What is the best city to live in if you are a programmer/software developer?

What city has the most amount of jobs and most pay?

Attached: Pair_Programming_3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/willow-glen-san-jose-ca/?utm_content=243480036|19053872916|dsa-111496188036|198286756268|&semQue=null&k_clickid=96d03f5a-da94-4315-be5f-eca683bace77&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cfU26bc2gIVisVkCh3XRgxPEAAYAiAAEgL_SfD_BwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Redmond or Bellevue.

Seattle area, but you'll have a hard time ever owning your own place.
Enjoy the shitty infrastructure.

The point is to save up a lot of money and fuck off to somewhere cheaper to retire after 10 years.

Doesn't work, try living somewhere close enough to a job in one of those areas. Even bunking up with people costs thousands in rent

Nope. Rent costs $1500-$2000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

you're not going to be making that much. it's not like an engineer making $90k in Huntsville. COL isn't that great in the Seattle area.

ok and how much do you expect to earn

Microsoft/Expedia/Amazon offer around $150k a year for new graduates. Google/Facebook $180k. Except 10-20% raises per year on an average career trajectory.

Are there any job opportunities in Europe? If not, is it likely to change?
Also how are the working conditions in Japan?

If moot can do it, why not you, right?

San Francisco, watch out for the human feces and electric scooters though. And the faggots.

That's not just straight up cash fyi. That number usually is factoring in stock grants.
10-20% raise a year is pretty generous senpai...

What about san jose?

>join Google
>pair programming
>partner is moot
What would you do, Jow Forums?

I hear only goood things about zurich Switzerland. Thriving tech scene due to ETH and highest wages in europe + you could commute by train from Austria or Germany so cost of living is not an issue.

India

And the drug addicts shooting up on BART

Attached: 1.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

sure thing kid

印地亚

Im honestly surprised more people dont want to move to San Jose, areas like Willow Glen are a lot nicer than Santa Clara, Mountain View, Sunnyvale but its a lot cheaper, maybe half cheaper? But there is more crime in San Jose. I would think East San Jose would be good to find really cheap housing if you dont mind living around a lot of Mexicans.

jesus christ

>but its a lot cheaper, maybe half cheaper
Really? I'm paying 1450 in santa clara.

rent doesnt match housing prices, a crappy 1000sq/ft tear down house in Santa Clara is $1.3M in Santa Clara (I know, I live in Santa Clara too), compare that to Willow Glen
zillow.com/willow-glen-san-jose-ca/?utm_content=243480036|19053872916|dsa-111496188036|198286756268|&semQue=null&k_clickid=96d03f5a-da94-4315-be5f-eca683bace77&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cfU26bc2gIVisVkCh3XRgxPEAAYAiAAEgL_SfD_BwE

the condo Im renting in cost $450k 2 years ago, its now $800k

Get him to sign my nugget.

I live in Seattle. I make ~180k a year in salary and bonuses after 2.5 years. Cost of living is high but if you're not retarded you can really start to sock away cash.

Long term plan is to move to somewhere not overrun with heroin soaked homeless. Olympic peninsula looks nice

there are stocks involved but the number given is usually total comp.

i started at amazon in seattle at roughly ~120k a year as a new college grad, i'm at ~220k now, 4 years later.

Do you like Amazon? I know a lot of people who left because they hated the work environment

Attached: gondola3D.jpg (1090x888, 27K)

yeah i like it, but i'm good at what i do and i'm not afraid to tell people to go fuck themselves.

that being said there are definitely good teams and bad teams, like any other large companies.

Are you worried that your leader's balls are going to get attacked on may day?

nice top level salary listings
realistic medians are 80-100k maybe at high COL, and drop off hard at lower areas

Those are literally the 5 biggest employers in the region.

>1.1 million dollar salary after 10 years
Are you fucking high

Director level positions at those companies easily pay that much.

What was your degree and from what university?

>average career trajectory

The Philippines!!! cuz. Duterte!

If you're not a director after 10 years you're doing something wrong.

>not having all your staff be managers
Just think of the morale boost from all the titles!

I hear Remote has a lot of jobs and great pay.