Brave Android Browser

This shit really is the best thing since sliced bread, works like a charm, built in adblocker and is FOSS.
I got fed up with Firefox for Android being slow and buggy as fuck, installed this shit and fuck me, it looks like day and night.

Attached: Brave_Software_Logo.png (256x256, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs
github.com/brave/browser-ios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's a pretty good recommendation to people that aren't tech savvy and aren't worth devoting time to teaching them how to set up something

I love that I can use searx on it as a default sesrch engine, you cant on chromium and firefox is slow on android, so thats where I end up

Mmm. It's not very good with popunder ads though, i changed back to firefox because of that.

I personally use duckduckgo but is very nice to have searx as an option.

I would gladly use Firefox (and I did) but the fucks in charge at Mozilla decided that Nighlty should not auto update anymore.
Their browser is also painfully slow even on a powerful phone.
That was it for me.

Still wouldn't trust it

Attached: IMG_20180429_124550.jpg (1080x1863, 222K)

It's chrome + a shitty ad blocker, stop shilling that garbage.

Permissions are all disabled by default

Attached: Screenshot_Package_installer_20180429-124932.png (1080x1920, 75K)

Which makes it the best browser for Android considering:
1. Firefox is slow as fuck and also partially botnet
2. Chrome/Chromium are botnet and do not have an adblocker.

>only 2 browsers exist
Hurr.

Suggest some alternatives then.

What is that thing showing your up/down speed called?

Via.
>when literal chink shit is less intrusive than your "privacy oriented" browser

Attached: Screenshot_20180429-135739.png (1080x1920, 138K)

It is a widget that comes with LineageOS.

Is it open source? I can't find the source code, they have a github but it only contains translation files.

>Is it open source?
It's not.

It also seems to be just a GUI built on top of Android's Chome engine.
Relying on Android's Chrome engine is also is a very bad idea since it usually is not up to date.

>It also seems to be just a GUI built on top of Android's Chome engine.
It is, it's only 800kb.
>Relying on Android's Chrome engine is also is a very bad idea since it usually is not up to date.
On the contrary, you can update webview separately from the app and be more up to date than even Chrome.

There's also Yuzu, it has more settings and it's open source.

Nice poem

>not on f-droid

Fuck it

>using F Droid unironically
kek basedboy

>On the contrary, you can update webview separately from the app and be more up to date than even Chrome.
You are right, but still the GUI is closed source.
Also, how do I update the included webview component if I don't have google play services installed?

This one looks promising.

Thanks faggot.

There are quite a lot of people using f-droid only.

From yalp store.

I am not sure that this can be done with LineageOS or other custom ROMs.
Installing apps from yalp defeats the purpose of having a google free android device tho.

>I am not sure that this can be done with LineageOS or other custom ROMs.
Why wouldn't it be. You don't need gapps or even a google account.
>Installing apps from yalp defeats the purpose of having a google free android device tho.
Why?

what do ppl use without gapps?

whats wrong with f-droid?

99.9% of apps they used before going gapps-less.

I mean what do they use for map/directions/traffic

Whatever the fuck they used before. Even google maps work without gapps.

I'm trying it now and frankly I'm amazed by its performance. It's fast and super light. Holy shit, why have I heard about it only today?

is it actually foss tho? where is the source code? can only find it for the desktop version....

my bad this whole time i was reading gapps as gmaps

Attached: brainlet_libs.jpg (1200x676, 69K)

github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs
github.com/brave/browser-ios

>Why wouldn't it be. You don't need gapps or even a google account.
Because for example on LineageOS (and probably every other custom ROM) Android System WebView does not even show up in the list of installed apps in yalp store.

>Why?
Google play store versions many times include non free libraries that are otherwise removed from the f-droid build for example.
If you are privacy concerned you should not install anything from google play store even via yalp store.

>Android System WebView does not even show up in the list of installed apps in yalp store
Because it's a system app. It will show up once you manually install the version from the store.

>the best thing since sliced bread
Why do americans have such a shit taste when it comes to food? Literally everything that you eat is fucking garbage, taste and nutritionwise.