Linux apps will soon be able to run natively on Chrome OS

Linux apps will soon be able to run natively on Chrome OS.

imgur.com/a/2q8NNU7

On Pixelbooks they already can apparently with the Terminal.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-04-29 at 4.21.23 AM.png (696x412, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/containers/lxd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>install modified linux to have webos
>make it non webos-y again
>it's like ubuntu minimal reimplementing bloat called ubuntu minimal
>???

why not just install linux at this point?

> 200 mb terminal

Probably some terminal using electron. After all this is chrome os

atom on chrome os

Attached: atom.png (2400x1600, 285K)

Attached: 1.jpg (2400x1600, 206K)

steam on chrome os

Attached: 2.png (1024x1024, 819K)

my guess is that it's a ubuntu chroot or similar as well

probably includes coreutils

just as i was hoping Chrome OS would push web apps, nope, we now have native android and native linux on there. we can't have nice things.

>web apps
>nice things

Now if only Windows & Mac OS programs could run natively on Chrome OS...

GalliumOS exists

yeah, it's also because of people like you that we can't have nice things

But why run on goofle botnet OS?

Google already knows too much I rather split my botnet up than give google ALL my info. So google gets half the picture and microsoft gets the other half.

it's using ldx containers (crostini linux containers)

lxd*

ubuntu.com/containers/lxd

Jewgle is switching tactics again. They realised that having WASM-powered, platform-independent PWAs would make their beloved app store obsolete, so they decided to push the focus back onto native Android apps so that the future of unified Web apps is delayed yet again, and there's nowhere you can hide from the botnet.

oh and by the way, Google is in the lead of Web app innovation too, so it's not like they have any incentive to actually push the Open Web. they just need to keep implementing and scrapping their own standards and have everyone else play catch up indefinitely.

Well colour me suprised! Most informed answer with awareness about the industry I have seen on Jow Forums for a while. It is true the quality of posts goes up on weekends since wageslaves are having their day of rest and the NEETs are drowned out

Attached: Kim-Kardashian-Paper-Magazine-Photo-Controversy-Reaction-And-Support.jpg (594x439, 24K)

i actually just handed in my thesis on this very subject. doing it made me realise just how fucked shit actually is and i'm questioning whether i want to even get a job in tech anymore.

funny enough, i'm about to leave for "work". but thanks, i guess.

my assumptions were correct. you are getting Educated and are gearing towards Employment. you are training to be a wage slave, so I guess you qualify

Attached: 1431470167179.jpg (386x661, 89K)

how many terabytes of ram do you need run chrome os, chrome and atom at the same time?