GIMP 2.10

this kills the photoshop

Attached: 2.10-update-ui[1].jpg (960x587, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9nkLU9b78Ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>this kills the photoshop
AH HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

Make a square with rounded corners, and change the radius of those rounded corners to 13.5mm at a 300dpi scale factor.

GIMP is the best example how one person with over-inflated ego can completely destroy any open source project

>taking a meme program named after a sick fetish seriously
wew

>GIMP
WTF??? It's been a whole day now and still no windows installer???? GIMP is not going to be killing anything.

Attached: gimp windows installer.png (976x458, 43K)

why does anyone use GIMP when Krita exists?

Attached: Krita_4.0_pre-alpha_interface_screenshot_with_kiki.png (1920x1136, 868K)

Fuck Windows.

THIS
stop wasting time with gimp when krita already exists

>using furfag software

are not they for different things? can krita do everything gimp can?

direct replacement

>t. gimp shill

gimp is for image editing, krita is for drawing/painting

this desu senpai

there hasn't been any scenarios yet where I needed gimp to accomplish something. but maybe that's just me
krita is better for drawing and still has the same functionality as gimp

Is there any photoshop alternative that has scaling options like photoshop's bicubic sharper and bicubic smoother presets?

It's literally the only reason I use photoshop. These filters are one click and make noticeably better scaled images than the bicubic/lanczos3 option of any other software I've used.

Attached: photoshop.png (220x58, 2K)

It seems the real release that kills the photoshop will be 3.2. Until Gimp has non-destructive editing, you can't really compare them seriously. Nice to see that their making progress towards that, though.

Just write the code yourself :^)

>make noticeably better scaled images than the lanczos3
Sounds like placebo, unless you have some evidence to prove it.

GIMP is actually good. It's just that it's so different from Photoshop and missing a few features.

t. Photoshop 7.0 user who has been forced to use GIMP most of the time

What can gimp do that Krita can't at this point?

It's very noticeable to me when using the bicubic sharper one. I only use it for dumb things like scaling larger images into smaller size for things like social media avatars, etc and the difference in image quality between photoshop's bicubic sharper and any other alternative including lanczos3 is large.

I'm not saying that lanczos3 is inferior to bicubic or the like, just that whatever preset sharpening or other manipulation that photoshop's method uses provides a better looking result.

I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're doing could make a better result with lanczos3 and manual sharpening, but as far as an automatic 1 click solution for someone who knows nothing about this, bicubic sharper is better.

Draw a circ-

Oh

are you actually braindead
>google sheets is for cell editing
>microsoft excel is for accounting
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

The text tools in Krita are so bad I wanted to shoot myself after a day of trying to do anything functional with them

jej

Krita has more filters than GIMP and you can actually make art with it

Explain.

>GIMP
>Still not as good as Paint.net
GIMP will never kill anything.

Isn't Krita abandonware now?

how do I install paint.net in macOS? or Linux?

No, it's probably one of the most active open-source development teams I've ever seen. They just had a major release last month. Check it out, it's a lot better than GIMP, at least it's a lot more intuitive.

>Paying a subscription for photoshop
>Shooting yourself in the foot for "free" software
>Being a jew and using free shit
I use clip studio and it was the best decision I've ever made. 1 time price of a video game and it gets all the functionality of photoshop while also getting regular updates and is actually supported.

Which software has the most precise magic lasso tool? You know, that connects the dots automatically.

Convince me to stop using my Paint Shop Pro 8 from 2003, and no this isn't a joke I still use it

meh I have a CC subscription but I just can't get used to Photoshop's shitty way of rotating the canvas. You have to enter "rotate mode" and drag the canvas yourself, which is a hassle when you're coming from software that just lets you rotate a few degrees with the push of a keyboard button. So I downloaded CSP and it was alright as you say but I just couldn't get used to it. Went back to Krita, quite literally the best solution for me. But I think CSP and Krita are the same in terms of quality, it's just that I'm more used to Krita.

lmao
standards have improved a lot since then. I would recommend you at least try Krita or a Photoshop free trial

CSP does get some perks over krita in larger canvases and hundreds of layers, just runs a bit more efficiently. Also has a bit more support for things like comics and such. There's a few things I wish it did better but overall its been more favorite so far.
I know someone who likes to paint a lot and he dislikes how it handles that, but he uses coral or something which costs way more than I'm going to pay.

Krita is actually really good software, as is sai, but I think sai is paid too. But either way just $60 is chump change so worth a try anyways.

I've used it in the past, but I remember that a similar program was discontinued a while back. What was it?

Attached: 1524852783970.png (1079x1194, 227K)

>Shrink then sharpen.
Solved.

Shrinking may cause the result to appear blurry to us humans, but the scaling is mathematically correct. That's a thing you should know as an artist.
IIRC that was explained somewhere in ImageMagick's docs. Or maybe I read it somewhere else. Anyway, just sharpen after shrinking. It is not that hard.

>Draw
Krita is for drawing.
GIMP is for image manipulation.

>He uses anything but Tux Paint

Attached: magic_chalk_blur.jpg (400x300, 27K)

Why bother with krita when SAI 2.0 and clip studio are both under $100

based tuxpaint

The only thing I really find Paint.net missing for me is a native content aware fill plugin

made this in gimp :^)

Attached: (you).png (757x435, 224K)

Maybe Photoshop version 2.

