Is possible to be free of the botnet and not be a hermit?

Pic related hit me hard. I have a hard enough time explaining to my normie friends why I don't use shit like Skype, WhattsApp, or Facebook, but how do you work around stuff like this?

Attached: on privacy.png (1295x377, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

makeuseof.com/tag/stop-google-android-listening/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Winners never quit. Quitters never win. Be me. Quit never. If you believe in yourself, become a leader. Otherwise be that following sheep like your average normie. YOU ARE THE IMPORTANT ONE. If anyone would like to get in touch with you, they'll find a way. Knock on your door as a last resort. In the meantime, they'll learn and install whatever you tell them to install. Be that Signal, Wire or Threema. It's not easy without a "smart" telephone these days so I've given on that one too. I'm not using Skype since Microsoft acquired them. Facebook... I had this shit for a day 10+ years ago. These days I'm setting up a profile only to check on somebody...
Fuck normies. That's what the botnet masters want. Consumers. Hit the gym. Be strong. Eat healthy. Study hard. Cut the liquor and bad habits. Don't forget to install Gentoo (not that hard, seriously). Enforce others how you'd like things to be. Enjoy life at ita fullest. Profit?

Signal
Gentoo
ProtonMail
Firefox
Virtualbox
MEGA/Dropbox (encrypted anything important though)

BE SOCIAL Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn/Microsoft FREE
>hurr durr buh mah LinkedIn job opportunities
FUCK OFF. Be a man and build connections both in the Internet && IRL. That's how you'd find a real job.

If nothing else works, dump your pathetic normal friends and find real ones.

Attached: cloak.png (426x156, 13K)

>build connections both in the Internet && IRL
Does that shortcut mean that if I build connections on the internet I don't even need to evaluate my connections IRL?
Thanks Jow Forums.

birth certificates are botnet.
why does anyone need to know I exist?

While you're on company time use their things how they want you to (and not your own)

While you're on your time use your things how you want to (and not theirs)

Just use the company botnet devices for work related things only. Just use the botnet services for normie things only. Keep your using your libre devices and services for everything else. It's not that fucking hard.

stupid coin poster

What the fuck is that guy's problem? "Oh no my work data and communications for 40hrs/week will go to the botnet, guess I better sell all my personal data during all 168 hours every week as well!" Fucking retard.

i understand the concept behind utilizing software and tech that makes it less easy for your online activity to be tracked. the problem is that there is large scale infrastructure in place that tracks and logs information on individual users on a global scale. yes you can use a linux distro, or a dumb phone. but every time you post on a japanese candle making forum or send a text message from your dumb phone, that information ultimately gets relayed through that infrastructure, logged, and it can be traced back to its device or user. isp's and telecoms further facilitate this process on behalf of governments and are incentive for doing so. i guess all im really trying to say is don't fool yourself into thinking that true privacy is something you can achieve through your choice of os, or hardware. you're grossly underestimating how advanced the monitoring infrastructure is and giving yourself a false sense of security.

>I have a hard enough time explaining to my normie friends why I don't use shit like Skype, WhattsApp, or Facebook
If it's a bother, you can just say "nah, I got no interest in that shit, looks useless to me." or anything, really. You don't need to explain what PRISM is every time you tell someone you don't use Facebook. Other thing you could say is "nah, those companies are shady as fuck. Haven't you seen the news?"

>but how do you work around stuff like this?
First, it's not guaranteed that you'll have to go through this. Not everyone here is working in IT, and not all jobs will require you to use company devices.

Then it's dead simple: use work machines for work, and personal machines for everything else.

And most important: don't stop talking to people for privacy reasons. This makes sense if you're an activist, but not otherwise. You goal is to communicate with your friends, right? If the only way to do that is through botnet services, isolate that as much as you can.

Attached: Archer 2.jpg (900x1408, 261K)

this.
this is also why I would never work at a regular Corp, I work in research and r&d, where there are all sorts of eccentrics
if the faggot that carries a pet parrot around to the lab got funded, so can i
it's true that it's pretty bad, but the key is never to connect your activities to a single ID, if you always use tails and it switches identities every time you boot, you're basically set on that front

Do you know what being on call is?

I feel like this could've been a response to any thread ever.

