Why is it so hard to get a tech job...

Why is it so hard to get a tech job? I graduated over a year ago with a CS and math degree and can't even get a code monkey job.

pic related because I'm slowly becoming anti-tech and a disciple of Ted Kaczynski.

Attached: anarcho_primitivism_flag.png (220x147, 2K)

Just be yourself

No it is not just look for entry level positions first and how fast you can go up is on you

>unpaid internship fetching coffee
>5 years experience minimum

Attached: me.jpg (603x481, 124K)

Sounds impossible.

this
>meanwhile in oracle
>some of my female classmates got invited to work there just because they are females

You need a minimum of 25 years experience in all languages. Better start interning!

What is wrong with you all? My success rate in getting called for an interview after sending a CV is something around 100%. My linkedin has several messages from consulting firms and startups where they contacted me, not the other way around. I get like 2 of those per week. And I haven't even graduated CS.

You should've gone into a trade and learned as a hobby if you were interested.

I'll bite. Which do you think are the keywords you used in your linkedin profile that they're looking after and end up finding you?

Over-saturated

I don't fucking understand US system, graduate means you did 3 or 5 years?

Programming and software development is saturated. Try expanding your view of "tech job" to include technical positions.

Probably cause you're retarded and never actually worked on anything outside of academics when you were in university, you literally fell for the cs degree meme. The first thing I'm asked about in every dev interview I've had is the projects I've built and the startup I ran in university.

Huh, that's weird I got a CS internship for the summer and had no technical interviews.

It means you did something around 120 credits (135 at my school) most people do it in 4 years but some do it faster or slower

You probably forgot about getting a job before ending college to at least get a couple of years of experience and a juicy portafolio
>can't even get a code monkey job
You are overqualified, employers dont want someone so intelligent to code, it may affect the labor environment or demand a proper salary

Java is very sought after. Linux and Python aren't bad either. C# and .NET are very likeable as well, but I don't have those.

So you're saying recruiters are going after you because you put "Java" as one of your skills? Come on.

>never graduated because reasons
>literally have to pick "high school" (or "some college" if they're generous) as highest level of education on job forms
>apply to one of silicon valley top 5 for a shit tier entry level position
>interviews go well, good banter with company people especially the tech ones at later stages
>few weeks later they call with an offer but want to meet in person one more time
>instead of shit tier position they make me department lead with path to moving up further within a year
>feels good man
It's good to have a portfolio and other shit to show for yourself instead of just your degree from University of Upper Fuckknowswhere.

try having an edge over your competitors or moving somewhere where nobody knows shit about technology and would pay a high price for such services.

>My linkedin
What if you don't want to use glorified social media that sells your data?

What is an example of a good portfolio? I assume you mean open-source projects, right? In which case, it appears to be that "good" just means the newest gimmick technology, e.g. "blockchain", something javascript, buzzword this, buzzword that, etc.

What data? The resume that I want to be spread as much as possible?

Everything else you agree to as per their privacy policy.

Why would I put anything else on there?

They sell your data and companies that buy and aggregate it can track you across sites. It's about ethics and ideals - why is there so kind of obligation to use social media to get a job? It shouldn't have ever come to this.

What data? You keep on harping about muh data muh data but there is literally nothing on there.

I graduated with a bachelor's particle physics, was unable to find work for two years after that, and only recently started my apprenticeship in software development in another country for less than their minimum wage.
I feel as if something's gone terribly wrong, but I couldn't be happier.

Just keep applying everywhere until you get your foot in the door.

Attached: Feels super, man.jpg (564x410, 71K)

Have two portfolios: gimmicky ones full of latest buzzwords for shitty gimmicky startups, and a serious solid one for serious companies that should be your ultimate target for long term job security. Always adapt your shit to the job your applying to but you should know that already.