What's Jow Forums's torrent client of choice and why?

What's Jow Forums's torrent client of choice and why?

Attached: 1409592039802.png (300x300, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solmiler.deviantart.com/art/Placebo-for-Windows-7-188414149
github.com/haecker-felix/Fragments
flathub.org/apps/details/de.haeckerfelix.Fragments
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Transmission.

Qbittorrent.
>FOSS
>Feature rich
>No ads
>Good UI

utorrent
it's comfy

Lmao azureus. Betta days

Transmission (+ Transmission Remote GUI)
µTorrent 2.2.1
Qbittorrent if you demand integrated search and don't mind stalling and I/O errors.

rtorrent+rutorrent

I've found Transmission to be the best. Qbittorrent and rtorrent can be buggy, and Deluge is not efficient with resources.

Not only that, but it is extremely easy to run your torrent in a daemon, as well as configure it. configuring qbittorrent-nox is a nightmare, as there is very little documentation, and you have to put all the configuration into qbittorrent gui to get the right config files, as well as RSS doesn't work on the nox version as far as I recall.

Its a shame, as I wish there was a better alternative to transmission, with more development going on.

Tixati

Shit is awesome. Used to use Vuze but its too bloated.

Awesome fucking program. First thing I always install

Attached: tixati_story.jpg (760x405, 28K)

qBittorrent, I'm on Windows and I use qBittorrent on Windows and transmission on Linux

KTorrent despite its increasing buggyness.

Partly out of habit (it used to be by far the best), mostly because i haven't managed to make RSS work with any other client.

Deluge

Retarded user here what is so good about torrenting?

is utorrent 2.2.1 not prone to the security issues that were discovered a while back?

aria2

why is qbittorrents rss auto downloader so shit? Half the time it can't even connect to the feeds unless you manually update them each time.

Attached: 2.2.1 still ok.png (728x85, 30K)

qbittorrent for the search honestly.

It's as fast as its users and offloads hosting from a website. Means that legality is a grey area and hosting costs are dirt cheap

I use tixati, it's faster than any other gui program I've used and has enough options for me to stream things I'm still torrenting. Plus the share feature has potential.

Works on my machine(tm).
Maybe you're using too much bandwith or have auto update set to some crazy number?
qbittorrent

Enable the execution log, also.
Does it actually fail to connect? It will show there.

Attached: file.png (419x237, 5K)

Why isn't torrenting more common? Also are there any security issues people need to be aware of? I'm not really well informed on torrenting honestly lol

>Why isn't torrenting more common?
????

Attached: sandvine2015.png (701x300, 45K)

I don't know, man. It just fails to connect to some of the feeds while connecting just fine to the rest. I just recently switched to qbit after animebytes blacklisting utorrent 2.0.1. RSS worked just fine on utorrent but I have no idea how to even begin fixing qbits updating issues.

All of my feeds are connected to Nyaa.si.

Attached: why.png (1127x1227, 394K)

PICOTORRENT

Attached: .png (1920x1080, 299K)

It's qBittorrent although it went to shit after 4.0. It freezes and stutters all the time now so I had to go back to 3.3.16

Oh shit didn't know that.Fuck I'm a nigger.

Strange. I don't know if qbittorrent tries to reconnect or not on a failed rss feed connection. (I guess not?)
Maybe that should be a thing.
I've only ever had problems with RSS when I've maxed out my shitty connection until I get packet loss.
Does it have anything to do with you requesting the same site a bunch of times? Maybe they don't like that and have some kind of protection against it.
no clue senpai, if it worked in utorrent it /should/ work here

It could also be this version being buggy. I suppose I'll try downgrading to a version before 4.0. Cause I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work if it worked in utorrent.

>utorrent 2.2.0
it werks

I would advise against 4.0, it has a few other bugs.

Faster, more reliable and secure than standard downloads.

MAKE WAY CIANIGGERS

Attached: 1200px-Deluge-Logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 302K)

>animebytes blacklisting utorrent 2.0.1
Yep, this is the only reason why I switched. qbittorent is nice but I have no idea why it won't check the RSS feeds after I bring my PC back from sleep mode. It's like if the PC isn't on, it just won't auto download. Utorrent would automatically start to download items in the RSS right when I came back from sleep mode.

Right? Shits awesome. Only application for torrenting I ever use.

Can I see proofs?

user what is that? Those windows are beautiful

It's just Windows 7 using the Ashtray theme from the Placebo theme pack. solmiler.deviantart.com/art/Placebo-for-Windows-7-188414149
The theme is applied to any program that uses a generic GUI as well.

It's so much nicer than the default theme and easy on the eyes.

Thanks! Really nice looking.

qBittorrent, my private tracker started banning utorrent for some security thing and it works pretty well so far, I really like the RSS better than uTorrent
why do you have a new feed for every series?
just use the one or two feeds and the RSS downloader
you have 18 requests at getting feeds in the same minute

Attached: 2018-04-28_133517.png (1578x845, 46K)

Honestly just a habit that carried over from utorrent 2.0.1. Being the lazy faggot that I am, I just did the same thing I was doing before.

you could use the horriblesubs feed for like 16 of those torrents

That proves the opposite fuckwad.