This is a job for Illustrator
Photoshop can do it, but it's not the best tool

>tfw no windows installer

good job friend

Attached: 1489684645125.png (657x527, 30K)

nice one fren

Attached: 1486613122301.jpg (1000x800, 40K)

Pinta

I didn't actually make it. I just edited out the eyes and put (you) over it and cropped everything else out :\

Attached: trap-door.jpg (758x1182, 100K)

>Linux
I'd like to

step the fuck back

Attached: 81woVfdyPiL._SX522_[1].jpg (522x459, 73K)

GIMP is my meme machine.

All you need is layers and free select for OC.

What can GIMP do that Krita can't?

Any software/hardware with a fucking mascot needs to be pruned.
Android, Apple, GNU, GIMP, Krita, Firefox, ..etc

Would you rather everything's logo look like Aptana Studio's?

No, something simple and professional like PS, VS and Jetbrains stuff

apple has a mascot?

don't you open that TRAP DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

based user

based basedposter

> freeshit killing enterprise/professional grade sofware, ever

0/10

holy shit I fucking loved that. thanks for the memories

lemao they just changed the color and moved their still horrible clusterfuckui(tm) around a bit. There is a reason that free software is so bad, no one has motivation to work on it for no pay. Just fucking use ps crack. And if you are shilling timesinksoftware(tm), you likely are not the type of person (those who have to do work) that even needs something close to photoshop.

They completely rewrote the backend

Attached: 1481816509906.jpg (251x242, 8K)

Not even in your dreams faggot

Attached: 1.png (1383x747, 821K)

But what is mascot is 2D girl?

nohalo + lohalo in gimp

>Having an image of Richard Matthew Stallman open in proprietary software
ABSOLUTE BLASPHEMY

Why'd you put RMS in a botnet REEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=9nkLU9b78Ak

Attached: rmsad.jpg (480x451, 54K)

Windows installer is now out, it looks nice. Still sticking with Photoshop when I'm on Windows though.

Inkscape?

When GIMP changed their "save" function so that you have to "export" to save to the format you actually want, and then told their users to fuck off when everyone complained, I stopped using it.

I mean, GIMP never had the best UI, or the best features, but that just shows they give zero fucks about how people actually use it.

>has the same functionality as gimp
No it doesn't you fucking idiot

and no one gives a fuck because it still is the same clustfuckui
wOWza

Can Krita recolor images or do transparent reaction images?

Attached: recolor image.jpg (7680x3240, 2.63M)

you could say it gimps Photoshop?

just use paint.net

>this kills the photoshop
10/10 OP

I'll screencap this and post in the humor thread.

according to GIMP it isn't even for image editing, I don't even know what the fuck their target audience is, because it sure as hell isn't what most people think it is.

its been ages that linux zealots declared gimp superior to PS, and it never fucking happened and will never fucking happen
but the thread was fine, the bait worked

>*unsubstantiated claim*
>"can you explain your logic?"
>*silence*
The absolute state of Jow Forums, nowadays.

You know Jow Forums is 90% kids who don't know shit. Talking and discussing things on Jow Forums is like being in high school again. I'm 28 and at this age you can easily spot when a post is written by someone who is under 18-20. In fact, I don't even know what I'm doing here... Why is it so hard to leave?

>proprietary software
>ever
You can't make this shit up.

Attached: Adobe Photoshop CC.png (1246x604, 106K)

Interject

for a moment

>classes ended on Thursday
>exams start on Monday
>haven't studied
>been on Jow Forums ever since I got out of class
>haven't slept much
>almost all attempts to generate productive discussion have failed
>make meme posts every once in a while just to get some replies and keep the dopamine flowing
>every time I leave, I start wondering if anything relevant has been posted since I last looked
you tell me, mister oldfag. surely you know something I don't. get me the fuck out of here, please.

Linux is a kernel.

Attached: 1234568.webm (1902x1194, 407K)

I think it is the variety of topics, opinions and posts that keeps us coming. In one thread you write a thoughtful post, then in another you shitpost. We all live dual lives on Jow Forums and I guess that's what keeps it interesting. Plus the anonimity helps. Anywhere else I couldn't make racist jokes despite actually being a card-carrying ultra-left anarcho-communist. So if I say something like "What's the difference between a black guy and a bench? A bench can support a family of four." I'd be labeled racist. Although those kinds of jokes aren't even racist. For the sake of the joke you pretend all black people are poor fathers, then it is funny. You don't actually have to believe that for the joke to be funny because people have that ability.

But you can't explain shit like that to leftists who are dumb and follow ideology blindly. So here I am, memeing with the rightists.

don't know first hand, but when I started using photo editors, gimp WAS very close to photoshop.

but then photoshop pulled ahead.

if I had to guess, a stubborn holding onto 'I make gimp for gimp users' mentality, like the 'we make blender for blender users' that holds blender back from being adopted widely is to blame.

It's the same thing with many/most open source projects where the creator has an idea and the users have another, but the creator won't accomodate the user

why does anyone use Krita when grafx2 exists?

Attached: sshot_svn693.gif (320x200, 13K)

prove him wrong then, show something useful that gimp does that kitra doesnt do, I honestly believe there are many things but I don't use either enough to tell.

animated gifs

how to create path and use it as selection in Krita?