When the fuck are phones with keyboards gonna come back

when the fuck are phones with keyboards gonna come back

I hate the way current phones are

Attached: blackberry.jpg (466x422, 43K)

They are not coming back.

the best you can do is go on ebay and buy up stock of Blackberry Classics or Blackberry Passports if you don't want the Android botnet.

Otherwise, get the Keyone or whatever. But the thing now is big screens, so no pearls or anything would ever come back.

Never

Attached: 1351275582579.gif (470x266, 95K)

omg stop pulling at my heart strings.

Get a bluetooth mechanical keyboard faggot

phone with keyboard: 38 moving parts that can break

phone with touchscreen: 6 moving parts and one big ass sensor on the front

What timeline are you living in? Blackberry Keyone was released last year. I'm typing on it right now

Attached: Screenshot_20180429-090955.png (1080x1620, 222K)

>Vodafone IT
Come ti sta trattando il Key One?
Pic related exists too, if you have one of the Samsung big guys
It's incredibily tactile too!

Attached: 20180429_091651.jpg (2160x2160, 2.38M)

>come ti sta trattando il KeyOne?
Da dio

>Dio
Is that a JoJo reference?

They never went anywhere, there are just less models to choose from.

Attached: Q10 Classic and Passport.jpg (563x415, 50K)

It gets worse. If you live in the US, most carriers are sunsetting 2G/3G coverage in just under 2 years and you're going to need a phone that supports VoLTE to continue making calls, which anything from more than 3 years likely won't have so you aren't even going to be able to use an older phone to have a physical keyboard.

What a wonderful JoJoke!

Attached: harold the jojoke.png (630x357, 232K)

Attached: dio1.jpg (489x381, 200K)

I hope they aren't made in china.

I don't know how many countries they were made in but both my Q10 and Passport were made in Mexico

Based BB.

It's sort of neat when you think about it, designed in Canada, built in Mexico, and used in the US

Ottimo
Creai un filo poco tempo fa proprio perché ero tentato di farmi un Keyone, ma ho deciso di prendermi la tastiera per l'S7 dato che a quanto pare non ci sarà il root per il blackberry

buy a dumbphone.

Buy a Passport. I did.
Super intuitive keyboard, can be used as a trackpad and supports gestures.
Built in security features that require no third party questionable apps or packages.
Full storage encryption on internal storage and microSD card.
Secure messenger service built in.
Native support for PGP
Multitasking that puts android and iOS to shame.

I'm buying two more of these to keep them in storage as replacements in case mine ever dies. They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into using Android ever again.

Attached: IMG_20180429_060125.png (1440x1440, 706K)

Too bad that most apps won't be compatible soon

If it runs Groove Coaster with the lucky patcher patch, I'm buying one in an hearthbeat

Just get a Nokia E6 but stay with Anna because Bell is a fucking bloatware of a OS

Stop crushing my dreams

Really? There are remote areas where I only get 2G coverage.

Now, I'm a fan of BB after ditching Android a couple of years ago, but the security thing is not exactly true. The full device encryption can easily be unlocked by law enforcement. As you noticed, when locking the device you didn't input an encryption key.

There have been reports for years that even the Canadian Mounties have the decryption keys.

However, I agree with you that multitasking is great on BBOS 10. I have the Classic, Passport is just too big to work one-handed and fit in my pocket.

Those are going to be switched over to 4G after 2G/3G sunset.

The unfortunate reality we live in is that if the Feds come a knocking any major company will bend over backwards to let them have your data. It doesn't matter if they have some hidden away private keys, or a little backdoor exploit that the latest Cellebrite can access. If they get a warrant there is pretty much no way to keep your information encrypted. If a perfectly encrypted device did exist they'd just imprison you for life until you voluntarily unlocked it yourself. We live in a dystopia with good PR and theres no way around it.
The encryption does however protect you from prying eyes better than anything else.

Or you could just not use data on a telephone owned by everyone but you.

Fun fact, nearly everything in your cell phone comes from Asia. Where it's assembled is meaningless.

Physical keyboards are snowflake tier

If you actually like them, chances are you unironically own a fedora and katana

I want something like this picture, with a larger screen.

Attached: P1i.jpg (1193x725, 127K)

i want the one with a flipable keyboard

This form factor is overkill.

Attached: HTC_Desire_Z_-_with_keyboard_open.jpg (800x828, 73K)

Blackberry priv here

not true basedboy

Worse than KeyOne but still miles better than all the crap out there

Yeah, how dare those snowflakes want tactile feedback? Don't they know that the harder something is to type on, the more hip and trendy it is?

