/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous:

Attached: 1502132111623.png (800x1067, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/issues/1444
youtube.com/watch?v=sugpIVIAjXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1503771902001.jpg (469x480, 17K)

Is there a way tostream from Android to my PC? I want to watch something I downloaded from Show Box without having to do a file transfer. I have MX Player and MiXplorer

The N7+ is more of an appliance that does everything satisfactory/ slightly above average for that price point.

Anyone still getting "Error getting index file" on F-Droid?

I am. Feel free to add a comment to this bug report: gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/issues/1444

Yup. F-Droid has been semi-abandonware for like 2 years now and have the site is bugged as fuck.

I am stuck choosing between Huawei P smart and Xiaomeme Redmi Note 4 ,both are the same price of around 160 Euros, what should I do?

flip a coin

Note 4 is a bit more powerful but only goes to Nougat, P Smart can upgrade to Oreo.
The Note 4 has an entire 1.1Ah over the P Smart
Actually just go for the note 4, it's better

Note 4 also supports LineageOS as well so I can upgrade to Oreo. Right?

lol i don't know. i'm on a droid turbo with stock 6.0.1, I didn't know about lineageos until I started fucking around in this thread, but it looks like the redmi note 4 does support lineageos

hairy anal idol!

just found a Note 4 for around 115 Euros, shit looks like an amazing deal. Guess I made my mind.

I'd suggest my droid turbo, but only because it has a stronger chipset. It's so fucking old at this point

So I'm not the only one who would have anal sex with the OP.

You and all the Japanese artists, it seems. It's a bit of a meme at the moment - the majority of her erotic artwork is anal focused.

It's kinda a new trend, that's been going on for a while. I don't see any doujin of her though (that's anal)

So are the new nokia phones any good? I was thinking of getting the Nokia 6.1 when it starts selling in the US

What smartphone for the Spotify-tier /mu/tant?

Just bought a Xiaomi Mi Mix because I don't care about selfies or taking pics. I just want a large phone with NFC.

>spotify-tier
You're gonna have to specify a bit more : country, carrier, budget and what feature you need/want to have

I just mean I want audio quality, but I'm not autistic enough to demand FLAC

sorry also:
Verizon, no budget
currently have and love stock galaxy a4

S4, please ban me for retardation

Droid Turbo as long as you don't value storage space

Thi

Attached: nexus-4-lg.jpg (640x456, 55K)

s was the best looking phone ever

which phone has better specs/price?

Samsung A8 for $260 Canadian dollars or pixel 2 xl for $660 Canadian dollars

The premium for better performance is such that cheaper devices usually always have better price over performance, but they obviously don't reach the same level of performance that more expensive devices can.
It's up to you to decide whether or not you need the extra performance (among other features, if any) a more expensive device can provide, you can also buy previous flagships (phones that have an old flagship chipset like 805, 815, 825 SD) for a much more competitive price if you don't care about newer features.

Where's the cheapest I can get a XZ1c from?

I can buy from the us, uk, germany, china and japan (phones are so expensive in japan though, doubt that matters).
Pic unrelated

Attached: IMG_20170119_013051822~01~01.jpg (1828x1989, 1.11M)

Oh and used is fine too

>tfw no matter how much I look I can't find a phone that meets my criteria

Attached: 1488538611896.jpg (236x253, 11K)

At least you are not looking for a gf too.

Tell us you're criteria and we'll help you, after all that's the point of this thread.

Try to have realistic expectation first.

have you tried not being poor?

Should I buy an iPhone 8 for $450? Or should I just wait a generation to upgrade?

Looking for phone with good camera, but total poorfag. Should I just get a refurbished Lumia 950 XL? What do I lose out on with Windows Phone, besides Clover?

god i wish that were me

You wish you were a girl? Gay.

How do I learn how to repair smartphones?

go to chinkland

It's time for me to upgrade and I'm 99% sure I want an S8. But I'm uncertain if I should do it this weekend, or wait for next month to see if they drop the price even further.

Wut do?

Attached: 1499641582832.jpg (1000x1286, 206K)

So I'm looking to upgrade from my redmeme 3 pro, is the mi mix 2 good? Any thing I should know about it?

>buy nib LG G6 H870 [live in US]
>go to unlock bootloader
>it's the version from Panama, not the unlockable EU version
I'm getting a little tired of large company's bullshit.

What phone meets this criteria Jow Forums:
-SD Card
-Headphone jack
-Usable camera
-Side mounted buttons
-3000+mah
-Sturdy metal body
-Slim bezels [no notch]
-ROOTABLE

Bonus
>fingerprint reader
>dedicated camera button

The right lg g6/v30

Check Swappa or Craigslist for a used one. You could also check Amazon and see if they have one that has an opened box.

Alright guys I have a problem. I really want an iPhone 7, but my carrier (T-Mobile) only has the 32GB version available, which isn't enough for me. Should I just pay extra and get an 64GB iPhone 8?

how am I supposed to know which of these prepaid generic carriers to use? there's like 5 of them and they all seem basically the same

Would an iPhone SE or iPhone 6S in 2018 be OK to use as a camera and daily driver? Asking since my RN4X is broken and I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade in terms of camera. All later iPhones are out of the question as I still need a headphone jack.

