to you if you're after a physical keyboard. Very few phones are bound to have it and those that do won't have a physical keyboard.

Good point, I didn't think of it like that.

>Instead of replacing the Java bloatware runtime
But they are... with dart :^)

Botnet is more relevant than ever you consumerist troglodyte.

The reason i'll switch is because the kernel security model is based on capabilities instead of fucking access control lists. Seriously fuck unix and its apologist hipsters, it's about time capabilities came to desktops.

I believe those are the stamens of the fuschia flower.

Attached: Fuchsia_flowerフクシアの花7137619.jpg (960x1280, 337K)

this.

>Written in Mixed: C, C++, Dart, Go, LLVM, Python, Rust, Shell, TypeScript
Jesus

you fags and this FLAC support, you know your human ears can't handle the full auditory spectrum right user

How is that bad?

>It's open source
It's released with jew licenses, meaning they'll take the open source base and add all the good parts that make it actually usable into the proprietary-only version. The people at google work against the free software community and they always did.

>want to modify any Unix
>learn C and maybe sh+make

>want to modify Fuchsia
>learn several different languages

>it's about time capabilities came to desktops
Didn't Microsoft try this with UAC and everyone hated it?

>conversant only in 1 language
are you some kind of brainlet?

Fuchsia is not gpl-licensed, meaning they don't have to release anything for you that's in their actual product. You're delusional if you think they'll make the same mistake again they did with android

What's so mysterious about Fuschia?
And why are journalists so lazy?

Attached: mysteriously lazy journalism.png (652x372, 107K)

What people don't understand is OSes today (Windows and Linux) were written for ancient hardware initially

Fuchsia has the advantage of not having to do that. It can start by assuming everyone has modern hardware and that is impactful

Other OSes will not be able to compete because they are a bloated garbage supporting legacy systems

yes and you're participating in one therefore your whining is just shouting into the void
so try not to shout too much

>彼は英語で書いた

>Fuchsia is based on a new microkernel called "Zircon", derived from "Little Kernel",[1][2] a small operating system intended for embedded systems, which was developed by Travis Geiselbrecht, a creator of the NewOS kernel used by Haiku OS
>a creator of the NewOS kernel used by Haiku OS

Attached: hardness.webm (640x480, 122K)

Linux can also run on all devices. GNU as well.

I want it on my desktop.

Ocнoвaтeльный пoдъeб. 10/10

It currently doesn't support 32bit cpus or graphics hardware without vulkan.

>Zircon
>Little Kernel
ITS SO CUTE!
CUTE!

>assuming everyone has modern hardware and that is impactful
As such it will be even more bloated. not the kernel, but the rest of the os.

>Other OSes will not be able to compete because they are a bloated garbage supporting legacy systems
Legacy systems = choice of hardware and software

KERNEL IS NOT FOR SEXUAL

Attached: 0155811a10506981aa2fa9f032b2fc20.jpg (570x688, 139K)

You will have it on your desktop.
Unironically will be the perfect OS.

Finally you won't have to put Applel's gay dildo up your butt, or put up with Micropenis' bullshit, or Linux lack of hardware support/drivers and lack of decent GUI, fonts, consistent design

You will get what you always dreamed of, a GOOD OS. Finally.

While this is correct, the only loser in this scenario is Linux. Everyone else has enough control over their work to completely do what Google is currently doing. Unlikely they will however though as on the MS side they make majority of money through legacy, and Applel is lagging in talent to even think about making that move.

applel was ok tho

We're getting a cute sister soon!

Attached: ostans.jpg (1600x1200, 464K)

>While this is correct, the only loser in this scenario is Linux.
Good. Will be nice to see the smug interjecting freetards get BTFO

I mean, since you can literally download the code and compile it on a pixel book right now, I don't think that'll be an issue. Unless Google decides to up and pull the plug on it being open sores. I wouldn't put it past them. Then again, they may just do chrome vs chromium type thing where one is open and one isn't.

>less code and layers of abstraction
>bloat

Attached: 1522747633823.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

just a reminder people also said windows NT won't be able to compete with the amazing new cutting edge modern OS that apple was gonna get from Nextstep

I don't think Google's interest is to profit directly from the OS
It will stay 100% open source IMO
Instead, they want to create a "Google ecosystem" - you will be free to opt out, but it will be convenient not to

It would be so silly to attempt to profit directly from the OS when they full well know how much data is waiting right above.
Then again, doubt anyone seriously considered Windows having advertisements baked in. So who knows~

which is sad because windows phone was bretty well designed. it was solely killed by microshit kikery and their retarded API restrictions.. like who the fuck charges people money for deployment developing anything for it was extremely painful

I still have my nokia lumia though, love that phone

>tfw Linux will be killed by the Botnet
its been great guys

Prediction: Fuchsia runs on everything. By 2025, it is in every appliance, every car, every TV, pmp, phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, vape, etc. It literally becomes part of our lives in a way in which it becomes impossible not to use it unless you're totally off the grid because all of your financial transactions happen via Fuchsia.

But that's not enough. Alphabet isn't content with just your personal data, money, home life, career, etc. No. They make male sex bots. Mandatory male sex bots. They take your money, your life, your dignity, and finally...They take your asshole.

Why would Google choose a name the average normie can't even spell?

you can delete chromeos and install debian on your chromebook...