What is Audio programming? Is that something I can get into? What's a good resource

What is Audio programming? Is that something I can get into? What's a good resource

Attached: image_11.jpg (699x432, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tidalcycles.org/getting_started.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tx_cjBjZ2zM
msp.ucsd.edu/techniques/latest/book.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tidalcycles.org/getting_started.html

Have fun

Why?

i dont think this is what is meant by audio programming...

meme

Ridikilis

Audio units or vst. Ableton can be edited. You can generate sine and midi with Java to create your own synth and signal processing. You can even sample real easily with Java sound library

I don't nothing about java. Just haskell

youtube.com/watch?v=tx_cjBjZ2zM

>using java for hardware related anything
It can't even play a fucking console beep and the audio classes like clip are a cluster fuck. Hurr durr it exists the program because non blocking but sometimes it does and you need to call drain.. etc

I remember when people would use programming as a tool to accomplish a goal, and solve a problem.
Now people try to get into programming just for the sake of programming. Not for doing something by writing a program, but just for getting into this programming thing.

Jsyn tard

Miller Puckette's "Theory and Technique of Electronic Music"
msp.ucsd.edu/techniques/latest/book.pdf

It's called DSP. Not audio programming for ducks sake. You'll get more results with correct search terms.

So how do I get into audio signal processing then

Attached: 1506704203763.gif (450x240, 289K)

why do you think im not trying to accomplish a goal

How can i academically study this

maybe the goal is getting into programming

What do you mean? Just search for signal processing, there are plenty of textbooks; it's taught in electrical and computer engineering. Additionally many classes use languages like MATLAB or octive(?) for lab work, so you could look into learning either if you are interested.

Because you ask vague questions that lack a clear direction. You have no concerete goal, it’s obvious

but I do? What is your issue here? Stop projecting

>via 9gag.com