THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF APPLEL

only apple would screw up one of the most time tested designs in personal computing so bad lmao

Attached: 1u8ttz.jpg (846x534, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the largest tech company in the world

I think the person making the picture meant to say the most valuable tech company, which Apple is.

what exactly have they done now?

they're finally getting flak for the terrible, unreliable piece of shit keyboards on the more recent MacBooks.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>crumbs and shit fucks up keyboards
>exclusive to Apple devices

umm user, I know you might have a hate boner for Apple but this is beyond retarded.

inb4
>ITS A PREEEEMIUM PRICED PRODUCT I EXPECT IT TO NOT NOT OBEY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS

it's the mechanism of the switch, honey.
which is unique to their new keyboards

It won't fuck up my Thinkpad (TM) keyboard.

And even if I did manage to fuck it up somehow I can just buy a new one and replace it myself.

Show me a switch that works when you stick something in it. fuck off back to lereddit pcmasterrace.

>This keyboard has to be one of the biggest design screwups in Apple history. Everyone who buys a MacBook depends upon the keyboard and this keyboard is undependable.

>implying apple isn't reddit as fuck

>Show me a switch that works when you stick something in it. fuck off back to lereddit pcmasterrace.
You should look into the butterfly switch mechanic that Apple is using in their new MacBooks. My Thinkpad can tank some small crumbs and it's easily cleanable. My MacBook Pro 2017 has been returned to Apple a couple of times because keys just stopped pressing. Canned air doesn't do shit and you can't just pop a key out to clean it. To top it off the keys are so fucking shallow the smallest crumb or dust can cause it to malfunction.

Slob here.

I get crums in my keyboards all the time because I eat behind my computer.
Never did it cause a keyboard to break what the fuck are you talking about?

Why don't they go back to their old keyboard design? It worked well enough that it didn't have hate brigades.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Breadcrumbs? You mean dust suspended in the air...? Because that's what fucked up mine...

New design is thinner.

That is because of key travel, literally any low profile keyboard will encounter this issue, or more correctly any obstruction will affect low profile keys more severely.

This can all be avoided by the tech purchasing guide of. Never buy 1st gen anything. You're paying to prototype.

I work with a laptop on a construction site, laptops don't last more than 6 months before the keys get crunchy.

such is life.

Dust kills current Macbook keyboards and you can't easily replace it or individual keys.

They have completely removed serviceability from their design outlook.
People use these products in the real world. Stuff happens, and in many cases it is far simpler, and cheaper in regards to man hours required, for Apple to just replace a device and maybe ship your one off to China for refurbishment, than just fix something that is broken.

And that's kinda a shitty model to have because what you may be getting back is a refurb which may have some underlying problems waiting to pop up, maybe the same issue you had before.

I think there can be some arguments from an e-waste perspective. After thinking a bit I pretty much see it as a six up half a dozen down situation.

It is because of the tiny key travel.

But it can be prevented by designing the switch in a way that avoid crumbs from getting in.
And the problem can be greatly reduced by making the switches easy to clean.
Apple just doesn't give a shit.

Crunchy is one thing, do they stop responding to being pressed or respond multiple times to a single press?

Because that's what happens on these Macbook keyboards. And not on construction sites, in an office.

The absolute state of soibois

Appletoddlers have defended this.

>Show me a switch that works when you stick something in it.

Attached: euKEYC5.jpg (3187x1793, 1003K)

My house is not a construction site tho. It's not even that dusty.

Cool, not put that shit in and on the switch and tell me how it feels.

thats not my keyboard but it would probably still work even if you put it in the switch. But I think the more important thing here to note is how the keyboard is designed to keep functioning even with the dirt in it as that is going to happen anyway with use of a keyboard.

>it would probably still work even if you put it in the switch.

It's rubber domes so it almost certainly will.
It would just trigger a little sooner with extra material between the key cap and the dome.

Can you imagine being an apple hater

Over a decade now of just constant complaining as Apple keeps growing and growing and selling more and more phones

>wahh ipod shit get a zune
>omg lol ipad DOA
>iphone has no copy paste!

remember those days, dumb cunts

i eat breakfast while shitposting on my shitty samsung laptop and the keyboard never gave up, even when i eat like an autist and there's bread crumbs everywhere because i just woke up. apple is in deep shit if bread crumbs fuck with their keyboard design

Apple's next keyboard will just be a touch screen.
Problem solved.

only $8000 i5 4gb ram 120gb high speed revolutionary hard drive 7200rpm and a new high speed touch keyboard

>Cool, not put that shit in and on the switch and tell me how it feels.
How it feels is IRRELEVANT.
If the key still responds correctly then that's better than how the Macbook keyboards are coping with just a light dusting.

