Can't Format Linux HDD

I've got a new USB drive as well, but it can't be formatted since I fucked it up while making it into a Pen Drive. Absolute fuck around, this hard drive is.
Any assistance that results in getting the hard drive and USB back online will net you $30 CAD in Bitcoin

Attached: 2018-04-27 16_24_51-.png (1039x627, 92K)

try diskpart

Boot Linux. Run fdisk. Wipe partitions. New partition. Format.

this
diskpart clean

just make sure you choose the right disk
i fucked that up once.
yep. im dumb.

You DO back up your data, right?

well i do now

Attached: ifureadthisurgay.png (645x729, 50K)

Can't boot linux as pen drive shit the bed
I'm trying to format from windows

diskpart=windows dumdum

I tried running Diskpart.exe and cannot type in the command line...

> it can't be formatted
Windows may be retarded but tools like Etcher or whatever will still just format your USB stick.

>Can't boot linux as pen drive shit the bed
Drivedroid on your rooted Android can substitute

Then return the drive and say it was defective. Also, don't come back here until you can work a command line, brainlet.

Attached: yui shrug.jpg (810x780, 70K)

You want some gumgum from this dumdum?

I used etcher and it won't pick up the USB drive
I cannot root my phone as it's got no root tools for it, it's an LG K4 2017
It was from The Source and they don't take back flash drives. I tried.
I CAN work a command line, but it literally won't type in it.

okay so now for some reason Etcher picks it up, but it's sticking at the, 'starting' phase like before. How long should it take to start?

Attached: 2018-04-27 16_59_45-Etcher – Starting....png (800x404, 12K)

>I cannot root my phone as it's got no root tools for it, it's an LG K4 2017
Maybe this isn't a PRIMARY reason to root your phone - but having a personal phone without having root? Never do that.

>okay so now for some reason Etcher picks it up, but it's sticking at the, 'starting' phase like before. How long should it take to start?
I don't know your machine and stick. Just let etcher do its thing. It's not a a high-performance application, but it's made to be mostly foolproof, so it's worth trying that first.

I now cannot connect to the VDisk software

BTW, please make sure neither etcher nor the ISO sit in or have crazy unicode file- or folder names or super long paths or some such.

And that the AV doesn't kill access to USB because OH NO ITS BOOTABLE!

you don't just type clean in diskpart without knowing which disk is selected

open an elevated command prompt (right-click and run as administrator)

diskpart
(should get you into the program)
list disk
(look at disk numbers it tells you)
select disk X
(X = 0,1,2,3,etc... should be the 15GB one, your flash drive)
clean
create partition primary
exit

you should be able to access and format it in windows now

I tried reinstall windows the other day and my 960 EVO couldnt be installed to because windows said it could only install to an MBR partition style.

So I converted it from GPT to MBR and tried again. Now windows told me, for EFI installations it MUST be on a GPT partition style. Despite the fact I JUST had the drive with GPT not 10 minutes before and it told me it had to be MBR.

So I convert back again to GPT and this time I don't format anything, just keep it bare and try to install. This time it finally worked.

crazy shit

Just to add to this post, if for some reason you get the clean portion finished, and yet, cannot create a new partition, simply create it from the Disk Managment window you posted a pic of.