Why is iOS jailbreaking dead? Without it these devices are fucking useless

Why is iOS jailbreaking dead? Without it these devices are fucking useless.

Attached: 4L_qacS28ho.jpg (1280x800, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/s0rrymybad/status/989463494671056896
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iOS development is shitty anyways

open source nerds finally gave up because apple fights them at every turn. also because android grew up and is now generally better than iOS

Apple's lynch mobs disposed of the only chinks who knew how to jailbreak.

Basically this and many of the features that jailbreaking had were stolen by apple and added into the OS.

Android phones are garbage bevause they have to depend on Qualcomm's shitty SoCs

It's not theft if there's no vopyright :^)

*copyright

No it still is, most of the Jailbroken features were first android features.

Nah, Android is still trash. I don't like Apple but the alternatives are much fucking worse.

>Running a closed source kernel module coded by Chinese hackers that handles some of your most sensitive info.

Attached: 1522728125740.jpg (970x545, 75K)

that's a blanket statement with no factual basis

the chinese stopped developing jailbreaks after ios 9.1 when sideloading gave them a more economic way of distributing piracy

Paid jailbreak apps like there's no use to it.

>be Apple
>release a decent touch based mobile platform
>make some decent hardware for it
>decide to make 7th major version look like a gay pride parade even though the old theme was great
>force iOS 7 updates, don't allow downgrades
>since day one users have been rooting and sideloading applications
>try to take a massive legal shit on them by making it illegal
>supreme court rules in user's favor
>users do free vulnerability research for your platform, barely even acknowledge their existence
>all the good hackers are replaced by numale faggots on r*ddit
>someone comes along to offer their work for free, r*ddit cockheads shit all over them if it's not perfect
>Applel starts hiring poojeets and gender studies mulatto faggots
>32-bit app support is dropped for no reason
>brings in some inane tap to unlock shit
>releases a phone with a giant retarded notch in the top
>hardware and software experience is as repulsive as the streets of India
Yeah, I have no idea why jailbreaking is dead or why the iOS platfrom as a whole is suffering from a lack of good software, or why the hardware profits are drying up. I don't know what it could possibly be.

>Qualcomm's shitty SoCs
How are they shitty? They're faster than Apple's A-series chips and they're cheaper too. They throttle less and have better power management. Stop talking out of your ass, faggot.

Attached: gteaEbu3NJ4EfXolUgzpIN9cSvHf4DUBxA7sAyqpYr0.png (320x356, 62K)

There’s no real reason to jailbreak anymore. I used to have a jailbreak because I wanted something similar to Androids Ampere. But now there’s an app for that. I also had a Jow Forums browser app called Fortune, but you can either sideload that or use other apps (Or a fucking browser).

>Why is iOS jailbreaking dead?

- apple simply copied alot of jailbreak innovations and baked them into iOS - anyone remember sb settings before controll centre ?
- ricing springboard was fun but apple broke winterboard themes literally every main release
- it became next to impossible for little gain and you have to be a savy veteran to pull it off: i still have my trusty iphone 6s jailbroken on 9.1.2. and my backup 4s jailbroken on 8 [pic related]... i got a new battery the other day and the tech noted "that my os was out of date" to which i replied "its jailbroken and if you upgrade it i will kill you in your sleep"
- im stuck with a semi untethered jailbreak, which means the dev cert only lasts a week which is a pain cause i like to turn my phone off at night

>Without it these devices are fucking useless.

yeah i am moving house at the moment and have no internet at my new house. I forgot how handy it was to pull some TV and music torrents of my city wifi @ 4mbs... and download shit in safari too.

And IFile... blessed be the iFile... the killer power user app for last decade

Attached: IMG_4423.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

i do little with my phone other than fill with music and text/phone as intended, the jailbreak shit was killer circa 2009, carrier unlock, only reason i started using an ipwned, novelty wore off long ago, i dont know how people efficiently use any touch screen phone/pad to do anything more tech and serious, even rooted.. i have to have a keyboard T.oldfaggoteyes

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

>ifile
Filza is way better and it's been out since two years or so, where have you been?

Only dumb devs care about jailbreak now, they release broken tweaks and all love to get into twitter drama with the "11.4 jailbrek wen eta" kids.

The smart people are selling the exploits and don't give two shits about the 17yo wanting to jailbreak their 5s.

e.g 11.3 has been jailbroken already but the bouty hunter has no reason to make the exploits public

mobile.twitter.com/s0rrymybad/status/989463494671056896

> Filza
> where have you been

if_it_aint_broke... never heard of it to be honest i just love the ifile webserver... throwing files on it and off over wifi years before airdrop existed was majic... gotta be honest since i got a DSD DAP all i use my phone for these days is imessgae and hotspot for my debian MBA..although the while my 70yo mum is litteraly glues to hers. Pottery.

Attached: ifile.jpg (580x1077, 127K)

>Caring about jailbreak
>not giving your soul to chinks in exchange of free apps and space cleaners without having to worry about certificates or dumb shit
>Impliying there would be any good theme anyway

Even if there was ios11 it’s already shit and unstable as fuck, why would you want another unstable layer on top of that?

Attached: 25DAB6BC-4D92-4067-B1F4-758E96E57330.png (1242x2208, 1.93M)

>Filza is way better and it's been out since two years or so
And it's still stuck on 11.1.xx
Some of us are on 11.3

I got a 4th gen iPad for free and I've just been using it to read comics. I jail broke in but honestly don't know what I could do with this thing that I don't already do better with my android phone. Only thing I can think of is using the high res screen for Manga and comic reading.

Qualcomm chips are generally better engineered than Apple chips. The only reason Apple chips are faster in benchmarks is because they can afford to make their chips bigger and put more cache. Qualcomm can't do this because their chips aren't just used in phones. Android phones typically have more RAM than the iPhone so it balances out in real world usage outside of benchmarks.