Meanwhile my T420 can have a beer poured in it and it will still work. Can withstand lightning strikes, and still work. It gets used on a construction site, where there is concrete dust in the air all the time, still works.

Also has 9 hours of battery life(2x the macbook) twice the processing power, more ram, better ssd(and it can take 3 ssds if i so choose), and a clitoris.

macbooks are literal garbage just made so people can masturbate with each other about how awesome they are for thinking different and buying the same shit hardware. meanwhile, infinitely customisable and repairable laptops are 1/5 the price.

>all these construction workers on Jow Forums

Attached: img_5710.jpg (5184x3456, 3.13M)

This (((brand))) is a religion to people. These Applel cucks are so fucking indoctrinated they can't help themselves anymore

wow it's almost like apple has had terrible form over function design for well over a decade now. or at least, it's form over function if you're a gay man or really like latte, otherwise the form and function are about equally fucking terrible, with abundant poor choices made to appeal to extremely stupid people, and few redeeming factors.

also, the fact that it's taken this long for people to start realising that apple regularly has major issues consistent between individual models, with almost no support for those affected, is fucking sad. their business and design practices are utterly disgusting.

trust me friend, they've always had shit keyboards. at least these days they tend to not melt and (OS/2) warp

Attached: 1255843273728.jpg (520x390, 100K)

which macbook should i get? which one has the best cost-benefit?

i already have a desktop pc btw

>thinking IT has real jobs

Thinkpad
Install Gentoo
Gas the fags

>even thinking price/performance ratios are worth bringing up while talking about apple products

the only time this is appropriate is when trying to work out if you should get a factory damaged Virgil the Drippy Dragon for $60 or a perfectly good Trent the Triceratops for $80

I own several Apple products (macbook, iphone, ipad, airpods) and it's honestly inexcusable that a laptop key will break from a fucking crumb being stuck under it. but then macbooks have always been incredibly prone to breaking because apple cheap out on the hardware or build quality internally

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

By dropping 3 grand on a new macbook.

what's the story behind this? I buy and sell a lot of these and i've never seen this happen or heard of it happening?

>they're finally getting flak for the terrible, unreliable piece of shit keyboards on the more recent MacBooks.

I literally just got my keyboard replaced by Apple for free

Dell has similar (probably identical) low travel keyboard, time will tell if it will be same fuck up like Apple's. But fuck this low travel shit, it's good for burst typing but sucks ass for prolonged work because you fingers will get tiered hitting agains a flat surface in the long run. This is a very stupid fuck up, idk how they shipped that shit untouched.

Attached: gay.png (2386x1344, 667K)

What even is the fucking point of low travel keyboards? You may as well just use a touchscreen because they both have the same disadvantages of no tactile feedback, but at least you can do interesting stuff with a touchscreen.

>I buy and sell a lot of these

You buy and sell a lot of 17 year old laptops?

In those days CPU's didn't throttle automatically like they do today.
So if you had shit cooling things would get boiling hot.

Haptic keyboards when?

Well i have the wired apple keybord and it is by far the best Keyboard i have ever had. And i had a lot of keyboards through the years.
I really can't stand the long travel sugar cubed keyboards. I type way faster on my Apple keyboard than on any other model and the tactile feeling is superior to any cherry MX meme shit.

>screw up
I don't think you understand. It's a feature, not a bug.
You only deserve the latest hardware!

keyboard that takes $700 to fix when it breaks likes to break a fucking lot

Attached: 1471201898332.jpg (960x720, 100K)

1. Their electronics is too sensitive to shit. Bread is enough conductive to cause Apple machines to randomly reboot. (Even touching with finger is enough to cause reset if you know where to touch).
Other laptops take much more abuse before they reboot, my sisters ASUS laptop was working after water on mobo without any reboots. And restoring this liquid damage was much easier, since traces are visible, since they are not black.
2. Butterfly keyboard can be seized with crumbs easily.

Delet this!

Attached: applecryguy.png (547x500, 180K)

Dells keyboard supposedly uses magnets for feedback and activation which they claim is more reliable. Reviews have said that it feels similar to the Macbook which I actually really like the feel of so I'm tentatively waiting for some longer use anecdotes.

>Keep keycap on
>This is the worst it gets
>Meanwhile a macbook with keycaps on ('cause it's not like you can get them out anyways) shits itself when a crumb gets in
Bravo, you showed us

Attached: apple park.png (1080x1198, 930K)

So you're saying Apple workers are incompatible with windows?

Over a decade of whining and complaining about Apple, meanwhile Apple just keeps growing and you just keep going.

Attached: 1502483489677.jpg (2048x1536, 625K)

Imagine all the sjw and soibois laptops broke and now they can't support gay apple anymore