Is there something wrong with the motorola z2 force? I'm seeing some refurbished ones on ebay for under $300 and the specs on this thing are beastly

get a camera sweetie

How is the Motorola G5s?
My current Moto G 2014's battery is basically shot, and due to the place I live, it's pretty difficult to get a replacement battery for it.
I quite like my current phone, so is it right to assume that the G5s is basically just an updated model?

Attached: 1496371064002.png (229x199, 58K)

It's meh, there's better phones available for around the price

Sony Xperia XZ1/XZ1 Compact, LG V30, HTC U11(+) all have great DACs.

Such as?

Well, what country you in and what price is the G5S?

New Zealand.
$380 NZD

Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi Note 4X, Redmi 5 Plus
Nokia 6 or 6.1 (6 2018)
Moto G5 Plus
Huawei Nova 2i
Honor 7X

Thanks

Should i get a lg v20? I cant justify buying a non year old flagship desu

where can i see this

I'm trying to replace my decrepit galaxy old s4 but I this one specific criteria that's turning me away from most shit that otherwise interests me.
Basically my one demand is I want a phone with a mechanical home button. I've tried using one of those new iphones with a touch sensor home button and I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of using one. Mechanical menu/back buttons would be nice too but it's not 2005 so I know that's a lost cause.

Other than that I don't really care that much
>sd memory
>headphone jack
>decent camera is okay. I've been happy with my S4's camera until it stopped working
>replaceable battery would be highly preferable but I know that's rare as fuck now since that's the first thing phones give up on when they're designed to be toilet-proof

basically what are worthwhile phones with mechanical buttons?

Attached: iphone 7.jpg (250x250, 85K)

>physical home button
>also scans fingerprint
>8-core CPU @ 2 GHz
>64 GB storage
>4 GB RAM
>microSD slot
>3.5 mm jack
>$250 USD new
Moto G5 Plus

Anyone who can help me find a phone?
I'm looking for a fast one that run most apps,
does not need the greatest camera.
Price range 300-400$

Mi mix 2

Just dropped my xiaomi redmi 4x and it cracked the bottom half of the screen, still usable its just a bit sharp in the bottom corner.

What do I replace it with? Literally loved this phone, no problems with it, I feel like i could buy another one and be happy but just weighing options.

Didn't realize it to mention it, but I'm not a fan of touch screen navigation bars either.

I might look into a Moto g5 plus anyway since it seems like you can set up the home button to also work as a back and menu button, but do you have any suggestions for phones with dedicated menu/back buttons as well?

shit nokia is also notch now

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (576x768, 99K)

I don't think they sell that where I live

The future is NOTCHED, my friend.

Every major phone besides Samsung will have a notch for at least 1-2 years

same

>XZ1
Standard qualcomm codec, but the higher end one
>V30
Same but with extra ess dac+hpa for the headphone jack
>U11
Unknown codec in the dongle

They're all different

And all this just because muh selfies.
God I hate women.

>only women take selfies
incel spotted

>people who take selfies are worthy of being called "men"

Reminder to not get the Mi A1 because of pic related.

Attached: YbuxM0x.gif (313x320, 248K)

Why does it hiss again?

Because of retarded design. The amp is way too strong.

I thought the Samsung Galaxy S5 or whatever was the last Android phone with all physical (1 + 2 capacitive) buttons... Anyway, I recommended the Moto G5 Plus precisely because you can set it up to not use on-screen buttons (or rather, I'm fairly certain that's the case by default).

Well, that's the best smartphones can get in terms of analogue output. Did I miss any phones that are known for exceptional audio? I don't think so.

Wew F-Droid is working again.

Has anyone tried that WireGuard app from F-Droid? Does it help with ad-blocking in any way or should I just stick to Blokada?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-52-16-940_org.fdroid.fdroid.png (1080x1920, 150K)

>he doesn't into AdAway

The button on the G5+ is not mechanical, it's capacitive like the new iPhones.

Root is a pain in the ass these days if you want working Google Pay. Sick of Google and their "certified device" bullshit.

Many chinkphones.
Some nip phones.

Well, bottom line is if want you want great audio look elsewhere, smartphones are shyte in that regard, especially if you want to drive some high impedance headphones.

Motorola G5s Plus for $293USD, is it worth?

that's a bit high,since it cost 220 usd here

Fair enough. Another dude from the same country as me was recommended either a Nokia 6 or a Moto G5 Plus.

The Nokia 6 here is $212USD is that much better?

OH NO NO NO NO
HAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=sugpIVIAjXc
check out the audio quality on samsung training video

Lenovo P2

Fucking horror.
Did they not watch the video before posting it?

judging from reviews the only problem it seems is that there the camera struggles on low light,subpar finger scanner and only hd display
so why the heck not

Anything higher than 1080p is a meme until 4K becomes the standard for TV shows & videogames anyway.