Transmission cause it came bundled with my OS.
Had uTorrent221 on Windows because the newer versions have CIA niggers in them or something.

more popular than hulu

Qbit
same shit as utorrent but no botnets.

tTorrent

Attached: Screenshot_20180427-214352.png (1080x1920, 35K)

i use aria2 with an input file if I want to seed

>Good UI

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Do I need to configure some things after installing Transmission or will it work well out of the box?
t. ex qbittorrent user

Qbittorrent. Never had any errors since i switched to it and the integrated search is nice to have. Also, muh open sores.

Deluge

Deluge vs Transmission?

Attached: 1509329878047.png (256x256, 114K)

Disable flags on the peer list, the flags make it slow for some reason.

Use deluge

Fragments
github.com/haecker-felix/Fragments
flathub.org/apps/details/de.haeckerfelix.Fragments
Even more lightweight than Transmission

Attached: 184.jpg (1600x2400, 485K)

ut2.2.1
-54 torrents -11MB RAM- cache set to 128MB
-install -390KB
-low CPU load, give low priority still get top speed
-connects to everything
-greenlight on all trackers
-never had a problem, it just werks
-set sequential and streaming is smooth after 5% (smoother than >3 versions that require you pay for pro to stream)

qStalledMeme, uBotNet = /v/
Tixati = /mlp/
rtorrent, deluge, transmission, btpd, aria2, etc = Jow Forums

upstream is slow

>vala
>gtk3

Nocturnal emission, you say, my friend?

FileServer is my torrent box, so deluge is daemon form -using the thin-client from other computers. The web-ui of qbitorrent/deluge doesn't have all the features of the full client's, but the thin-client of deluge has most of them. If I was using one standalone though I think I'd use qbit.

btpd or gtfo

TBF to you though, before all these legal streaming services existed, it was much bigger.

Attached: 1523031795718.png (474x496, 87K)

suiging

Linux: Transmission
Windows: Deluge

Chu-chu, coming thru.....................

Attached: bitcomet.png (256x256, 41K)

I don't think anyone uses that unironically.

Direct download sites actually store the files on their servers, meaning they cost more to run, so they pressure the users into buying a subscription by limiting the number of daily downloads and throttling download speeds. They are also more liable for the files they host, so they are more likely to remove files after getting a DMCA notice.
Torrent sites technically only host links to the files, which are actually shared by the users. This means they don't (and can't) throttle you, and generally don't give a shit about DMCAs, however this also means your download speed depends on the number and quality of seeders, which sometimes may be non-existent. Torrenting is more illegal, since you are also sharing the files you downloaded with others, and it's easier to catch someone who torrents than it is to catch someone who uses direct downloads (your ISP/movie companies can only see that you're downloading something from ddlsite.com because of HTTPS, while your IP is clearly visible in a given torrent's swarm).

Qbittorrent, but i don't understand why does it need 150mb of ram.

does this mean that people share more than necessary? or that you won't generally share a thing when using DD or streaming services

I can see you have a hella lot of rss addresses from the same website to check. if you are going to ask nyaa a fload of requests it is going to deny oart of them. you need a cooldown for your requests or using a single rss address from the best sub team you download from so it checks a single address and you don't cause errors on requests

if you are not using a daemon you can tweak on the fly. just remember to flag the random port thing in the network tab in settings

deluge if you feel special and have enough bandwidth for a proper ratio, transmission otherwise

uTorrent is banned by default on any respectable private tracker now.
Use deluge or qbt.

Except it is still vulnerable to the older exploit. A crafted .torrent file or magnet link can cause RCE.

Prove it.

sauce

How do I protect my self then?

Compared to most torrent clients it's better than average

There are a couple of things about uTorrent's UI that make me miss it, but I dumped it for qBit regardless.

uTorrent 2.2.1

Vuze. Because it works and always worked. Might consider biglybt if it ever gets into portage.

S
T
A
L
L
E
D

Do you get paid for these posts? I have never seen this status in at least 3 years on qbittorrent.

how?

Magic probably, what else.

Maybe that dude just actually knows how torrents work. Only time I've seen 'Stalled' is while trying to download extremely obscure original xbox games with ~1 seed.

Tixati. I tried qbit but I just can't seem to love it. The "missing files" status after moving files irritates the hell out of my eyes.

BiglyBT.. because its by far the most powerful torrent client

Thinly veiled rec thread. Go google it yourself you idiot fuck

>install transmission because I've been having issues with deluge always freezing
>everything gets downloaded to an external drive
>set transmission to dl to said drive
>constant "no data" errors on everything I try to add
>says drive isn't connected
>get pissed and reinstall deluge

I just realized I was moving large files off that drive to another so that could have been it but deluge doesn't have that issue only the dk speeds slow to a crawl.