>Hit the gym
What does that have to do with anything?

>having botnet devices turned on and in your home
That defeats the point of a lot of libre shit, particularly if your threat assessment is any relating to official bodies.

>Then it's dead simple: use work machines for work, and personal machines for everything else.
See .

Discipline, ever heard of it? It's the reason why people are taught doing whatever bullshit they're called to do in the military.
It teaches you how to be independent and follow strictly your goal of becoming a true leader. Self-discipline.

That's not your average pasta, sir...

the gubment needs to bleed you dry, that's why

wanting to be "free of the botnet" is childish bullshit

ads suck and you should block them, but people need training data to build better products and make your life better, and denying them that data because you're concerned the robots might laugh at you is immature

now, it's a problem if governments use your tastes as an excuse to lock you up or otherwise deny you rights, but the problem with this is the government locking you up or denying you rights, not the mechanisms it uses to accomplish this. fight for democracy, not against technology

>governments are the only problem
user, do you have any idea how often this sort of data gets hacked or leaked? Governments aren't your only problem.

and why exactly should I care that people socially maladjusted enough to look at these data dumps know about my fetish?

Yes, I know several very successful developers who don't own any kind of cellphone, run loonix, don't have a facebook, etc.
It's up to you whether you want to give in to using this bullshit or not, that post you capped is fucking retarded, they literally can't force you to have any of that shit except for while you're at work itself, in which case, who the actual fuck cares?

Blackmail.

yeah, and you should donate money to corporations on a daily basis too. I’m pretty much homeless, but I’ll donate at least $50 a day to microsoft and google. They need it more than me.

It's not a fucking ||

and I'd just let them dump that information because I'm not a social basket case who has genuinely anti-social tastes or wanting for a spine.

You're right, this is harmless advertising dat-
Oh, google has started curtailing information to only show you want you want, rather than what's relevant or accurate
Oh, Facebook just let a third of the unit states population's very robust data sets be used for political analytics to god-only-knows-what-end
Oh, more and more HR firms are leveraging all this data to tell prospective employers whether or not you fit "company values"
Oh, Equifax just lost 150 million social security numbers
Oh, it turns out that your smartphone is literally recording everything you say, all the time, without your prior knowledge and consent, to be fed into voice recongition algorithms and to *sell you shit based on the verbal conversations you have*

Fuck off. This shit might've been dismissable 15 years ago but it sure as fuck ain't now.

And if you're on call?

Says the Jow Forums user.

>I'm not a social basket case who has genuinely anti-social tastes or wanting for a spine
>implying you have any power
It's not you who decides what is proper and what isn't. If someone decides that getting quads on 4chinz is a felony, you're fucked no matter what you think. The panopticon we live in is like Puritanism 2.0 and this is why it's bad.

He could've used his personal phone for what he has before and the business one for contacting bosses, colleague, etc. Same applies to the laptop. Why wouldn't that scenario work? No one forced him to install an app like WeChat anywhere.

sacrificing freedom for employment means you are a whore

>And if you're on call?
Then you're not very successful, or you're so successful that a cellphone is mandatory because now you're managing everything instead of developing

he’s trolling, don’t reply and give him the satisfaction. Only the mentally ill don’t have a problem with being spied on 24/7.

>be me
>be into some trivial shit
>get blackmailed
>tell them to go ahead
>they do it proving that they are truly shitheads who care enough to give a shit about other people
>anyone who suddenly hates me because of this one fucking thing can fuck off
>now I can be myself and allow everyone else to choose whether they want anything to do with me
>live my life free of having to hide stuff and put up a facade and piss off anyone who dislikes me or my fetish in the process

Sounds like an oppurtunity desu

All of this would probably make too much sense and doesn't have a hidden motive. Wouldn't make for a very good pasta.

Honestly, if you want a better counterargument then I'll just copy and paste from my notes.

2) To the people who says "If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear" then I say "but I do have something to hide!". Even if it's not something illegal that I've done at any point in the past, present, or future, there's still plenty of stuff that I'd like other people to not know about, like my family situation, my health, who I've lied to, my relationships, how much I drink, my finances, whatever dumb shit I did as a kid, and whatever hobbies that I'm not proud of. I don't know about you, but I'd like to minimise my chance of getting embarrassed or outright blackmailed.
3) Even if I don't have something to hide, I bet that I've got my friend's secrets saved somewhere (e.g. emails, chat logs). I wouldn't want to put my friends at risk.

