Currently installing fagOS on this X220 here, I'm amazed that it works so well already

Currently installing fagOS on this X220 here, I'm amazed that it works so well already

Attached: IMG_20180429_015524570.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

x220.mcdonnelltech.com
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAn-EcPgfg
x220.mcdonnelltech.com/macos-sierra-installation/
github.com/rpeshkov/IntelWifi
archive.fo/27g8H
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

more pics bro

Have to use a USB mouse and Bluetooth keyboard, weird how Bluetooth works but not the wifi

Almost done

Attached: IMG_20180429_020259416~2.jpg (2474x1649, 858K)

>your wifi card is not supported
what would you do?

Install a new one. You're not one of those software-only skilled peasants, right?

I just came here to say that you're a giant fag.

fell for two memes at once. RIP.

can you link the guide to this? i will try with my t420

He's not stupid enough to be unaware of hardware white lists

I'm guessing it was this one.
x220.mcdonnelltech.com

Dude, I have an actual macbook and I've dumped it for an x220+manajaro OS with bspwm. Why are you doing this?

Install hackintosh is not hard
Make it sleep is hard

>x220+manajaro OS with bspwm
You are a fucking meme lord, jesus christ. Probably has an anime wallpaper too.

I've been thinking about installing macOS on my X230. What's the easiest way to create the installer USB without a Mac?

About to du exactly the same thing. Keep on posting.

installed OSX on my T420

the wifi doesnt work, and sometimes it creates graphical artefacts when im using it

and i came from a real mac so in comparisson the T420 screen is simply awful, i just cant use it

but i guess poorfags dont notice these kind of details

Attached: dunno.gif (700x700, 295K)

T420 guy here. I successfully installed macos. I have no mac, so used this guide: youtube.com/watch?v=3AAn-EcPgfg

Then i followed the how-to on x220.mcdonnelltech.com/macos-sierra-installation/

Custom BIOS my nigga

Does the ThinkPad dock work on macOS?

>putting applel shit on a machine which is far superior to macintrash.

Fuck off applel nigger cunt

Not wanting to own shit tier easily breakable hardware is the reason I'm doing this in the first place, though I should probably have better luck doing this on a Dell XPS 13/15

I used to be one of those fags lol

So far, everything works except for wifi, Apple is not too keen on supporting Intel wifi sadly and the kext that I installed to make it work didn't do much either

Attached: IMG_20180429_133236167~2.jpg (3090x2808, 1.55M)

it's ok wifi isn't important

Also brightness control doesn't work, Ethernet does though so I'll have to see what I can do

The project to port Intel WiFi kext from certain linux distro is discontinued. The project stopped before the wifi could work.

So, is my only option to buy a Broadcom wireless card? Airport cards are based on the brcm chipset so it should work

but... why ?

Yeah, unless you want to develop the kext.
github.com/rpeshkov/IntelWifi
Look at black_wizard posts for more detail here => archive.fo/27g8H

Correct. Some Atheros cards also work, and most Broadcom work. You can even rebrand many of them into Airport cards. Some work out of the box, others require a kext and some require you to hex edit shit in Apple's kexts to get them working.

Intel cards are a no go, just forget about them unless you're a damn good engineer with some vast low-level knowledge on wireless technology and macOS software development plus have a shit load of time to make something.

Off to eBay I go then

Make sure to do some research on whether the card works in macOS before committing to the purchase. If someone else have had success with it, it'll probably work, unless Lenovo has some shitty whitelisting.

I temporarily installed Windows to get the modded 1.43 BIOS flashed, so I'm good on that front

Installing a new wifi card is pretty easy (its under the keyboard). Then all you need to do is the first part of the tutorial linked in the thread (the bios)

BIOS signing.

But it worked so what's the issue?

tried installing macos on an x230. not recommended, too many issues. for example, to name a few:
* closing the lid didn't trigger sleep sometimes
* trackpoint randomly stops working once in a while
* shutting down the machine triggered a restart instead
* audio issues (randomly stops working, no output devices anymore etc)

all in all, what a shitty experience. maybe if you haven't used macos before, it seems like a cool experiment, but I'd say the computer was pretty much unusable.

Find yourself a torrent of both VMWare Workstation and a macOS VMWarre Image

You can use an USB Wifi adapter.

Neither one I have work with it, they're all Realtek

Realtek has an OSX driver on its website.

>THINKPAD
> FAG OS

Ewwww well OP i must be your arch nemesis because here i am for the past few years with my 256gb 2011 macbook air with only grub / debian / swap partitions