Jow Forums why doesn't IT use linux / unix / bsd?

Attached: download.jpg (214x236, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_UNIX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even microsoft currently uses 50% linux servers and even makes their own linux distrubution.

Joke's on you OP, I used IE until Microsoft replaced it with Edge for some dumb reason.

Same thing happened with WMP/Movies & TV.

They need stuff Pajeet can click on.

Microsft. Office.

the other reason is compatability, having to flip a coin if every device the computer (or hundreds of them in a company) has will function under linux

3rd is having to invest money in re-educating entire workforce on how to deal with linux and that it's now windows

and imagine if every computer started working like a slow, unstable pile of garbage after upgrade to new new and fresh STABLE ubuntu version that suddenly uses GNOME de which has a memory leak developers know about

overcome these concerns.

msce faggots are fungible and cheap

Vendor support and compatibility with proprietary Windows-specific software. Also user familiarity.

Attached: IMG_0031.jpg (393x393, 83K)

Windows is great for workstations, especially if there is that one program (more likely several) your normie coworkers need that can only be run on Windows. You will find a lot of Linux and BSD on servers and supercomputers.

support

there's no one to call 24/7 if something breaks. sure there's canonical and a few others, but they don't issue patches the way apple or microsoft can.

>Microsoft. Office.
Libre. Office.
>compatibility
this isn't really an issue anymore
>invest money in re-educating entire workforce
if your employees (we're talking about an IT department here) are too braindead to understand the fundamental differences between Windows and Linux and can't translate their workflow between the two after a simple two-hour seminar, they should be replaced.
>and imagine if every computer started working like a slow, unstable pile of garbage after upgrade to new new and fresh STABLE ubuntu version that suddenly uses GNOME de which has a memory leak developers know about
what are you on about?
>basedspacing
get out

>uses ms office 2003
>some fucker send me excel file made with office 420 or some shit
>nothing works at all
nice fucking software

Active Directory makes it pretty easy to manage hundreds or thousands of users and workstations on a domain, and IT managers like that sort of thing. AD and Office are the major products that keep people on the MS plantation, plus the substantial volume discounts they offer (or used to offer, it's been a while) in the educational and government sectors.

> what is redhat

>Libre. Office.

Pffftt...hehguhahahahah!
Good one user!

tell me why it's not a good alternative.
also, congratulations on your trips. they have been checked.

I just wish Microsoft hadn't discontinued this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_UNIX

I used ie4Unix in my uni's computer lab full of Linux and Unix machines.

A really bad joke

Ia r e d d i t filtered?

Reddit

Check

1. Microsoft Office. It is the best at what it does and nothing comes close. I do use Libre Office personally though.

2. Active Directory. This makes managing 10s of thousands of users easy. It really all comes down to Active Directory.

Make a proper replacement for both of these, and watch how fast shit changes.

>Implying Linux has a good TS/RDS farm replacement.
>Implying Linux has things like Active Directory and Policies (end even if so, that it works as expected).
>Implying Linux has good replacements for Office (365) / Exchange.
>Implying Linux runs custom designed Win32 software.
>What is Shadow Copy
>What is all these other hundreds of features that Linux doesnt have.

An IT-department in an office enviroment exist not primairly to offer such services, but to make things much easier for the end user (automation).
Dude, work in IT first before you make such claims.

>Libre. Office.
No one is going to use that garbage and pray that the files they open/save won't have the formatting fucked up. People only waste time at work when they aren't doing work, not when they actually want to do work.
>this isn't really an issue anymore
Some enterprise software is old as fuck and will never be updated. It's a huge fucking problem. One of my clients runs a heating service out of her house and uses some ancient management software for the meters on their oil trucks. That shit barely works on Windows let alone at all on linux.

Also, AD is ez-mode and the number one reason to use Windows Server. I manage some linux servers, and none of them are for managing large amounts of users on a network. Just web servers and shit, nothing actual users ever fucking touch or have to deal with directly. Despite the Jow Forums meme, Windows Server is quite prevalent in professional work.

Attached: old_men_for_money.gif (300x297, 965K)