It's over.

Attached: 1997.jpg (880x1249, 251K)

Phones spy on you even when not in use.

Nice way to tank your own employability user. See if you want a more serious review of how fucked you could be.

I came to this conclusion myself. I believe that a sign of maturity is coming to terms with the way things are, and finding ways to live meaningfully given the state of reality.

That being said, I still don't use Facebook, Twitter, etc. because, although I have divorced myself from FOSS ideology, there are still good reasons not to support these mass media campaigns that are effectively massive scale psy-ops.

"One must put up barriers to keep oneself intact."

personalized information providers are the problem with your first two examples. legislate against that or else nationalize the services, don't ban data mining
employers giving enough of a shit to not let you use your abilities because they don't like your tastes is the problem with your third example. legislate against that (force all employers to hire only through one centralized application that doesn't list anything but your qualifications, or else give you an ownership stake if it's really that subjective a job for example), don't ban data mining.
the fragility of government identification is the problem with your fourth example. fix that, don't ban data mining
advertising is the problem with your fifth example. legislate against that, don't ban data mining

I don't use any of those and I'm not a hermit. Social life still exists outside of the Internet and social media, you just need to make those connections. Depending on your disposition, I'd suggest a local club, fraternal organization, or church/temple.

Once you have those personal connections, you see people in-person regularly and catch up. Social media becomes redundant, heck even phone calls become less frequent. You use your computer for what you need, like work, and nothing else. Voila, you're now 99% out of the botnet. Enjoy.

>Phones spy on you even when not in use.
I know that, but he is one step away from Stallman. That's hardly as far as many people would go.

>am completing the hiring process for a massive telecommunications company
>actually read the agreements
>they can call my neighbors and friends at any time for any reason to gather personal info about me
>they can investigate social media accounts tied to my name at any time for any reason
>they can search my personal vehicle at any time as long as it is parked on their premises
>it is literally impossible to sue them for anything, but they are able to come after me for anything they want, even after I leave
>NOPEing like no tomorrow but this is the only job I've been able to find in two years
What the fuck do I do? I don't have any social media accounts anyway so there's not much for them to find, but being a privacyfag I have no idea how the fuck I'm going to even be able to sleep at night.

Attached: 1473875553483.gif (500x281, 1.99M)

you take the job anyway because you need to survive but you politically mobilize to make the government force it and its competitors to stop doing that in the future.

>fraternal organization
I don't even know what those fucking are.

Why get such faggot job then?

it's not going to get better until people start dying

because you need to eat and pay rent and the alternatives would otherwise degrade dignity even more?

This company already contributes to political campaigns, it says so right in their code of conduct (of all things). There's no way in hell the little people are going to have their way when corporations have bought out all the politicians to this degree. Their equal opportunity agreement is also hilarious.

>we do not discriminate against anyone based on race/gender/protected status
>we firmly believe in diversity and are committed to affirmative action

I guess they did say "discriminate against" and not "discriminate for", so technically they can say they're not lying.

You could be the chosen one, user.

how the fuck are they going to get your friends numbers? how the fuck are they going to open your car without breaking shit? you haven't been able to find a job but the only job you can find is from hell?

maybe aim for a smaller company? i don't know, in the third world employers are kind of stupid but they don't do that kind of legal corporate harassment.

>There's no way in hell the little people are going to have their way when corporations have bought out all the politicians to this degree.

if there's no hope of anything ever getting better there's no point so you might as well give up. the truth is, there is hope of things getting better. join your local DSA.

>how the fuck are they going to get your friends numbers?
It's been a while, but don't people put their addresses on Facebook? If so, presumably the phonebook or any number of phone number directory sites.

>how the fuck are they going to open your car without breaking shit?
Obviously they would approach me at work, and threaten me with termination if I don't comply.

>maybe aim for a smaller company?
I definitely will from now on, this has opened my eyes to how abusive big corporations are. I don't plan on staying here any longer than I absolutely have to. I haven't actually started the job yet, so if I can find something else before the start date I'm taking it. Even if it's moving boxes or something, at least I'd have my privacy.

