I want to setup a voice server for my friends to get them off of discord...

I want to setup a voice server for my friends to get them off of discord. Does Jow Forums have an official voice communication software?

I'm leaning towards vent because I used it back in the day and it had volume normalization e.g. typefrag.com/ventrilo/tutorials/normalization/, but it phones home and only allows 8 people.

TS3 doesn't have it, I don't think mumble does (and the devs/community seem like pricks - github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/1156), and skype is aids.

Is there a voice chat program out there besides vent that has volume normalization?

Attached: WebBanner.png (438x91, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ventrilo.com/faq.php,
github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/1156#issuecomment-62263671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Discord

Mumble has volume adjust per user if that's what you meant by linking the github issue.
Read the last post:
>This feature has been implemented and is available in snapshots and the upcoming 1.3.0 stable release. I'll lock this issue to prevent further confusion.

It's not. I mean that on my client each person has their noise level either boosted or reduced to the same loudness - scroll to the bottom of this ventrilo.com/faq.php, under "Normalizing Volume per Server using Special Effects (SFX)".

discord

This is some really shit bait, user. Take this (you), because (you) look like you need it.

Ok. github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/1156#issuecomment-62263671 says Mumble already does it besides also giving you the ability to still change the volume of someone in case you don't like it. I've been using Mumble with my own server for years and never had problems with people sounding too quiet if they went through the audio wizard correctly. Did you test Mumble with your friends, did you have issues?

>if they went through the audio wizard correctly
Did you even read the link you posted? It's all people complaining how walking people through the wizard sucks and doesn't always work.

I'm sorry user, if your friends don't give enough of a shit to stop using discord by themselves they aren't going to move over because you are giving them a new option. I remember when I tried to get my group to swap onto discord instead of Skype back in 2015 and they used it once, then went back to Skype. Unless the rest of the world is telling them to use something else most people wont switch over.

Use mumble.

I've asked them directly if they will switch and they said yes, but that's just some background info.

I'm looking for voice chat recommendations that have volume normalization. Only vent having that seems really strange considering how useful it is...

And if you've read you'd know this issue was fixed since 2016, though it wasn't even an issue before then really except for a handful of people.

discord is the best no reason to use anything else lmao

GET OFF VENT OR I'LL HAVE YOU BENT

BALLS OF STEEL
I wonder what videocompiler is doing now. Still watch his videos sometimes

You know... skype just works.
you can complain about microsoft as much as you want, but in the end you're just throwing it against mumble devs/support or the lack of features of ts3/ventrillo/raidcall/discord/whatever.
Don't want to use discord? Go for skype them.
is just a voip, you're not worth to be spied on, user. pls.

>you're not worth to be spied on
yet you are being spied on, no matter how "worthless" you is
kys you're self

Roger Wilco OP

go for Roger Wilco

mumble

always noticed discord has high latency issues from use in Australia.

do all the servers get hosted in America or some thing? any way to improve this/.

Either change the server location or use self hosted like mumble, has almost no delay.

If you’re on windows you’re probably already at risk of microsoft botnet so skype adds minimal risk and normies have accounts.

Mumble is good though.

Discord adds to the number of ppl botneting you.