Oh hey, un altro italico KeyOne fella, quali sono stati i primi commenti riguardo il tuo telefono da parte di colleghi e amici?

Attached: IMG_20180425_094851.jpg (3264x2448, 1.24M)

Mi fa piacere sapere che anche nel mio paese esiste qualcuno che apprezza la bellezza e la funzionalità. Tra i colleghi l'hanno notato in pochi, ma molti miei colleghi sono anziani e poco sensibili nei confronti di certe innovazioni tecnologiche. I miei amici si sono mostrati quasi tutti sorpresi, chi per la tastiera fisica chi per la forma.

>No upcoming events

blackberry in a nutshell

Don't buy a Passport. I did
Shitty barely usable keyboard that leaves your thumbs sore.
Blackberry OS have no apps and zero compatibility
You want to install your banking app? Well that's too fucking bad.
Shuts off randomly in your pocket.
Takes for fucking ever to boot up.
Camera is a glitchey mess that can't even focus.
You have to stand up the take it out of your pocket.
Back lit keyboard works when it wants to regardless of the lighting conditions.

>I did
So did I
>Shitty barely usable keyboard that leaves your thumbs sore.
Never happened to me, I love the Passport's keyboard.
Blackberry OS have no apps and zero compatibility
That's a blatant lie. I use BB10OS apps daily along with Android apps.
>You want to install your banking app? Well that's too fucking bad.
Mine works.
>Shuts off randomly in your pocket.
Never happened to me
>Takes for fucking ever to boot up.
Oh no, my phone takes a minute to turn on? Man, that's a real inconvenience the once every month or two that it dies.
>Camera is a glitchey mess that can't even focus.
Camera's a valid complaint
>You have to stand up the take it out of your pocket.
It may be large but it's not that large, quit wearing skinny jeans.
>Back lit keyboard works when it wants to regardless of the lighting conditions.
Never had an issue.

>They never went anywhere
Those were last made in 2014 and will not be supported past 2019.

Never.
Lack of features, lack of support and notches are premiun specs nowadays.

They don't magically cease to exist. Besides, those are just some of the best models. There's also the Q5 and P'9983 as far as BB10 goes and the Priv and KEYone for recent Android models.

Also the Passport and Classic were released in 2014, not last made in 2014.

Yeah it's OK. Slow and now the volume down button is kinda broken. Still like the keyboard

Enjoy your oudated OS.
Soon BB will shutdown the store to install apps from.
They basically abbandoned BBOS 10

And they are doing the same to their android phones lmao.
Can't even supply phones with updates.
Tbh they should have invested their shit into BBOS 10 and make a nice compat layer for Android apps which shouldn't be hard as they already had one.
Now it's just another shitty Android phone without updates.

>Enjoy your oudated OS.
I certainly will
>Soon BB will shutdown the store to install apps from.
Good thing I'll always be able to install them manually.
>They basically abbandoned BBOS 10
No shit

Luddite detected

Same here

Fun fact, I've been to an IoT World congress in Barcelona last year and at the Blackberry booth I met my first and only Blackberry Priv fellow owner. A client not even a PR RIM guy.

This type of phone is really dying it's sad.

I'm not exactly obsessed with smartphones, but let's be real.
Considering that you don't need a keyboard for 99% of the time when actually using a cell phone, and also considering that menu navigation/web browsing and other stuff is actually more efficient with a touchscreen rather than phone buttons, using a touchscreen keyboard for composing numbers/writing messages and emails is a very small price to pay for the benefit of a larger screen and overall more intuitive use.

>itt: fags seriously convinced that somehow blackberries aren't botnet

Physical phone keyboards have always been shit. Only snowflakes with small girl hands like them.
Vibration when using virtual keyboards is unironically a better, more reliable feedback.

Vibration just tells me I touched the screen; with a physical keyboard I can tell if I mistyped based on how my thumb lands on the key in addition to the click when the key is pressed, which is superior to vibration.

>I'm not exactly obsessed with smartphones, but let's be real.
Opinion discarded.

Wow fantastic arguments.
Check 'em.

You can't swipe with a physical keyboard.

I wasn't making an argument.

Well... Yes you can ! What is the touch, tap, swipe sensitive keybords of some of the last keyboard phones talked in this thread ?

Exept if you're talking about the fact of moving an image you see "directly" with your finger. In that case what are for you trackpad and mouse on computer ? Less instinctive than touchsreen ? Sorry for being able to see what's beneath my finger and enjoying maximum visibility of the screen.