>how the fuck are they going to get your friends numbers?
It's easy to slurp data from social networks and people put everything on there

Replace signal with your own matrix server
Replace virtual box with qemu/KVM
Replace mega/Dropbox with nextcloud

Driving Standards Agency?

If not taking the job is an option, do that. I have worked at one of the 2 processor corporations and at a startup being the only engineer - and neither of the agreements were anything near this draconian.

Freemasonry, Odd Fellows, Elks

I am very tempted to, but they sprung these agreements on me the day after asking if I accepted the offer, and I had already told friends and family I had gotten the job. I'm almost completely out of money, so I'm thinking the best option is to go through with the process, scramble to find something else before the start date, and if I can't find something before then, stay there for at most 4-6 months so leaving quickly doesn't look suspicious on future resumes. How does that sound to you?

Not him, but if your situation is dire, then take the job and immediately start looking for a new one. Don’t be homeless user!

I agree with because of your situation. However, if you don't have much experience, I'd advise staying with the company for about two years. Anything less than that is a bit difficult to explain for next jobs, and that's usually the minimum requirement for the 401k to kick in.

>2 years
No way in hell that's happening. I'd rather clean toilets than stay at an oppressive monolothic corporation where I have no rights or privacy.

OK. It is not the end of the world, just be prepared to get the question of why you left somewhat swiftly when you're going through interviews.
I respect very much that you want to work somewhere you philosophically align with and feel the same way. You will get there, it just may take a bit longer than folks who are willing to work anywhere that gives them a paycheck. But it is far more rewarding.

Where do you live? Many of those are likely illegal and would held no value in a court.

If it is the only job option you have, you should take it, but you could also keep looking for alternatives. Chances are that, given the time, a better opportunity will appear.

>I definitely will from now on, this has opened my eyes to how abusive big corporations are.
>I'd rather clean toilets than stay at an oppressive monolothic corporation where I have no rights or privacy.
Nice. I'll be sheering for you, user. Hopefully you'll get a better job sooner than later.

Attached: archer summoning.jpg (317x960, 65K)

I prefer Syncthing over nextcloud

Most people came to this realization a long time ago. Everything that connects to any kind of network collects data and that data is stored and sold. Phones, televisions, computers, even fucking kitchen appliances now. The only way to truly be free from the botnet is to discard all electronic devices and live off the land, but that's illegal in most places since almost all land is privately owned now.

You don't have to take every job that is offered to you.

OP, every little bit counts.

If something is forced upon you, you can't always avoid it.
But that doesn't mean you have to give in.
Not to everything.

A man can be destroyed, but not defeated.
As long as there is resistance, there is hope.

Attached: typical_librefag.jpg (1280x582, 260K)

Privacy doesn't exist anymore and people happily and willingly gave it away so they could brag about what they had for lunch to all their friends. This is why aliens haven't contacted us and will probably ensure we never leave this planet.

I know that it doesn't mean you're literally working 24/7.

Say you come home at 7pm. Then you shitpost, fap to lolis, then go to sleep. Then you get a call at 1am and you have to do some work. Using your work peripherals (with botnets) for working does not mean you have to fap to lolis on your work devices.

Proton collect data.

Botnet phone being turned on means data collection.

Any company that cares more about the person themself versus whether they can do the actual fucking job in question isn't worth working for.

Source? What kind of data? What would you recommend? Tutanota/Posteo?

>I have a hard enough time explaining to my normie friends why I don't use shit like Skype, WhattsApp, or Facebook
No you don't. If anyone asks you tell them and they just shrug or say okay. Nobody cares. You're not a special snowflake for not using social media, and people won't give a shit.

You can use these things. Just don't tell them anything real. Never put the same information into 2 services. Use different email accounts to set them up and keep a separate email for actual email that isn't linked to anything else. Use incognito all the time and never stay logged into anything when you're not using it.
For full tinfoil hat use TOR and VPNs and virtual machines.

What data?

Voice collection is literally always on. Google it.

What's a good mail provider? I have a cock.li but I'd never put one of those on a CV.

A lot less than botnet phone being in use alongside botnet laptop and botnet everything else. Worst case scenario, they can see your location and recording the sounds of you fapping - you can cover up the camera easily because that's not necessary for being on call. Worst case scenario if you go full botnet: they can see your location, your microphone, but also your camera, your personal chats, everything you browse or do online (including all the stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with work), and basically literally everything about your life.

You COULD also try to compromise by e.g. requesting that you get called using your plain old phone number, which you could access on your dumbphone. You would then be able to switch on and take out of the faraday cage or whatever your work phone and everything and go participate as normal. The boss might not agree to this, but it's a fuckton more reasonable than "I won't be using any of the company laptops or messaging/communication platforms at all, ever".

Stop trying so hard to be Chad like. It's nauseating

Disable internet then.

You can't keep business and personal lives seperate by using botnets. Most payroll is done through online providers, which require personal information and business email information.

Literally always on

>cuckfox
>gentoo
>mega

What would you recommend then, faggot?

There's an option to disable it

SCREENSHOT THIS AND READ BEFORE IT GETS DELETED

Jow Forums its way more botnet than we ever thought.
The threads are auto-filtered for each person, the ones being displayed on one device, aren't the same as others.
All of you are being manipulated according to your site habits, and who knows what else, political opinions maybe? No idea.
Just compare the board you lurk more with another person. SOME THREADS ARE FILTERED.
No idea what's the objetive doing that, but it's clearly manipulation, Jow Forums is Youtube botnet tier.
Don't compare the site with the different devices you own, fucking botnet already knows it's you.

INB4
>u dumb your order setting is different than other dude hehe lololol
Exact same settings in different devices owned by different people AREN'T THE SAME, even if you open them at the same time in both.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

>The threads are auto-filtered for each person, the ones being displayed on one device, aren't the same as others.
Source or gtfo.

>>they can call my neighbors and friends at any time for any reason to gather personal info about me
>>they can investigate social media accounts tied to my name at any time for any reason
>>they can search my personal vehicle at any time as long as it is parked on their premises
Discuss it with them, dumbass.
Same goes for those "we own everything you produce while you're our employee" overreaches. No, the standard compromise is: own everything I produce *on* company time or *on* company equipment. Obviously don't use work time and work equipment for anything personal (at all!), and avoid on-call or discuss how that works with an employment lawyer.

Ask them why they need it. If they say "oh we're not gonna use it", say "then it's ok if we remove it from the contract, right".
Cross each item out, sign your initials. Tell them either they initial that shit, or you're both wasting each others' time. If they need to consult with legal - absolutely. If it's not possible to change the contract, tell them to pull in whoever can make that decision. No change? Offer to give them some time to discuss it among themselves. Still no? Well, that's unfortunate. If they find a way to make the tweaks in the future, feel free to contact you. Thank them for their time and off you go to something less abusive.
Get an employment lawyer and see if you can do something about
>>it is literally impossible to sue them for anything, but they are able to come after me for anything they want, even after I leave
too.

Do you have any evidence? I'm not saying that is impossible, but something to back up that claim would be nice

No it isn't

eh, it kinda is, depending on your android version, google assistant, voice history settings and so on
ferxample as of whenever this was written:
makeuseof.com/tag/stop-google-android-listening/

I don't have time for that. I had 48 hours to agree or they would rescind the offer. The number they gave me to call for questions is closed on weekends. I run out of money in a month. On top of all that shit, I no longer have the right to a jury in any public court case against them as long as I live. It's a done deal. It's signed. I feel sick. This world is sick.

security cameras, shopper profiles, banks, three letter organizations in every first world country

reality is the botnet now unless you live in the third world

time to go unabomber on dem bitches
meems aside
>run out of money in a month
living with your parents while you find less abusive shit an option?

>I had 48 hours to agree or they would rescind the offer. The number they gave me to call for questions is closed on weekends
call em Monday morning, say that you're concerned about (points that you're concerned about), don't agree to enslavement ffs

I'm already living with them, they can't afford to support me anymore and the little money I had from my last job is almost gone.

I already agreed so it's probably already legally binding, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

>Pic related hit me hard
wow a 20 year old thought they were part of a clique and then switches sides at the drop of a hat